IGNORED

Realistic "target Men" In The Prem

eric04

Had a look at who might be surplus/available to loan after recent transfer activity...

STOKE - Mamady Sidibie

Sidibe is you're typical battering ram forward. I'd have thought he wouldn't cost much either, maybe around 500,000. He would be the sort of forward I would like to see us sign as he's aggressive, good on the deck and can provide plenty of chances for Maynard.

His wages would be sky high. The best target man in that list for me without a doubt is Sidibe, he is probably the cheapest in the strikers you've mentioned.

i think we could afford his wages but i wouldn't want him because like i said all of his off the field antics

They were two of his 4 goals that entire season, if I'm not mistaken.

Target men don't score lots of goals. Sidibe is the best possible target man we can hope to sign, wages will rule us out of moves for many other target men other than Caleb Folan in the Premier League.

Target men don't score lots of goals. Sidibe is the best possible target man we can hope to sign, wages will rule us out of moves for many other target men other than Caleb Folan.

Understand he is a 'target man', and on occasions I have seen him he has looked impressive at times. but regardless, 4 goals for any striker who plays 35 games in a season is quite unimpresssive.

Our last target man grabbed us 10.

Can you name me five target men in the Championship, who have scored more than 10 goals consecutively in a season?

Get what your saying, but at least 10 is a landmark so to speak. 4 is well, 4. Bradders/McCoombe have scored 4+ in previous seasons from defence.

Get what your saying, but at least 10 is a landmark so to speak. 4 is well, 4. Bradders/McCoombe have scored 4+ in previous seasons from defence.

I know but with somebody like Sidibe as Bristol Mick was saying offers a lot more to the team overall, like defending from set pieces, tracking back and he doesn't stop working.

I know but with somebody like Sidibe as Bristol Mick was saying, he offers a lot more to the team overall.

Not disagreeing with that. I dont know enough about him to say he's a bad player. But surely you would agree 4 is a pretty poor tally for a front man, regardless of what else he offers the team.

Not disagreeing with that. I dont know enough about him to say he's a bad player. But surely you would agree 4 is a pretty poor tally for a front man, regardless of what else he offers the team.

I agree it's poor, but we will be relying on Maynard to score all the goals for us this season.

I agree it's poor, but we will be relying on Maynard to score all the goals for us this season.

Very true, tis a big season for the lad.

To be honest, cant see anyone other than Haynes and Clarkson topping 5 goals this season.

Very true, tis a big season for the lad.

To be honest, cant see anyone other than Haynes and Clarkson topping 5 goals this season.

I agree. Haynes I think will get around 10 goals, whilst Clarkson will get around 8. I'd have thought if Maynard gets say 15/16 goals then we will be on course for an assault on promotion.

Woah woah woah

everyone has been lauding the departure of adebola and the hopeful return to passing football and now you want Sidibe in?

Surely they are almost identical players no, other than adebola carries a greater scroring threat.

I though everyone wanted to see a brooker style target man in, whos good on the deck, strong with back, scores goals and links play up. Now after one bad league result we suddenly want to return to the 6ft 3 battering ram?????????

Blimey if thats the case we should have just kept dele.

Velika was the kind of target man we were looking for, not just a man mountain, a good footballer with a decent scoring record, good strength and a decent size. Thats the kind of player we should look for now.

No saying it will be easy but thats what we need. And looking at that list the one player who actually does meet the bill is marlon king. Granted though he is a tw*t who allegedly punched women and definitely steals stero equipment, plus he wouldnt look at us twice as he still thinks hes the man. So with that attitude we wouldnt want him anyway.

I think we may have to look further afield, risky (styvar) but necessary

Had a look at who might be surplus/available to loan after recent transfer activity...

STOKE - Mamady Sidibie

VILLA - Marlon Harewood

BIRMINGHAM - Marcus Bent

EVERTON - Victor Anichebe

HULL - Caleb Folan

WIGAN - Marlon King

Average weekly salary of the players listed above is around £20,000 (about twice what we weren't prepared to offer Dele). None of them is coming to AG this side of Hell freezing over.

Woah woah woah

everyone has been lauding the departure of adebola and the hopeful return to passing football and now you want Sidibe in?

Surely they are almost identical players no, other than adebola carries a greater scroring threat.

I though everyone wanted to see a brooker style target man in, whos good on the deck, strong with back, scores goals and links play up. Now after one bad league result we suddenly want to return to the 6ft 3 battering ram?????????

Blimey if thats the case we should have just kept dele.

Velika was the kind of target man we were looking for, not just a man mountain, a good footballer with a decent scoring record, good strength and a decent size. Thats the kind of player we should look for now.

No saying it will be easy but thats what we need. And looking at that list the one player who actually does meet the bill is marlon king. Granted though he is a tw*t who allegedly punched women and definitely steals stero equipment, plus he wouldnt look at us twice as he still thinks hes the man. So with that attitude we wouldnt want him anyway.

I think we may have to look further afield, risky (styvar) but necessary

When McCombe is in the first team it is inevitable that we will play the long balls, which is why we need someone like Sidibe.

Average weekly salary of the players listed above is around £20,000 (about twice what we weren't prepared to offer Dele). None of them is coming to AG this side of Hell freezing over.

No way on this Earth is Sidibe on 20,000 per week, that's absolute rubbish.

Steve Howard

Rob Hulse

Darius Henderson

Jon Stead

Dele Adebola

Chris Iwelumo

Rory Fallon

CR

Rory Fallon? Don't make me laugh he doesn't play that often for them anymore. Jon Stead doesn't play regular football for Sheffield so he won't, Iwelumo plays for Wolves and Henderson is far too injury prone. Rob Hulse and Adebola are the only two there, that could score over 10 goals.

Archived