IGNORED

Realistic "target Men" In The Prem

eric04

A name not mentioned so far Craig Beattie at West Brom. Think we have dipped out as he's gone out on loan today, the other that I mentioned yesterday is Jay Simpson from Arsenal, also gone to one of our rivals in the last couple of days,either I think would of been good

A name not mentioned so far Craig Beattie at West Brom. Think we have dipped out as he's gone out on loan today, the other that I mentioned yesterday is Jay Simpson from Arsenal, also gone to one of our rivals in the last couple of days,either I think would of been good

He's signed at Swansea for a fee of 800,000.

Rory Fallon? Don't make me laugh he doesn't play that often for them anymore. Jon Stead doesn't play regular football for Sheffield so he won't, Iwelumo plays for Wolves and Henderson is far too injury prone. Rob Hulse and Adebola are the only two there, that could score over 10 goals.

I thought Stead was at Ipswich and Keane has just made him available for transfer?

Gary Johnson is looking for a target man otherwise he wouldn't have Pericard on trial.

Sidibe is not going to be it though because he will cost too much in fees and wages and is unlikely to step down from the Prem.

If we had the money to afford that we would not be looking at hand me downs like Pericard.

Sidibe is also a different player to the one we need to replace (Velicka), he is a one dimensional lump not a goal scoring strong centre forward.

Sidibe is not going to be it though because he will cost too much in fees and wages and is unlikely to step down from the Prem.

If we had the money to afford that we would not be looking at hand me downs like Pericard.

Sidibe is also a different player to the one we need to replace (Velicka), he is a one dimensional lump not a goal scoring strong centre forward.

This is where you're wrong. Sidibe is very useful to have and his wages would not be 20,000, If you think we can get a goal scoring centre forward at this level then Johnson will have too spend at least 3m. Maynard needs a foil to help him realize his potential this season and get around 15/16 goals. I'd have thought Johnson woudn't be too fussy about the target man scoring lots of goals; I think it'll just be a case of how much he will help Maynard up top.

This is where you're wrong, Sidibe is very useful to have his wages would not be 20,000. If you think we can get a goal scoring centre forward at this level then Johnson will have too spend at least 3m. Maynard needs a foil to help him realize his potential this season and get around 15/16 goals. I'd have though Johnson won't be too fussy about the target man scoring lots of goals; I think it'll just be a case of how much he will help Maynard up top.

Oh dear... Sidibe will cost a 7 figure fee because he's scored goals in the Prem, would want over 10k a week which we won't be prepared to pay and he is very one dimensional. He is a completely unrealisic suggestion.

Maynard does not need another Adebola to provide him with random flick ons, he didn't exactly thrive on having a foil like that last season and is already doing better with the ball on the floor even with our current lack of width.

ohnson would probably sign anyone over 6ft 4 at this point but it would be a mistake again.

Oh dear... Sidibe will cost a 7 figure fee because he's scored goals in the Prem, would want over 10k a week which we won't be prepared to pay and he is very one dimensional. He is a completely unrealisic suggestion.

Oh dear Nibor you've clearly not seen him play then as I have. His wages will be less than Adebola's, who is apparently on 15k per week he has scored goals in the Prem as you say but very few to sufficiently bump up his price tag. I'd say the very maximum Sidibe would cost us is around 1.5m although that's doubtful as he won't be playing many games for Stoke this season.

and he is very one dimensional. He is a completely unrealisic suggestion.

My cousin's friend is a season ticket holder at Stoke, and he says Sidibe likes it on the deck just as much as he does in the air. Rewind back two seasons ago when he scored that fantastic finish past Basso, this is what he's capable of with the ball at his feet I've been told.

When McCombe is in the first team it is inevitable that we will play the long balls, which is why we need someone like Sidibe.

Maybe if the midfield held more responsibility for the distribution of the ball, instead of just rolling it back to McCombe, we wouldnt play the long ball all the time!

Oh dear Nibor you've clearly not seen him play then as I have. His wages will be less than Adebola's, who is apparently on 15k per week he has scored goals in the Prem as you say but very few to sufficiently bump up his price tag. I'd say the very maximum Sidibe would cost us is around 1.5m although that's doubtful as he won't be playing many games for Stoke this season.

I've seen him play and he had a very good game against us but that was rare, he is a one dimensional target man.

£1.5m is about £1.5m out of our price range and he will definitely be on 10k a week plus which is more than we can pay, and he will want a pay RISE to step down.

There is no way we could sign him and I am glad because we would be paying premium prices for the wrong sort of player andwe'd end up playing gash hoofball like last season.

£1.5m is about £1.5m out of our price range and he will definitely be on 10k a week plus which is more than we can pay, and he will want a pay RISE to step down.

I've also been told he is on 7k per week. We could get someone like him on loan for sure as Stoke have signed a few more players this season, so he will be further down the pecking order.

Maybe if the midfield held more responsibility for the distribution of the ball, instead of just rolling it back to McCombe, we wouldnt play the long ball all the time!

This is why I've stated when McCombe is playing we will need this option.

Guest ashtonyate
I've seen him play and he had a very good game against us but that was rare, he is a one dimensional target man.

There is no way we could sign him and I am glad because we would be paying premium prices for the wrong sort of player andwe'd end up playing gash hoofball like last season.

I general agree with a lot of what you say but I think you are wrong we need to have the option of a big man up front to change tactic if we don't have someone who is that type of player you become too predictably.

As for buying players sometimes the dearest option works out the cheapest in the long run,if we are to progress we can't keep make do with second rate players.

I general agree with a lot of what you say but I think you are wrong we need to have the option of a big man up front to change tactic if we don't have someone who is that type of player you become too predictably.

As for buying players sometimes the dearest option works out the cheapest in the long run,if we are to progress we can't keep make do with second rate players.

Agreed. I've said that we won't need the target man all the time but times where we are going into the last 15 minutes of a match say the score is 0-0, he would be a different option that could potentially win us the game.

Archived