IGNORED

Can We Get Anything From Todays Game?

Danny P

Does anyone think we can get anything from todays game after a woeful performance against baadiff and an even worse one against league one opposition? GJ says boro are the best side in the championship so can anyone see past a heavy home defeat?

Does anyone think we can get anything from todays game after a woeful performance against baadiff and an even worse one against league one opposition? GJ says boro are the best side in the championship so can anyhone see past a heavy home defeat?

Funny Gary saying that prior to us playing them! Getting his excuses in early maybe?

To answer your question , yes we could get something because we have players capable of doing it when set up in the correct style and formation- hence why we'll probably be handsomely defeated.

Funny Gary saying that prior to us playing them! Getting his excuses in early maybe?

To answer your question , yes we could get something because we have players capable of doing it when set up in the correct style and formation- hence why we'll probably be handsomely defeated.

That's the spirit Seend.

I actually have a feeling we will get something from the game, the players will be fired up and desperate to show they are better than the last two performances.

Hopefully Hartley, Maynard, Clarkson & Orr are back.

Middlesbrough have a huge "missing" list either through transfer or injuries and if there ever is a good time to play them it is today. Surely our boys will be fired right up for this one and the quality players that we do have will be surely returning to the team. The players do owe us one, whatever any "blind faither" thinks, after the disgraceful (and that's exactly what it was) performance on Wednesday. I'm hopeful and confident that we will get a performance today as long as the players are not asked to play some pie in the sky made up system that they simply don't understand.

Over to you GJ.

It all depends if Johnsons 'angry' tactics have worked since Wednesday. If the players do respond and are motivated then City are capable of not losing the game.

Boro have also lost Huth and Tuncay to the PL and so aren't quite as strong as befeore.

After the last two poor performances I think most of us would be happy with not losing.

I fancy a draw but I'm not prepared to bet on it.

It all depends if Johnsons 'angry' tactics have worked since Wednesday. If the players do respond and are motivated then City are capable of not losing the game.

Boro have also lost Huth and Tuncay to the PL and so aren't quite as strong as befeore.

After the last two poor performances I think most of us would be happy with not losing.

I envisage us scoring the first goal and then attempting to cling on for the rest of the game!

Not sure what the final scoreline will be, but once we've got that goal it'll be all backs to the wall type of stuff.

That's the spirit Seend.

I actually have a feeling we will get something from the game, the players will be fired up and desperate to show they are better than the last two performances.

Hopefully Hartley, Maynard, Clarkson & Orr are back.

They should have been fired up against the taffs then everyone says 'oh they will batter carlisle' to show what they can do! What makes you think they will be more fired up against boro than the taffs? More blind faith, i love city but we still like that long ball with no target man yes maynard and haynes are quick but that ball over the top needs to be perfect and not overdone because teams will be ready for it, just dont think we have what it takes to win today, a point would be a brilliant result after the last week but its a tough ask imo!

I agree. If Johnson tampers with the team when or if we go 1 nil up, then I can see Middlesborough coming back into it and winning 3-1.

This is a Boro team that have been relegated from the prem, a couple of years ago we thought we could beat them

in the cup and nearly did.

Are we now that bad that we have no chance?

They are joint - top and will be fancying their chances of taking three points against us. Our recent results suggest we don't have much of a chance against them, considering the statistics as Middlesborough have scored the most goals away from home.

Good post.The danger is that the 'angry' tactics can backfire, like **** Brown's half-time humiliation for the Hull players vs Man City.

It's a risk,and patently didn't work for Hull who dropped like a tonne of lead after that. Hopefully that won't be the case.

I suspect a draw might be a good result.

They are joint - top and will be fancying their chances of taking three points against us. Our recent results suggest we don't have much of a chance against them, considering the statistics as Middlesborough have scored the most goals away from home.

No point looking at statistics at this stage of the season otherwise you could say we have one of the meanist home defences in the league having not conceded a goal yet. If we beat them we will be level with them

No point looking at statistics at this stage of the season otherwise you could say we have one of the meanist home defences in the league having not conceded a goal yet. If we beat them we will be level with them

Our defence has been very shakey recently. I'd have thought against Middlesborough that if our defence is shakey we won't be let off the hook, ending up in a 2 nil defeat.

This is a Boro team that have been relegated from the prem, a couple of years ago we thought we could beat them

in the cup and nearly did.

Are we now that bad that we have no chance?

:englandsmile4wf: No we r'e not that bad normally.With the fans behind them today as they always have and always will be,they need to to go hell for leather to get a good result.Then we can hold up our heads again with pride. :englandsmile4wf:

I dont think Boro are as good as people are making out.

Their victories have come against Swansea, S****horpe and Doncaster... Not teams expected to be up there. They were held to a 0-0 draw at home to Sheff Utd in which they could have played all night and not scored...and then they were beaten at Forest in the Carling Cup.

They have a lot of players out today....and if people have the ability to remember beyond our last couple of matches, they may remember that we are capable of playing some great football and scoring goals!!

I think we have a reasonable chance toeday!

Their victories have come against Swansea, S****horpe and Doncaster... Not teams expected to be up there. They were held to a 0-0 draw at home to Sheff Utd in which they could have played all night and not scored...and then they were beaten at Forest in the Carling Cup.

They have a lot of players out today....and if people have the ability to remember beyond our last couple of matches, they may remember that we are capable of playing some great football and scoring goals!!

I seem to remember the last time we played them at Ashton Gate the passed us off the park. However, the previous meeting between us was a lot more evenly matched.

in adam johnson they have possibly the best player in this league

Does anyone think we can get anything from todays game after a woeful performance against baadiff and an even worse one against league one opposition? GJ says boro are the best side in the championship so can anyone see past a heavy home defeat?

When nothing is expected is normally when we stand up and battle :fingerscrossed: we are City anything could happen; I`m not drunk but wouldnt be surprised if we took all the points or got battered.

Stand up B.C.F.C just do it; 1-0 to the City boys Maynard :city::englandsmile4wf:

When nothing is expected is normally when we stand up and battle :fingerscrossed: we are City anything could happen; I`m not drunk but wouldnt be surprised if we took all the points or got battered.

Stand up B.C.F.C just do it; 1-0 to the City boys Maynard :city::englandsmile4wf:

:bounce::yahoo::D

Archived