IGNORED

The End Of The World Is Nigh

Esmond Million's Bung

We're crap, Cardiff are brilliant, middlesboro will win 5-0, Johnson has lost the dressing room, Maynard is a waste of money, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.................

Just who is it you actually support?...deffo not Bristol City!!...oh ye of little faith.

:disapointed2se:

We're crap, Cardiff are brilliant, middlesboro will win 5-0, Johnson has lost the dressing room, Maynard is a waste of money, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.................

The last two performances were terrible which why i think alot of people were moaning. But to suggest GJ has lost the dressing room is nonesence.

This just shows all the above is alot of rubbish.

UUUUUUUUUUUU REDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :yahoo:

Look, let's cut the crap, we were absolute cock on Wednesday and everybody WHO WAS THERE knows it. Yes, we all know that one or two on here go OTT but the vast majority of the criticism that the players and management received was COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DESERVED.

Today, the players owed us a performance and boy did they give us one. Not a free flowing fest of football by any stretch of the imagination. But for all their collective faults EVERY SINGLE PLAYER with that red shirt on gave it absolutely everything today in the cause. And both the management team and the players get the full credit from the vast majority of people on here for giving us that - that's all we can ask. I would be surprised if Middlesbrough lose more than eight league games this season and the fact that one of them was today does us great credit. A fantastic day for the club and particularly for the suffering 6,000 above all else who had to endure that garbage on Wednesday.

We turned over a side, today, who are very likely to finish top two in my opinion so rather than going for the pathetic points scoring "I told you so" posts lets just put extremely selfish one-upmanship to one side and enjoy the evening for what it is.

Look, let's cut the crap, we were absolute cock on Wednesday and everybody WHO WAS THERE knows it. Yes, we all know that one or two on here go OTT but the vast majority of the criticism that the players and management received was COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DESERVED.

Today, the players owed us a performance and boy did they give us one. Not a free flowing fest of football by any stretch of the imagination. But for all their collective faults EVERY SINGLE PLAYER with that red shirt on gave it absolutely everything today in the cause. And both the management team and the players get the full credit from the vast majority of people on here for giving us that - that's all we can ask. I would be surprised if Middlesbrough lose more than eight league games this season and the fact that one of them was today does us great credit. A fantastic day for the club and particularly for the suffering 6,000 above all else who had to endure that garbage on Wednesday.

We turned over a side, today, who are very likely to finish top two in my opinion so rather than going for the pathetic points scoring "I told you so" posts lets just put extremely selfish one-upmanship to one side and enjoy the evening for what it is.

It needed to be said and well done Greebs, you did. :clap:

Yep, you're right, we were appalling on wednesday. The criticism of that performance was justified, what wasn't was the complete doom and gloom about our whole season that appeared following two bad results. Just like we're not world beaters after a fantastic win today, we weren't relegation material after two poor results either.

A bit of perspective on all sides would help. What I would say is that 3 wins from 3 at home is mighty impressive, even more so because all three were the sort of games we probably would have drawn last year. Great (yes, great) start to the season which we must now look to build on.

Yep, you're right, we were appalling on wednesday. The criticism of that performance was justified, what wasn't was the complete doom and gloom about our whole season that appeared following two bad results. Just like we're not world beaters after a fantastic win today, we weren't relegation material after two poor results either.

A bit of perspective on all sides would help. What I would say is that 3 wins from 3 at home is mighty impressive, even more so because all three were the sort of games we probably would have drawn last year. Great (yes, great) start to the season which we must now look to build on.

I don't disagree with any of that. As far as I am concerned we got two bonus points today. A draw would have been a good result and we did better. Can't complain at that and, in fact, we should all praise GJ, KM and the lads whatever our opinions were at around 10pm on Wednesday night!!!

Well as you are obviously A REAL FAN, perhaps you would be kind enough to educate the lesser fan on the correct procedure codes on supporting BCFC, only when you can spare the time of course.

:noexpression:

Just having a bit of fun... that was the intended implication of the smilies used...

:fastasleep:

But a quick tip... support the lads through thick and thin, not just when you feel like it ;)

Just having a bit of fun... that was the intended implication of the smilies used...

But a quick tip... support the lads through thick and thin, not just when you feel like it ;)

Just one point....the fans that criticised Wednesday's performance were only agreeing with what the manager and his assistant said publicaly. I pay my money and makes me choice, but I think, especially those of us that went to Cardiff and against Carlisle were owed that performance today.

Today's result was achieved becuase of the total work ethic and commitment that bridged a divide in ability, the players take full credit for that. The downside was the way we gave the ball away aimlessly at times, but nobody could or should criticise the players efforts.

Personaly I took a lot from John Akindes performance and the brilliance of Maynard, who displayed premier league finishing. Give the guy some service to feet and we may well have the 20 + goal we have desperately needed.

Certianly gives a massive confidence boost, from a fantastic team work rate.

Just one point....the fans that criticised Wednesday's performance were only agreeing with what the manager and his assistant said publicaly. I pay my money and makes me choice, but I think, especially those of us that went to Cardiff and against Carlisle were owed that performance today.

Today's result was achieved becuase of the total work ethic and commitment that bridged a divide in ability, the players take full credit for that. The downside was the way we gave the ball away aimlessly at times, but nobody could or should criticise the players efforts.

Personaly I took a lot from John Akindes performance and the brilliance of Maynard, who displayed premier league finishing. Give the guy some service to feet and we may well have the 20 + goal we have desperately needed.

Certianly gives a massive confidence boost, from a fantastic team work rate.

yes, but it's not always rainbows and butterflies, isit?

If some of the players had the mentality that some of us do, then after a few losses they'd consider whether they want to stay in football or not!

You can't just drift in and out of supporting a football club when you feel like it, or you can't call yourself a fan by any means, some of the comments on here Wednesday night were quite depressing to read, yes they played very badly, but they paid the price and realised what they did wrong, and put in a performance like that today.

I'd take a crap performance in a cup we most probably wouldn't win anyway, then win against one of the strongest sides in the league everyday of the week

Well i cant speak for others but i have been supporting city since 1958, my first game Bristol city 3-Cardiff city 2, now i can honestly say that i have never boo'd city in my life, but after listening to the game, reading the reports, first hand account from a mate who was there and my own reactions while sat at home, wed night could have been a first for me had i been there, you see the prob is tanzs we are made of flesh and blood and subject to many emotions, especially at football, especially when you care about something very deeply, some handle their emotions better than others, some who did not boo on wed might have vented their feelings on the forum and i have no doubt those same people were shouting and screaming their support today, football is like a bloody seesaw, i try to sit in the middle now to avoid the highs and lows but i can still see the two ends of it, would we want it any other way :dancing2:

yes, but it's not always rainbows and butterflies, isit?

If some of the players had the mentality that some of us do, then after a few losses they'd consider whether they want to stay in football or not!

You can't just drift in and out of supporting a football club when you feel like it, or you can't call yourself a fan by any means, some of the comments on here Wednesday night were quite depressing to read, yes they played very badly, but they paid the price and realised what they did wrong, and put in a performance like that today.

I'd take a crap performance in a cup we most probably wouldn't win anyway, then win against one of the strongest sides in the league everyday of the week

I don't know if that was a generalisation....the only thing thats drifted over the years is the cash from my bank balance following the City and 99 times out of a 100 its been worth it. I think what a few of you need to remember is, that I can almost guarantee the paint was peeling off the walls in the City dressing room after Wednesday's performance no doubt Gary Johnson told several of the players, exactly what he thought....on your logic does that mean he no longer rates them as players, of course not, he said what he felt needed to be said. Pretty much its the same on here, I'm sure there are a few extremists but in the main people express disspointment and what they believe could be better.

As I've posted above the work rate was excellant and that is what most fans want to see, effort and a bit of pride, give that and most will say well done...I certainly will. I don't want to be negitive but we do need to retain the ball better, but I also have to be fair we wont see many better teams than Boro at the gate and the two goals Maynard scored were fit to win any game.

Well i cant speak for others but i have been supporting city since 1958, my first game Bristol city 3-Cardiff city 2, now i can honestly say that i have never boo'd city in my life, but after listening to the game, reading the reports, first hand account from a mate who was there and my own reactions while sat at home, wed night could have been a first for me had i been there, you see the prob is tanzs we are made of flesh and blood and subject to many emotions, especially at football, especially when you care about something very deeply, some handle their emotions better than others, some who did not boo on wed might have vented their feelings on the forum and i have no doubt those same people were shouting and screaming their support today, football is like a bloody seesaw, i try to sit in the middle now to avoid the highs and lows but i can still see the two ends of it, would we want it any other way :dancing2:

Good post and agreed.

Of course the game is a seesaw! I get wound up quicker than anyone! i'll scream at players, the ref and anyone who'll listen. Losing a big game can ruin my week, winning one can put me a good mood for months! I just don't understand the concept of booing them.

but that topic has been done to death now.

Agreed let's cut the crap, I don't disagree about the Cardiff & Carlisle performances, But come on FFS some of the content on here about 'GJ losing the dressing room', 'Middlesboro are going to put 5 past us' and others are knee jerk reactions after 5 games, We may not be playing well but we are in a good position already a 100% home record (14 unbeaten at home) and that allied with bedding in new players and a new system, Some of the vitriol on here against GJ was beyond belief.

As for "pathetic points scoring, I told you so posts", That's a direct tongue in cheek response to another poster who glories in that type of response.

Today was my first game this season for one reason or another and I thought it was a very spirited performance. For all the talk of dressing room unrest there were some very strong challenges and a good work rate - maybe started by Haynes clattering their right back.

We've now played 5 league games and have 10pts and a goal difference of 0, sound familiar? If a team picks up an average of 2pts a game 9 times out of 10 they'll win the league with 92pts. I'm not saying will win the league just that we've had a great start despite losing to Cardiff. Leading into the last 2 games I think we would have all settled for 2pts instead we've got 3 and the fans were even able to have a good old moan.

Keep up the good work lads!

Archived