IGNORED

Great Result ................but

Onthefence

A brilliant result today, sounds as if we just about deserved the win too. I can see us having another good year, especially after the promising start. Ok so we were poor against Cardiff and shambolic against Carlisle, but perhaps that was no bad thing. We have points on the table, just 1 point off the top unless Newcastle do the business. Its a good position to be in and confidence will spread if we keep this up - especially as Maynard now seems to be the 'fox in the box' that GJ bought him to be.

My one concern is that we never seem to win 'easy' and put 3 or 4 goals past teams when we win. As a result our goal difference never seems to reflect our table position. It would be great to see us bury someone in the next couple of weeks - lets hope we go all out against Coventry and try to maintain the momentum.

A brilliant result today, sounds as if we just about deserved the win too. I can see us having another good year, especially after the promising start. Ok so we were poor against Cardiff and shambolic against Carlisle, but perhaps that was no bad thing. We have points on the table, just 1 point off the top unless Newcastle do the business. Its a good position to be in and confidence will spread if we keep this up - especially as Maynard now seems to be the 'fox in the box' that GJ bought him to be.

My one concern is that we never seem to win 'easy' and put 3 or 4 goals past teams when we win. As a result our goal difference never seems to reflect our table position. It would be great to see us bury someone in the next couple of weeks - lets hope we go all out against Coventry and try to maintain the momentum.

It's the first game I've been to this season and it was fantastic. My critiscism of McCombe is taken back after this; he played an absolute blinder today fair play to him. Maynard is on course for 15/16 goals, he looked incredible and showed real predatory finishing. Marvin Elliott was superb today along with Skusey who was also fantastic, he played some incisive passes with excellent commitment culminating in a superb performance.

Marvin Elliott was superb today

:noexpression:

Fantastic result and very entertaining game!

Hartley's assist for the winner was magnificent and it was similar to Beckham's pinpoint balls over the top for Owen in England shirts.

However, Elliott was below par at best, and generally a passenger! Granted a few strong tackles as you'd expect, he certainly wasn't 'superb' though IMO.

Hartley's assist for the winner was magnificent and it was similar to Beckham's pinpoint balls over the top for Owen in England shirts.

However, Elliott was below par at best, and generally a passenger! Granted a few strong tackles as you'd expect, he certainly wasn't 'superb' though IMO.

This was my first game today and he tackled everything that moved, culminating in a solid midfield tussle.

How about Great Result.....full stop

I'm with you - i'd love City to win games by 3 or 4, but i'm realistic and against ex-Premier League sides I know that winning by a bag full is unlikely. I'll take todays result anytime and leave it there - no buts for me. I thought we were brilliant today and showed that we have the ability to continue to push for more goals right up to the end. Ok so we could improve in some areas but the result showed the kind of attitude Gary is trying to encourage after the last week and as a City fan i solute the players tenacious attitudes.

City could have played for the draw an moaned afterwards about the dodgy penalty deceision but they kept battling, beating Boro will only boost the confidence for the players and hopefully the goals will come - we're up to 5th, time to celebrate me thinks. :clapping:

As a result our goal difference never seems to reflect our table position.

I know what you mean, two seasons ago City finished 4th despite only having just plus 1 goal diff. Earlier today Stoke were third in the Prem with minus 1 goal diff! so it's not just us.

Just looked back in the tables and position doesn't always reflect goal diff; 90-91 City were 5th with minus 3 and in the 78-79 season (our best finish in Div 1) City were 13th with minus 4 whilst Spurs were 11th with a minus 13 gial diff and Man U were 9th with minus 3.

Got to agree, he wasn't good today to many missed passes, he has been playing well though up to now.

Skusey on the other hand has been excellent so far IMO, hes also been playing out of position alot of the time but when played in midfield hes our best player other than Maynard of course.

How about Great Result.....full stop

I'm with you - i'd love City to win games by 3 or 4, but i'm realistic and against ex-Premier League sides I know that winning by a bag full is unlikely. I'll take todays result anytime and leave it there - no buts for me. I thought we were brilliant today and showed that we have the ability to continue to push for more goals right up to the end. Ok so we could improve in some areas but the result showed the kind of attitude Gary is trying to encourage after the last week and as a City fan i solute the players tenacious attitudes.

City could have played for the draw an moaned afterwards about the dodgy penalty deceision but they kept battling, beating Boro will only boost the confidence for the players and hopefully the goals will come - we're up to 5th, time to celebrate me thinks. :clapping:

I'd like to think that if we can replicate today's performance, we will have a fantastic chance of achieving a top 6 finish.

Elliott was top notch today no doubts. One of our best players on the pitch! McCombe is still shakey in possesion and his hoofing annoys me no end but as a defender he was awesome today.We really need to get the ball down and start passing it as we have Maynard up top and Hartley and Elliott in the midfield who are too good to be missed out by having the ball hoofed over their heads.

Elliott was top notch today no doubts. One of our best players on the pitch! McCombe is still shakey in possesion and his hoofing annoys me no end but as a defender he was awesome today.We really need to get the ball down and start passing it as we have Maynard up top and Hartley and Elliott in the midfield who are too good to be missed out by having the ball hoofed over their heads.

I've criticized McCombe in the past but today he was simply brilliant. Of course he still has his shaky moments but he dealt with a very pacy forward today in Lita, and kept him in his back pocket for most of the game winning countless headers to help the team as well.

Archived