IGNORED

Adriano Basso

REDOXO

Summary

Redoxo Who was sitting in the disabled`area in front of the Dolman.

AB Warming up with the players at HT

Redoxo; Adriano when are you going to sign a contract (AB walks over)

AB; I have a contract. My contract still has one year to run.

Redoxo; So whats going on

AB; They want me to sign an extension in order to increase my value

AB Goes on; People say I have asked for more money this is not right. The club speaks to the paper and I am not allowed so people think this is all about me being greedy. It is not fair what is being said and i cant speak.

Redoxo; We (the supporters) want you to stay good luck.

AB and Redoxo shake hands.

Im not sure if any of this adds any further insite into The AB/BCFC/GJ affair as I have hardly read anything in any of the threads or in the newspapers about it, however the guy firmly and very obviously feels a little hard done by at the moment, I suspect with the right handling he would sign an extension and apparently is seriously concerned about his treatment.

I'm not sure how long this post will last on the board and if I have misquoted/misconstrued Adriano in anyway I appologise in advance

Summary

AB Goes on; People say I have asked for more money this is not right. The club speaks to the paper and I am not allowed so people think this is all about me being greedy. It is not fair what is being said and i cant speak.

Im not sure if any of this adds any further insite into The AB/BCFC/GJ affair as I have hardly read anything in any of the threads or in the newspapers about it, however the guy firmly and very obviously feels a little hard done by at the moment, I suspect with the right handling he would sign an extension and apparently is seriously concerned about his treatment.

I'm not sure how long this post will last on the board and if I have misquoted/misconstrued Adriano in anyway I appologise in advance

an interesting post, but surely key is that Gerken's been quality, and looks to me a etter keeper than Basso. Henderson won't be a bad option in case Gerken gets injured. I'm not especially fussed about Basso to be honest - the initial anger with him has gone, think it's a shame that what's happened has happened, but it's not weakened the team in the slightest.

I'd like to repeat what I said in a different thread, here is more appropriate:

.... for some reason I was looking at Basso after their penalty was given. He was up out of the dugout, shouting with arms waving ... to be honest he looked just like a City fan and clearly had plenty of passion there. I wish he could sort his situation out although obviously I would now have him as #2 to Gerken.

I'd like to repeat what I said in a different thread, here is more appropriate:

.... for some reason I was looking at Basso after their penalty was given. He was up out of the dugout, shouting with arms waving ... to be honest he looked just like a City fan and clearly had plenty of passion there. I wish he could sort his situation out although obviously I would now have him as #2 to Gerken.

At Preston when GJ had a word with the ref after the game Basso was in there showing passion for our club and also dragging GJ away from the situation.

I do feel sorry for him in a way, his view on the goings on havn't been discovered so we only hear rumours and quotes from the club itself.

Guest bigcheese

You cant blame basso for wanting to move up the food chain so to speak, he aint getting any younger. Last chance saloon kinda thing.

The only negative point is that he waited so long to let his feelings known.

Gerken is brilliant but still loving Basso..

Summary

This whole saga could be cleared up and put to bed, if he was allowed to speak :shutup: and give his version. :disapointed2se: aint gonna happen

Summary

He didn't say why he'd put in a written transfer request then?

Summary

I overheard this conversation andBasso also said several times "I have a contract". Obviously disgruntled at not playing. The two most obvious aspects of his response to Redoxo was any lack of feeling that he wanted to stay and his real feeling of being got at by the club: he kept saying 'they'.

You have to say that Basso's idea that the club want him to sign the contract extension would be to 'get more money for me' is totally misguided. If BCFC want him to sign a contract it's because they want him at the club. If another club wanted him they would have come in for him by now.

Got no feeling that Basso wants to build bridges.

He is right, he does have a contract, and if he wants to keep his options open before re-signing who can blame him. As for the transfer request, we don't know exactly what prompted that - Was it suggested that he might be number 2 if he does not sign? He has been a good keeper for City, a great character, very popular, always given 100%, sounds a pretty decent guy - I just hope it gets sorted one way or another.

Summary

The only flaw with his explanation is, He put in a written transfer request.

You cant blame basso for wanting to move up the food chain so to speak, he aint getting any younger. Last chance saloon kinda thing.

But you can blame him for putting in a written transfer request, When it appears nobody higher up that 'food chain' appears to want, it's called delusions of grandeur.

Interesting, and it underlines that Basso did not change from a nice guy to evil personified when he handed in his transfer request.

The fact remains however that he did. Maybe he should explain his reasons for it or, if there are no reasons, withdraw it.

I actually agree with you.

However he is at a club where he is idolised by the fans and where he makes a good living and there was an offer to make him the highest paid player at the club (probably in history) his agent advised him to sign and he did'nt and he then puts in a written transfer request, So nice guy yes, Silly guy ????????????????????????????

The point is...City wanted him to be first choice keeper this season but obviously needed him to sign a contract extension otherwise he could walk away for nothing next summer. Originally they did not want him to sign a new contract simply to "increase his value."

The other point is...Bas has asked for a transfer. He could be in the team now if he had not done that and sat tight on his current contract, saying he would consider his future around January - as Orr did last season.

I think he will stay.

Guest churchill gaffer
Summary

It clearly tells me

He wants to see his contract out

So then he can go on a Bosman

By this he will get one hell of a signing on fee!

This is why the Bosman rule is so wrong! :disapointed2se:

He is being greedy, when you think what this club has done for him

He has been offered the biggest wages at this club

GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY :disapointed2se: He is such an ambasador to God :innocent06::disapointed2se:

It clearly tells me

He wants to see his contract out

So then he can go on a Bosman

By this he will get one hell of a signing on fee!

This is why the Bosman rule is so wrong! :disapointed2se:

He is being greedy, when you think what this club has done for him

He has been offered the biggest wages at this club

GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY :disapointed2se: He is such a ambasador to God :innocent06::disapointed2se:

Did he run over your dog last week?

There is no need to bring his religion into it. If he chooses to honour the contract he has signed and then move to another club that's up to him.

Yes City did do him a favour but he returned it by the way he played.

How do you know he wants to "move up" ?

With all this Basso controversy concerning everyone on here it is just as well that the present custodian is putting in a performance every week at the moment then. I would go as far to say that in addition to Basso not being missed Gerken seems to be bringing a couple of things of his own to the party like getting off his line pronto to mop up behind the back four and coming out past the penalty spot to claim the odd cross when he can.

How do you know he wants to "move up" ?

He said, during our fantastic play off final season, that he wanted to play for Brazil in the World Cup, and the best way to do that was playing in the Premier League.

That's why he wants to move, in my opinion.

You're spot on.

I spoke to Basso myself recently.

The reason he is looking to move on is "ambition."

He simply wants to play at the highest level possible to help him acheive his ambition of playing for Brazil.

He knows age is against him and dosn't feel that the club match his ambition over the short term. Therefore he feels he has no option but to move on. It is not about money, if it was, he would have signed a new contract as the money offered was very ggod. It is about his ambition and we can't hold it against him for being ambitious.

NEVER LISTEN TO: the evening post or bcfc.co.uk

We met basso down park street and couldnt meet a nicer bloke. asked how hes doin in england and said he loves it in bristol. overall i reckon this whole saga surrounding his contract is played up.

And in all respect redoxo (cheers for the info post though mate) it is common knowledge (and said by none other than gj on bbc radio) that a written request was handed in by basso. how does he explain that one?

dont get me wrong, love the bloke, but why has he written that he wants to be put on transfer list if he loves our club so much. cant see him lasting in the long term.

You're spot on.

I spoke to Basso myself recently.

The reason he is looking to move on is "ambition."

He simply wants to play at the highest level possible to help him acheive his ambition of playing for Brazil.

He knows age is against him and dosn't feel that the club match his ambition over the short term. Therefore he feels he has no option but to move on. It is not about money, if it was, he would have signed a new contract as the money offered was very ggod. It is about his ambition and we can't hold it against him for being ambitious.

So if this all about 'ambition' / 'age', Why has he played russian roulette with his career and possibly his financial stability.

intelligent people would have at least before taking this drastic action (a written transfer request) actually made sure that a bigger club was interested in him.

So far not even an enquiry for him and in reality that means 3 possible outcomes:- 1) A Premier League club comes in before the window closes. 2) A lesser club takes him on or 3) He sits out the rest of his contract with us.

and that is where his actions are so totally flawed, Even if outcome 1 happens he is going to be bench warmer (unless there is an injury or total loss of form) and I can't see that helping his international ambitions in the slightest and at the end of the season he is another year older. Outcome 2 is totally at odds with the ambition theory and outcome 3 would mean (again unless there is an injury or total loss of form) a season on the bench or not if Henderson is preferred (once his injury heals) and another year on his age.

So I think he should have continued negotiations until those negotiations reached total deadlock (ala Orr) and during that time showed the Premier League how good he is and earned his move away during the next window.

Personally I think he has shot himself in the foot and the ambition / age theory does'nt make any sense at all.

NEVER LISTEN TO: the evening post or bcfc.co.uk

We met basso down park street and couldnt meet a nicer bloke. asked how hes doin in england and said he loves it in bristol. overall i reckon this whole saga surrounding his contract is played up.

And in all respect redoxo (cheers for the info post though mate) it is common knowledge (and said by none other than gj on bbc radio) that a written request was handed in by basso. how does he explain that one?

dont get me wrong, love the bloke, but why has he written that he wants to be put on transfer list if he loves our club so much. cant see him lasting in the long term.

Sometimes you have no option than to do things you dont want to. :mafia:

I dont want to get up and go to work tomorrow but I have no option. :(

He said, during our fantastic play off final season, that he wanted to play for Brazil in the World Cup, and the best way to do that was playing in the Premier League.

That's why he wants to move, in my opinion.

What you mean we`re not getting to the prem this season :doh:

an interesting post, but surely key is that Gerken's been quality, and looks to me a etter keeper than Basso. Henderson won't be a bad option in case Gerken gets injured. I'm not especially fussed about Basso to be honest - the initial anger with him has gone, think it's a shame that what's happened has happened, but it's not weakened the team in the slightest.

That is completely irrelevent. The subject is on the treatment of the player and what he is allowed to say not whether he is better than Gerkin.

Archived