IGNORED

Adriano Basso

REDOXO

Guest churchill gaffer
Did he run over your dog last week?

There is no need to bring his religion into it. If he chooses to honour the contract he has signed and then move to another club that's up to him.

Yes City did do him a favour but he returned it by the way he played.

He has been pushing reigion on us with his always pointing to the sky's

I personally hate all religion, all it causes is wars

It's IMO

I think he should act as he preaches

This club has done wonders for him, and he responds IMO like he has

The Chairman and Manager are disapointed with him. And I certainly understand why

I would like him to move on now and leave our club alone (Even though NOBODY wants him)

:disapointed2se:

Thanks for the post I stood in the Dolman at half time and observed this whole (very animated) conversation wanting to know what was being said.

This really doesnt change that much for me the point is the player cant commit his future to this club. Yes he still has 1 year to run on his contract but does it really matter what the reason is for him not signing or transfer request. If AB wanted to commit his future to BCFC he wouldnt be bothered about the club trying to up his value as it doesnt matter if he doesnt want to leave. I do however believe that this more a case of ambition rather than greed from AB and GJ is a very good business man and is clever the way he presents himself and the club. This aside I believe AB is as loyal to our club as you can expect an ambitious player to be and I also believe however clever GJ is at presenting himself and the club he does it in the best interest of the team.

He has been pushing reigion on us with his always pointing to the sky's

I personally hate all religion, all it causes is wars

It's IMO

I think he should act as he preaches

This club has done wonders for him, and he responds IMO like he has

The Chairman and Manager are disapointed with him. And I certainly understand why

I would like him to move on now and leave our club alone (Even though NOBODY wants him)

:disapointed2se:

If it suited the club to sell him they would. I didnt want him to do this but to imply he has gone against his religious beliefs is a little naive.

Guest churchill gaffer
If it suited the club to sell him they would. I didnt want him to do this but to imply he has gone against his religious beliefs is a little naive.

Your opionion / My opinion

And it will not change :disapointed2se:

The bottom line with the Basso affair is that like plenty of other players before him Basso stood up to Johnson and they had a major fall out.

'My way or the highway' springs to mind.

or 'the tail wagging the dog' springs to my mind................a la Wilson and the guy who followed him, I wonder who has had more success...........tough one that really...............but yeah let's return to the those 'good old days' unfit players, drinking culture, split dressing rooms, gutless performances, oh yes and of course the 1st division.................memories eh...........

As I've said before, we need to be very careful about believing everything we're told by the club. Don't ever forget that they have an agenda the same as anyone else.

I expect Basso has probably contributed to the problems he's got, but I doubt it's as black and white as some people seem to believe...

let's return to the those 'good old days' unfit players, drinking culture, split dressing rooms, gutless performances,

So you think Basso fits in to the above?

As the last poster says the club have an agenda to portray as good a picture as possible. Thats why Basso has been gagged. The club don't want his side of the story made public. That alone is enough for suspicions to raised.

As the last poster says the club have an agenda to portray as good a picture as possible. Thats why Basso has been gagged. The club don't want his side of the story made public. That alone is enough for suspicions to raised.

of course I don't think Basso fits any of the above, it was in response to yet another dig of yours at GJ and somehow wanting to go back to the bad old days where the players ran the club, I don't care about the rights and wrongs of the Basso story, The bottom line is the squad understand the the criteria re-contracts that GJ expects from his players and still against the advice of his agent he put in a written transfer request knowing full well what the outcome would be end of story.

if Basso is so good why is he still here?, I think unfortunately Basso's ego and unrealistic ambition has out grown his actual ability.

We have to believe that; AB wants to play for Brazil; (who wouldnt want to play for their country;)

but he put a transfer request in to join a prem club (without no interest from any of them)

this was decided on the spur of the moment just before the start of the season (unlikely)

there has been no falling out with GJ OR ANYONE ELSE :unsure:

He has this club still at heart; :yes: (judging by his reactions to incedents during and after recent games)

This no doubt will be locked down soon as other AB threads have as the clubs "agenda" cannot be comprimised and no-one can be bigger than the club. :(

I posted a thread on here explaining what happened with Johnson and Basso.

Guess what? it was deleted within an hour.

Yeah I know,saw it read it, and others here and elsewhere.

I posted a thread on here explaining what happened with Johnson and Basso.

Guess what? it was deleted within an hour.

I have now completed my long trek home AND HAVE NOW READ THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD WITH SOME INTEREST.

Robo I would also be extremely interested to read your original post and would also be grateful if you could PM it to me.

As I have already said up until now I haven't followed the saga especially closely but now having spoken to the man I wuld now be interested in knowing the sequence of events.

Things like when did Basso get offered an extension and when did he hand in a transfer request, as it would seem to me that the guy is implying that the club new there was outside interest (the club were interested in off loading a 34 year old) and were trying to force an extended contract through to keep his price high.

If that is the case then a transfer request would be the obvious 'knee jerk' response. Just a thought. Anyway Robbo if you could enlighten me I would be grateful.

Archived