IGNORED

Deutschland City

stortfordred

I missed this. Whats the story?

No story but took a German friend (Borussia Dortmund fan) to AG for first time against QPR. He was impressed. Then on saturday I saw this large flag being waved in Dolman. Might just seal his BCFC allegiance if he saw flag.

BTW love connections with foreign fans. Although I believe the Forza East End line may have been inspired by Del Nadja's 'Forza BCFC' shout on the first Massive Attack album sleeve.

No story but took a German friend (Borussia Dortmund fan) to AG for first time against QPR. He was impressed. Then on saturday I saw this large flag being waved in Dolman. Might just seal his BCFC allegiance if he saw flag.

BTW love connections with foreign fans. Although I believe the Forza East End line may have been inspired by Del Nadja's 'Forza BCFC' shout on the first Massive Attack album sleeve.

Except that it actually says "Forza Napoli" on the album sleeve, the album being Blue Lines.

Anyone got any piccies of the BCFC Borussia Dortmund flag unveiled in Lower Dolman on Sat?

A good mate of mine met a few Dortmund fans at the World cup in Germany and we go over there a few times a season and they come over here for a few games.

The flag has been taken to Germany (I believe) but I know a load of pics were taken in the pub before Saturdays game. I will see if I can get you a pic.

I did send a mail to Dave Lloyd to see if the club could do domething to help foster good relations between the two sets of fans on Saturday but unfortunately he didn't reply.

I understand the flag will be flying at the Westfalstadion in the future.

A good mate of mine met a few Dortmund fans at the World cup in Germany and we go over there a few times a season and they come over here for a few games.

The flag has been taken to Germany (I believe) but I know a load of pics were taken in the pub before Saturdays game. I will see if I can get you a pic.

I did send a mail to Dave Lloyd to see if the club could do domething to help foster good relations between the two sets of fans on Saturday but unfortunately he didn't reply.

I understand the flag will be flying at the Westfalstadion in the future.

I have a good mate who is a Hamburg supporter, I was actually over for their game against Dortmund this season. Was a cracking game, drinking in the stands and Hamburg winning 4-1.

Dortmund have good fans though, they took so many they were spilling over into the Hamburg section.

I was stood in with their Ultra's who make the EE seem tame. Although they could lighten up a bit...

5495_139321142505_507557505_3403988_3249305_n.jpg

I have a good mate who is a Hamburg supporter, I was actually over for their game against Dortmund this season. Was a cracking game, drinking in the stands and Hamburg winning 4-1.

Dortmund have good fans though, they took so many they were spilling over into the Hamburg section.

I was stood in with their Ultra's who make the EE seem tame. Although they could lighten up a bit...

Totally agree mate (been to Hamburg and St Pauli, right laugh). Dortmund RESERVES played Werder Bremen RESERVES in Bundes B a few weeks ago and Dortmund took over 8000 fans to an away game. Their support is simply incredible!

I would recommend any football fan to go on the South tribune, it is awesome.

• SC&T Board Members

Looks like you were up in the gods amongst 'The Chosen Few'!

BTW, there is another German link with City: the fan liaison officer (a mandatory, full-time post at all German clubs) at Arminia Bielefeld, Christian Venghaus, is a keen City fan and comes over 2-3 times every season for a game, usually dragging one or two mates over with him. 3 of them will be in Newcastle (and at the match, tickets pending!), so look out for his flag with 'German Reds' (I think) on it!

PS: All City fans are welcome in Bielefeld any time, by the way. You can count on Christian to make you welcome!

Totally agree mate (been to Hamburg and St Pauli, right laugh). Dortmund RESERVES played Werder Bremen RESERVES in Bundes B a few weeks ago and Dortmund took over 8000 fans to an away game. Their support is simply incredible!

I would recommend any football fan to go on the South tribune, it is awesome.

St Pauli fans are fantastic as well, was drinking with a few of them in Hamburg after the game and they know everything about football! When I told them I was a Bristol City fan they knew about Ashton Gate, Cider, Lee Trundle being poor for us etc.

Not been in their stadium yet but seen it from the outside.

They had developed 1 end when we went there (last season) but it was E38 to get in there. The rest of the ground is pretty poor by German standards and I believe they can't redevelop the other end because of the dirty great bomb proof building right behind it!

Cracking little club though and right next to the Rheaperbahn too, lovely!

They had developed 1 end when we went there (last season) but it was E38 to get in there. The rest of the ground is pretty poor by German standards and I believe they can't redevelop the other end because of the dirty great bomb proof building right behind it!

Cracking little club though and right next to the Rheaperbahn too, lovely!

I would be up for organising a group of City fans to go over sometime if anyone was interested.

I would be up for organising a group of City fans to go over sometime if anyone was interested.

Spot on mate! I've been down to St. Pauli several times from Copenhagen and it's always a great laugh.

I'd like to hear more from you about doing a trip over there.

Like you said, St. Pauli fans know so much about football, and ones I spoke to were well up for coming over to Ashton Gate for some games. I think making friendship ties with St. Pauli would be awesome for us.

:city::trumpet:

Was a Borussia Dortmund fan while serving in the RAF in Germany. Was a group of between 4 and 12 of us who did, mostly the then Division 2, 3 & 4 supporters Brighton, Bournemouth, Pompey, City, Crewe, Bradford & Barnsley. The only one who wasnt was a Saints fan.

The Dortmund fans were impressed we came to watch them and always made us welcome This was in the early 80's when English football violence was pretty bad, and was virtually unheard of out there then, unless Schalke 04 were playing. and their DAB is rather good bier too. Borussia Monchen Gladbach, Armenia Bielefeld and Hannover were the other teams with quite a few British fans, near large Army garrisons or several RAF Bases

Great ground, best ground I went to in the then West Germany, great fans.. all for a link up with them. they get 60,000 to 70,000 for most home games, and they are 90% ordinary working class fellas supporting

Hi mates,

I am the BVB fan (and Bristol City fan as well) and really very proud of my fantastic friends from Bristol producing such a great present for me. Many, many thanks again to the Smallman familiy and friends!!!

This flag will be flying in the South-West Corner of Dortmund's Westfalenstadium...

Cheers again!!!

I served at RAF Gutersloh 1982 - 85 and the nearest team was Arminia Bielefeld. Back then they fluctuated between the top two divisions. As a consequence only the lower third of terracing and seats were permanent. The rest was mainly wooden and could be added to increase capacity when in the top div and removed following relegation.

One week for some reason there were no Bundeliga fixtures, so Bielefeld played a friendly in East Germany. Our local TV station had a brief report and one of the fans was asked his opinion of East German football. His reply translated as "The beer is cheap".

One of the guys from my section started playing for a local team in Gutersloh. It was only a bunch of amateurs playing locally, but they still expected him to attend training FOUR times a week.

I served at RAF Gutersloh 1982 - 85 and the nearest team was Arminia Bielefeld. Back then they fluctuated between the top two divisions. As a consequence only the lower third of terracing and seats were permanent. The rest was mainly wooden and could be added to increase capacity when in the top div and removed following relegation.

One week for some reason there were no Bundeliga fixtures, so Bielefeld played a friendly in East Germany. Our local TV station had a brief report and one of the fans was asked his opinion of East German football. His reply translated as "The beer is cheap".

One of the guys from my section started playing for a local team in Gutersloh. It was only a bunch of amateurs playing locally, but they still expected him to attend training FOUR times a week.

You went there after I left, what trade were ya, was a stacker meself. you mate play for TSV Gutersloh I take it?

Shoulda gone to Dortmund 1 hour away, and a brilliant city, had BVB, at the Westfalenstadion, and 3 brilliant concert halls Westfalenhalles 1, 2 & 3, where pretty much any band you can think of played: Pink Floyd, Zep on their last tour Dire Straits, any number of metal bands, Fleetwood Mac n all. musta spent half of me weekends not on deployments in that fair city.

Nice to hear of link ups with fans from the Bundesliga! I used to go out with a girl from the Ruhr district - so would go in my City shirt to watch VFL Bochum. Saw them play Shalke, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borrusia Monchengladbach and Dortmund. The Bochum v. Dortmund derby match is a sight to behold. Awesome.

The best thing about the Bundesliga is it's openess - unlike the top 4 in the prem here, any number of teams can get into europe or win the title.

Nice to hear of link ups with fans from the Bundesliga! I used to go out with a girl from the Ruhr district - so would go in my City shirt to watch VFL Bochum. Saw them play Shalke, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borrusia Monchengladbach and Dortmund. The Bochum v. Dortmund derby match is a sight to behold. Awesome.

The best thing about the Bundesliga is it's openess - unlike the top 4 in the prem here, any number of teams can get into europe or win the title.

Bochum v Dortmund is awesome, Schalke v Dortmund is a real derby atmosphere tho, almost beats any game in this country. almost. City v the sadsags is the only one better.

I went to hamburg v shalke last year (Champions league place decider) and the second leg of the UEFA cup Semi that Hamburg v Werder Bremman. Both great games. Sat with the Shalke away fans for the first game (ultras), and in the home end for the UEFA "derby" game.

Really want to go to St Pauli though....

Archived