IGNORED

Sno, Jan Vennegor Of Hesselink, Cooper.....

Tim S

Over the last few days there has been loads of talk on another thread titled It Never Rains But It Sno's, with a rumour that we are talking in Evander Sno on loan from Ajax.

Now this WOULD be a great signing if we were to pull this one off. But again, its a thread with loads of response and people getting quite excited that this could be happening! Its the 3rd time that I can remember recently off the top of my head that a rumour of a pretty big name player has got a lot of people excited on here, with the others being Kenny Cooper and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and then nothing ever happens.

The rumours about Kenny Cooper and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink both ended with disappointment and Im just wondering is this going to be a third one?!

Anyway, I was just wondering, when was the last time we got really excited about a player who actually then ended up signing? Paul Hartley had quite a bit said about him before we signed him, but aside from that I think Lee Trundle was the last time we got REALLY excited on this forum and then actually signed him.

The rumours are great to read but they are a git for getting hopes up all the time!!!!

Anyway - having said all that lets hope that we sign Sno now!!!

the fact we are being linked to these quality players and not getting laughed out of bristol just shows how far we have come as a club

there was alot of noise about wilkshire just before he signed

Yeah its great that we are being linked with these players and people taking it seriously.... its just a little frustrating when we get all excited and then ends in disappointment!!

I really hope Sno comes off and I am made to be eat my words!!!

Yeah its great that we are being linked with these players and people taking it seriously.... its just a little frustrating when we get all excited and then ends in disappointment!!

I really hope Sno comes off and I am made to be eat my words!!!

I am surprised Bednar hasnt been mentioned on here yet...

Evander Sno on the way to Bristol City

Ajax is in deep negotiations with Bristol City over a transfer of Evander Sno, says the Telegraph.

August 30, 2009 10:56:29

The club from the English Championship is about the midfielder on loan to take. The British report that they assume that both clubs and the player will come out.

Sno was recruited last year by then-head coach Marco van Basten, but is not in the plans for the new coach Martin Jol.

<H1 itxtvisited="1">Evander Sno op weg naar Bristol City</H1><H2 itxtvisited="1">Ajax is in verregaande onderhandeling met Bristol City over een transfer van Evander Sno, aldus de Telegraaf.</H2><H4 itxtvisited="1">30 aug. 2009 10:56:29

De club uit het Engelse Championship staat op het punt om de Ajacied op huurbasis over te nemen. De Engelsen melden dat ze ervan uitgaan dat beide clubs en de speler er uit zullen komen.

Sno werd vorig seizoen aangetrokken door toenmalig hoofdtrainer Marco van Basten, maar komt niet in de plannen van de nieuwe trainer Martin Jol voor.

FC Utrecht en Hertha BSC hadden eerder belangstelling voor de oud-speler van Jong Oranje. Sno maakt geen deel uit van de wedstrijdselectie van Ajax voor het duel met Heracles Almelo.

</H4>

I didn't go to the Ajax game but if Sno is as good as everyone is making out - just how good does a player have to be to play in the Ajax first 11?

And.... In European terms Bristol City are a very small club who don't pay big wages despite playing in the CCC. If Sno is available you would expect other bigger European/ British club to be interested.

In the cold light of day if he joined City on loan you have to ask 'why?'

I didn't go to the Ajax game but if Sno is as good as everyone is making out - just how good does a player have to be to play in the Ajax first 11?

And.... In European terms Bristol City are a very small club who don't pay big wages despite playing in the CCC. If Sno is available you would expect other bigger European/ British club to be interested.

glass half empty again robbo ?

• Admin

It's possible that Ajax were impressed with our set-up?

Man Utd send a lot of their talented youngsters on loan to a side we beat comfortably 4-0.

Surely the signing of Sno would mean ME is on his way?

That is a very fair point sir. If Sno comes in plus one from Bednar, Anichebe or Killen i think most of us would be pretty darn happy all things being considered.

Vital Football says Sno was head and shoulders the best man on the pitch when Ajax came to the Gate... does anyone who went to the game consider this a fair assessment? What a coup either way.

Who needs to bother with the play offs when we can go straight to auto. :englandsmile4wf: luvvly jubbly rumours.

That is a very fair point sir. If Sno comes in plus one from Bednar, Anichebe or Killen i think most of us would be pretty darn happy all things being considered.

Vital Football says Sno was head and shoulders the best man on the pitch when Ajax came to the Gate... does anyone who went to the game consider this a fair assessment? What a coup either way.

Who needs to bother with the play offs when we can go straight to auto. :englandsmile4wf: luvvly jubbly rumours.

Id personally say Suarez was better but Sno was quality and stood out.

Archived