IGNORED

Will The New Signings

bcfcbs20

Umm, of course the club haven't done a survey and it's a opinion just like every other post on a forum. Care to offer one or did you just want to nitpick over semantics?

Do you think that there's some other main reason for a 2-3k jump in ST sales just before a wembley final and a corresponding drop the season immediately following our loss?

Whoa settle down, i am not here for a war and dont consider my response to be nit picking, i myself know 3 people that never renewed and failure to reach the prem had nothing to do with it, cost, value for money, entertainment factor, were the reasons behind it, no doubt what you say has had a part to play in non renewals but i am sure their are plenty of other reasons as well.

The main reason the gates are down is that the couple of thousand season tickets we sold on the back of the chance of being in the Prem didn't renew when we weren't.

....and they are known as glory hunters...aka, Bristol based Man Utd fans (or in recent years Chelsea fans,...and even more lately Spurs fans). We all know them, eveybody has half a dozen living in their street or in their work place.....you can also spot them a mile off a AG, just listen out to the tones of "so, mate, who's our number 3 and that chap in the middle looks good, what's he called.....etc etc etc blah blah blah."

Crikey, sorry about that,....not sure where all that came from, yes Nibor your right...and most people realise this is the reason why gates are down, no need for a survey is there!

Umm, of course the club haven't done a survey and it's a opinion just like every other post on a forum. Care to offer one or did you just want to nitpick over semantics?

Do you think that there's some other main reason for a 2-3k jump in ST sales just before a wembley final and a corresponding drop the season immediately following our loss?

The club probably have done a survey, of sorts, in so far as they phone all non renewers to ask them why not and try to persuade them.

I'm sure you're right that the prospect of Premier League football and then not getting it accounts for the largest percentage.

However there is also cost, entertainment value, ( lots of posts on here to back that up) moving away from Bristol ( going off to University seems to account for alot) and countless other reasons, including unfortunately simply not being with us anymore.

Anecdotally, I know of 3, all of whom are youngsters who have supported City in the division below for many years. One got his first car and now says he cannot afford it. Another chose to go and live with his Dad away from Bristol instead of with his Mum and can't get there anymore, and the 3rd can't be bothered anymore because he'd been going down to AG with number 2 for many years.

There are all sorts of reasons for going down the Gate, and just as many for stopping.

The club probably have done a survey, of sorts, in so far as they phone all non renewers to ask them why not and try to persuade them.

I'm sure you're right that the prospect of Premier League football and then not getting it accounts for the largest percentage.

However there is also cost, entertainment value, ( lots of posts on here to back that up) moving away from Bristol ( going off to University seems to account for alot) and countless other reasons, including unfortunately simply not being with us anymore.

Anecdotally, I know of 3, all of whom are youngsters who have supported City in the division below for many years. One got his first car and now says he cannot afford it. Another chose to go and live with his Dad away from Bristol instead of with his Mum and can't get there anymore, and the 3rd can't be bothered anymore because he'd been going down to AG with number 2 for many years.

There are all sorts of reasons for going down the Gate, and just as many for stopping.

In respnse to that noggers, my daughter and granson never renewed purley because of costs, nobody phoned, no letter asking why, maybe they did with other people but that i would not know.

I'd say the main reason is cost!! I went down and watched the Palace game and thought we were pretty lame and not worth the 28 quid I paid, hence the reason I haven't gone back down yet. That said if tickets were 10-15 quid a pop then I may have taken another gamble down there. . .

Not sure if there's any chance of it, or if its been considered but blocked by the police, but I reckon if we could stick away fans elsewhere, then the crowds might increase because the EE is a very attractive proposition and an EE full of home fans really is a boost for the team.

Let away fans pay the premium rates.

Most of us on here would still support city even if we weren't doing well but as for the fair weatherer I expect what most of them like to see is attractive football and more than 1 goal a game. I believe that with the new signings these two things should come about and then hopefully once we start really hammering a few teams people will sit up and take notice and then we can get 17.5 every other week.

In respnse to that noggers, my daughter and granson never renewed purley because of costs, nobody phoned, no letter asking why, maybe they did with other people but that i would not know.

Well, a few years ago we were a bit slow to renew and had a phone call from the club asking if we intended to, and if not what was the reason.

It's true to say I don't know if they still do it as we have renewed early for the last few years, but I'm surprised to hear they may not do.

Very true, its not just as cut and dry as saying ''we arnt playing good football and thats the main reason''. At the end of the day £20 odd quid to watch 90 minutes against teams that are lets be honest not the most attractive for the neutral is a lot of dough. To you and i playing teams like Boro Newcastle Sheff United shows how far we have come in recent years compared to the days of playing Chesterfield but unfortunately for the fair weather fan unless its a Man U or Liverpool these teams simple arnt attractive enough to justify paying £28!!! quid to watch.

I know a LOT of people including my Dad that simply refuse to pay the 20+plus out of princaple. The only way we can start attracting fans for games (when we are not necessarily playing scintillating football) is to drop prices. When we are up the top of the table chasing automatic and play-off places we all know as a club we have no problem attracting 19,000 to the Gate. Its just a case of finding out the best way of attracting those fans that come when we are playing well to come when we are not playing so well, that is the big challenge.

Well, a few years ago we were a bit slow to renew and had a phone call from the club asking if we intended to, and if not what was the reason.

It's true to say I don't know if they still do it as we have renewed early for the last few years, but I'm surprised to hear they may not do.

Well we have a award winning webb site dont we, i would have thought it would have been in the clubs interest to post a simple questionaire as to the reasons why people never renewed, just because they are not ST holders does not mean they have no interest in what is happening down at AG anymore, just a thought.

I'd say the main reason is cost!! I went down and watched the Palace game and thought we were pretty lame and not worth the 28 quid I paid, hence the reason I haven't gone back down yet. That said if tickets were 10-15 quid a pop then I may have taken another gamble down there. . .

If the tickets were £10-15 a pop for POTD you would have some very unhappy season ticket holders as it would be cheaper to POTD than buying a season ticket (I pay £15.43 per game in the Atyeo with my season ticket).

Indeed you would Citybabe so maybe this should've been thought out before this seasons tickets were made available. On the other hand though maybe we wouldn't of had the cash to purhcase the players brought in. Vicious circle. all i'm sayingi s personally, if the tickets were around the 15 quid mark I'd double the amount of times I visit the gate and may even sack off playing myself full time.

Aren't we getting a bit carried away with these new boys? We don't even know if they'll fit in the team but I sincerely hope they do. Speaking to a friend of mine who's a Celtic fan and his words on Sno were 'the worst player to ever wear a Celtic shirt.' He was ace in the friendly let's hope his Celtic spell was just a blip.

The last big name we signed was Trundle. Hope/expectation and actual performance do not always go hand in hand!

WHY would the club from a purely financial viewpoint (*) take £20-£30 for you going twice, rather than £28 for you going once? Even assuming they charge £15 per ticket - and so take £2 more in total across the two matches - the costs associated with your additional trip (stewards, turnstiles, etc.) would more than wipe this out.

Assuming that you also decide to bring your own food and drink (due to poor quality/high prices - you are on a budget after all), the business side to this would make such a choice absolutely crazy.

Also, how many people POTD at the current prices? The club would lose existing revenue of £13 per person per match (on the prices you used) from those people, balanced by £15 PPPM for the additional supporters - so there really wouldn't be too much in the way of extra revenue...

Dan

*Taking away all the arguments about larger crowds = (nominally) better support = better results, the comparison to season ticket pricing and all the other points. Purely on an "accounting" basis

WHY would the club from a purely financial viewpoint (*) take £20-£30 for you going twice, rather than £28 for you going once? Even assuming they charge £15 per ticket - and so take £2 more in total across the two matches - the costs associated with your additional trip (stewards, turnstiles, etc.) would more than wipe this out.

Assuming that you also decide to bring your own food and drink (due to poor quality/high prices - you are on a budget after all), the business side to this would make such a choice absolutely crazy.

Also, how many people POTD at the current prices? The club would lose existing revenue of £13 per person per match (on the prices you used) from those people, balanced by £15 PPPM for the additional supporters - so there really wouldn't be too much in the way of extra revenue...

Dan

*Taking away all the arguments about larger crowds = (nominally) better support = better results, the comparison to season ticket pricing and all the other points. Purely on an "accounting" basis

Whether I go once or twice, the club still has to lay on Stewards so effectively there 2 quid better off than they would've been. Also as its a little cheaper, I may bring a couple of friends, who may not be huge followers of City yet love the banter in the East End and a bit of singing. Hence an increase in atmosphere. An increase in atmosphere makes Ashton Gate electric and does really count for the 12th man. Therefore increasing the belief, intimidating the opposition and ehancing results which in turn would make it a successful season. A successful season = Premier league = 50m - therefore covering the £13 "loss" the previous season due to lower gate fares.

Simples!

(Alright a few exaggerations might be in there!! haha)

The absolute tops I would pay is £20 POTD, I am glad the club provide cheap seats in the EE because I wouldn't bother going if it wasn't in place, purely because £28 walk up price is a very expensive option. Yes you can pre-order to save a bit of money but not everyone knows if they are available to go to the game, can't use or don't like to use cards over the phone or internet or just prefer to pay cash like the older generation.

I hope the club will use their heads and offer a large proportion of cheap seats in the new stadium to fill it, both POTD and ST'S.

It's absolutely essential to give people a choice, high mark up on POTD at the moment is not giving the casual fan a choice, and that is who we need to be bringing with us into the new stadium.

If the tickets were £10-15 a pop for POTD you would have some very unhappy season ticket holders as it would be cheaper to POTD than buying a season ticket (I pay £15.43 per game in the Atyeo with my season ticket).

Not saying for every game, but for low catagory games i.e Scunny where there are going to be empty seats; why not put bums on seats at reduced prices; £10/£15 or some kind of special offer; hey some might come back at the full rate? :fingerscrossed:

10-15 quid is too cheap, there's no reason or excuse to undercut season ticket holders.

However, my wife ( a non STH) has made last minute decisions to go down a couple of times this season and we've paid out £28 for her on each occasion which is a shocking price when you actually pass 3 ten pound notes over and makes you feel that anything but BCFC you simply wouldn't pay it.

I wouldn't be happy to pay that out often if I wasn't a STH and you'd have to feel you'd been outstandingly entertained 2 hours later to feel you'd got value for money.

The match by match season ticket price is good value but there is far too big a disparity with pay on the day.

£20 pay on the day would be much better, still about 25% up but only handing over a couple of notes and not walking away from the ticket booth feeling you'd just been ridiculously extravagant.

There would always be one or two moans from STH's, but very few I imagine because it should be remembered that it is very often members of their families who are paying on the day.

I received a call asking why I hadn't renewed. Don't know why they haven't done this for all. No phone number (or wrong number) on the database maybe?

I can see where your coming from but do you not think you have to take into account the benefits of buying a season ticket over POTD should reflect on the charge levied for POTD, speaking for myself i buy a ST because i am where i want to be, i dont have the hassle of booking tickets every other week and taking pot luck where i get, first choice on limited amount tickets (popular away fixtures) and so on, i think the divide is to large between ST holders and POTD who get dont get any of the benefits that a season ticket holder does, you have worked it out at £15.43 per game for yourself, how much would you value the benefits you get being a ST holder, i would of thought £18/20 potd would be a realistic figure, better to have bums on seats than empty spaces i think.

The abysmal end to the last campaign is another reason why supports down.

if we love our club like true supporters should then we should get down to the gate as much as possible and support our team!!

this is a new season with a better squad so we should all get behind a new promotion push and support the lads!

if we love our club like true supporters should then we should get down to the gate as much as possible and support our team!!

this is a new season with a better squad so we should all get behind a new promotion push and support the lads!

Some people need the motivation to support the team and this means good results at home regularly, our results weren't good enough for some fans. Towards the last ten or twelve games last season I think we didn't win a single game at home drawing most of them.

Cant imagine anyone doesnt already know (but as the notion of cheap potd prices has been raised in this thread - bang on the money too as it happens!)

East End (Wedlock) tickets for S****horpe match (Sat 19th) are now available for non season ticket holders at just £15 adult & £10 concessions ...

So with a couple of new exciting ( :fingerscrossed: ) signings on show & distinct possibility of gaining 3 more points PLUS the chance to sample the 'East End Experience' from the inside ... What are ya waiting for?.. Snap them tickets up now!! :)

LETS MAKE SOME N O I S E !!!!!!!!!!............. (for just a tenner/fifteen quid! - accompanied kids £5)

Archived