IGNORED

Coventry Away

Orbital

Looking forward to it. I wonder how Gary will fit the new lads in. You would guess he will either keep to the 3-5-2 or go 4-3-3. If we stick with 3-5-2 you would guess the new lad and Maynard would play up top and Haynes will be benched. If we go 4-3-3 then it may be that Clarkson would be the one to lose out. I feel a little sorry for Clarkson as not once has be been played in his true position up top and he will probably suffer out as a result.

Looking forward to it. I wonder how Gary will fit the new lads in. You would guess he will either keep to the 3-5-2 or go 4-3-3. If we stick with 3-5-2 you would guess the new lad and Maynard would play up top and Haynes will be benched. If we go 4-3-3 then it may be that Clarkson would be the one to lose out. I feel a little sorry for Clarkson as not once has be been played in his true position up top and he will probably suffer out as a result.

The "new lad" (assuming you mean Saborio) won't be back from the WC Qualifiers in time to have trained or worked with the squad enough to make a start -Swansea away may be the first time we see him, and then from the bench as GJ did with Velicka.

Looking at the way GJ operates - and on the back of a 2-1 victory over Boro where everybody worked really hard - I wouldn''t expect GJ to "drop" anybody to make way for Sno either. Hartley Elliott and Skuse all played well.

I expect Sno to come on from the bench on Saturday, possibly replacing Hartley to give us some fresh legs.

If Sno does well he could replace Skuse at Swansea - harsh on Skuse but someone has to go if Sno is to get a game.

I hope we do get a chance to see Sno at the Ricoh, it will be interesting. I watched the "Sno highlights" on BC Player and even though I was at the Ajax game - it was startling to see just how much of a "friendly" that game was. No tackles were going in at all! Sno was moving the ball around very well but he's never going to get that much time in a league match.

CR

The "new lad" (assuming you mean Saborio) won't be back from the WC Qualifiers in time to have trained or worked with the squad enough to make a start -Swansea away may be the first time we see him, and then from the bench as GJ did with Velicka.

Looking at the way GJ operates - and on the back of a 2-1 victory over Boro where everybody worked really hard - I wouldn''t expect GJ to "drop" anybody to make way for Sno either. Hartley Elliott and Skuse all played well.

I expect Sno to come on from the bench on Saturday, possibly replacing Hartley to give us some fresh legs.

If Sno does well he could replace Skuse at Swansea - harsh on Skuse but someone has to go if Sno is to get a game.

I hope we do get a chance to see Sno at the Ricoh, it will be interesting. I watched the "Sno highlights" on BC Player and even though I was at the Ajax game - it was startling to see just how much of a "friendly" that game was. No tackles were going in at all! Sno was moving the ball around very well but he's never going to get that much time in a league match.

CR

Im not sure for once if Gary Johnson will keep the same side that faced Boro.... I have a feeling that he will field his strongest possible line up from the start and as it stands for me then that means Evander Sno instead of Skuse. Nothing against Skuse because like you said, he had a great game against Boro, but this is football and every game matters and there is no room for Mr Nice guy (Quote from Gary Johnson himself) so that MUST mean that Sno should start in my eyes.

I personally would drop Marv at the mo, i think Skusey is playing better than him.

To be fair, no-one really knows if Sno is better than what we already have at the moment

Thats right. He comes with high expectations amongst the fans based on his one performance at AG in a friendly, yes friendly game.

The Ajax faithfull wanted him perminately transfered and the Bhouys fans weren't all that excited by him so I wonder just what were are getting. Reading various reports about him you get the impression that he has a tendency to be inconsistant. Superb on his day but those days don't come that often. If a subtle,clever and experienced manager like Martin Johl can't get him to perform consistantly maybe Johnson's more basic managerial approach might work.

Tbh I have greater expectations from Saborio whose arrival has been a touch over shadowed by Sno turning up at the same time.

As for Coventry. I'm a great believer in not changing a winning side and I would expect Johnson to start with the same 11 as started against Boro, availability allowing.

Sno on the bench with a 20 min introduction later in the game.

Saborio on the bench at Swansea.

CR

I would agree that the most likely scenario is that when available and fully fit that the news lads will start from the bench. Formationwise I will be curious to see what shape we will go with.

By the way, with regard to your slightly condecending reply, when I mentioned 'the new lad' I was using venacular. Also, at no point did I use the word 'drop'.

Thats right. He comes with high expectations amongst the fans based on his one performance at AG in a friendly, yes friendly game.

The Ajax faithfull wanted him perminately transfered and the Bhouys fans weren't all that excited by him so I wonder just what were are getting. Reading various reports about him you get the impression that he has a tendency to be inconsistant. Superb on his day but those days don't come that often. If a subtle,clever and experienced manager like Martin Johl can't get him to perform consistantly maybe Johnson's more basic managerial approach might work.

Tbh I have greater expectations from Saborio whose arrival has been a touch over shadowed by Sno turning up at the same time.

As for Coventry. I'm a great believer in not changing a winning side and I would expect Johnson to start with the same 11 as started against Boro, availability allowing.

Sno on the bench with a 20 min introduction later in the game.

Saborio on the bench at Swansea.

whats teh point in that comment?

:fastasleep:

Point is that if Sno is inconsistant and a manager with Johl's pedigree could't get the best out of him then maybe a more blunt and basic approach might be the answer. Sophistication is lost on some players.

Jol's pedigree? perenial bottler? what exactly do you know of Martin Jol's managerial style then? all i've seen from his time at tottenham was that he was an easy ride, players liked the guy but did he have enough backbone to make the big decisions and command respect from his players? no. and he bottled spurs best chance of breaking into the top 4. pedigree indeed.

we all know the only reason why you had to bring Johnson's managerial style into this (and word it in a way that does come across as very negative and insulting), and its getting boring now.

Jol was a full Dutch international player. He's managed high profile European clubs - Hamburg SV, Tottenham and Ajax all before the age of 54.

Thats pedigree in anyones book.

And...I'm not having a pop at Johnsons mangement style at all. Just pointing out that different players respond to different management styles. Maybe Jol couldn't get the best out of Sno and figured that exposure to the hectic hurly burly of the CCC with a different type of management approach would help improve him as a player.

Jol's pedigree? perenial bottler? what exactly do you know of Martin Jol's managerial style then? all i've seen from his time at tottenham was that he was an easy ride, players liked the guy but did he have enough backbone to make the big decisions and command respect from his players? no. and he bottled spurs best chance of breaking into the top 4. pedigree indeed.

we all know the only reason why you had to bring Johnson's managerial style into this (and word it in a way that does come across as very negative and insulting), and its getting boring now.

Pot,kettle,black... comes to mind.

'we all know the only reason why you had to bring Johnson's managerial style into this'

'we all know the only reason why you had to bring Robbo's otib posting style into this'

In this case I dont believe Robbored said anything out of order re: GJ - (unless of course its a case of spotting an opportunity to nit pick & find something for the sake of it ? )

RR vs GJ ?.... Tanz vs RR ?.... think this time its the latter, tbh.

Pot,kettle,black... comes to mind.

'we all know the only reason why you had to bring Johnson's managerial style into this'

'we all know the only reason why you had to bring Robbo's otib posting style into this'

In this case I dont believe Robbored said anything out of order re: GJ - (unless of course its a case of spotting an opportunity to nit pick & find something for the sake of it ? )

RR vs GJ ?.... Tanz vs RR ?.... think this time its the latter, tbh.

:noexpression:

I quite like Robbo's posts usually. I've never been one to jump on the "went to rovers final" or "didn't pay his bet to charity" bandwagons. I do however believe Robbo has a personal dislike for GJ that has clouded his vision in regard to his assessments of him.

Personally i find calling GJ a basic manager is quite negative. there were many ways to describe the point he may or may not have been trying to make but he chose to use one that has negative implications. something that is very basic lacks substance or quality, or at least thats how i would view being called basic anyway.

I would agree that the most likely scenario is that when available and fully fit that the news lads will start from the bench. Formationwise I will be curious to see what shape we will go with.

By the way, with regard to your slightly condecending reply, when I mentioned 'the new lad' I was using venacular. Also, at no point did I use the word 'drop'.

No - you didn't say "drop" - but IF all the team that beat 'Boro are fit and injury free, then to start the "new lad" up front with Maynard in place of Haynes (with Haynes dropping to the bench) as you speculated means that Haynes is in fact - dropped!

What else can you call it?

It wasn't meant to be condecending(sp) but surely every City fan knows that Saborio is away with Costa Rica and will be unavailable for the Cov game.

Personally I would like to see both on the pitch as soon as possible - but we all seem to be agreeing that they will get their chances from the bench, and in my opinion GJ will not change the shape (yet).

CR

:noexpression:

I quite like Robbo's posts usually. I've never been one to jump on the "went to rovers final" or "didn't pay his bet to charity" bandwagons. I do however believe Robbo has a personal dislike for GJ that has clouded his vision in regard to his assessments of him.

Personally i find calling GJ a basic manager is quite negative. there were many ways to describe the point he may or may not have been trying to make but he chose to use one that has negative implications. something that is very basic lacks substance or quality, or at least thats how i would view being called basic anyway.

OK... sorry m8, -maybe we all jump to conclusions too redily at times -me included! :tomato: tomato for WH.

No - you didn't say "drop" - but IF all the team that beat 'Boro are fit and injury free, then to start the "new lad" up front with Maynard in place of Haynes (with Haynes dropping to the bench) as you speculated means that Haynes is in fact - dropped!

What else can you call it?

It wasn't meant to be condecending(sp) but surely every City fan knows that Saborio is away with Costa Rica and will be unavailable for the Cov game.

Personally I would like to see both on the pitch as soon as possible - but we all seem to be agreeing that they will get their chances from the bench, and in my opinion GJ will not change the shape (yet).

CR

I have a job which means that I am unable to catch up with every piece of news on a regular basis so apologies that my knowledge of BCFC isn't quite up to your and 'every other city fans' high standards. I started a general topic of conversation, due to interest in the new players and opinion on the role of Clarkson, which you appear to prefer to turn into point scoring. This is why I rarely post on this site.

Archived