IGNORED

City Vs Coventry

Tim S

Any point in the Championship away from home is a decent one. The only slight issues I have at the moment are we need to find another way of scoring that doesn't involve Maynard slamming one in from 25 yards and it always takes 45 minutes and a GJ hairdrying session before the lads wake up. Hopefully we can nick the points in the week.

Result of the day, despite the fact we have to play them next week, has to go to Scunny. After the caper the other week I wish nothing but bad on Crystal Palace until the unsavoury characters in their club leave football once and for all. No referee for Tango and Colin to hide behind this week!! I wonder if we will see an article in the Telegraph from Henry Winter proclaiming that it is unfair for a bunch of aggressive, northern steelworkers to come down to London with tattoo's all over their bodies and run riot against a "nice little friendly, gentle, London club who everyone loves" like Palace? I think the game should be replayed until S****horpe only beat them 3-0 (that may take a few attempts though).

My friend gave a glowing review of Sno - "Gotta be one of the best players in the Championship, every time he had the ball he looked class."

Lets hope that he shows even more when he is match fit!! And as I said earlier lets hope that GJ finds someone else who can stick the ball in the onion bag and take some of the load off Maynard (who is now starting to look like a couple of million quids worth of player).

The only slight issues I have at the moment are we need to find another way of scoring that doesn't involve Maynard slamming one in from 25 yards and it always takes 45 minutes and a GJ hairdrying session before the lads wake up. Hopefully we can nick the points in the week.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Anyone know if Wilson was to blame for the goal? It sounded like he didn't close down :S

Out of order if you're looking to blame the goal on Wilson - according to the radio today he's doing well to even be playing at all at this stage due to the severity of his injury.

He certainly wouldn't be first choice right back - it's not his best position anyway - plus he's not fully fit, so he hasn't done too badly at all.

GJ obviously rates him as an important squad member and he's likely to be in or around the first team whether we like it or not.

In my opinion we're lucky to have such a versatile player willing to fill in for so many positions so uncomplainingly.

I thought today was piss poor because we looked slack at the simple things as the Coventry wingers got past our wing backs Wilson and McAllister consistently making us look prone to their pace. For me it really wasn't a game that I could draw many positives out of other than Saborio who looked affective when he came on and Maynard's scorching 25 yard strike.

What a surprise ... Chris Coleman complaining ... again

Coventry boss Chris Coleman:

"We felt the referee should have blown up for handball twice in the build-up (to their goal).

"We were disappointed to have that second goal ruled out for offside because if we had gone in at half time 2-0 up, we probably would have won.

"But this has stopped a little run as we had lost two in a row. We have got a point but might have had three."

• Admin
What a surprise ... Chris Coleman complaining ... again

Coventry boss Chris Coleman:

"We felt the referee should have blown up for handball twice in the build-up (to their goal).

"We were disappointed to have that second goal ruled out for offside because if we had gone in at half time 2-0 up, we probably would have won.

"But this has stopped a little run as we had lost two in a row. We have got a point but might have had three."

Yeah Chris, it would be nice if the officials did away with those pesky set of rules they keep insisting on applying to matches.

Out of order if you're looking to blame the goal on Wilson - according to the radio today he's doing well to even be playing at all at this stage due to the severity of his injury.

He certainly wouldn't be first choice right back - it's not his best position anyway - plus he's not fully fit, so he hasn't done too badly at all.

GJ obviously rates him as an important squad member and he's likely to be in or around the first team whether we like it or not.

In my opinion we're lucky to have such a versatile player willing to fill in for so many positions so uncomplainingly.

Changing position all the time doesn't help building confidence and if anything Brian needs to boost his confidence.

Class player in coming with an incredible shot. Agewise time is beginning ro run out though.

Go Brian, go!!

Archived