IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe

Longacre_red

Excellent in the air, although he lost his man for one of their set pieces 2nd half.

Boom-Booms distribution was terrible today and that is being kind to terrible but saying that Louis & Liams' passing was awwful as well...especially 1st half.

Defence were very shaky today...needs improving.

BCAGFC

Had a cracking game today, didn't lose a ball in the air, looked relativly good on the ground aswell.

Very impressed

My heart's still in my mouth when he has the ball at his feet, especially under pressure. But he did do one great pass wide to Jamie McAllister today and I thought "blimey, he aimed that one". People behind me were having a chuckle too. Good performance from the big man today.

I thought he was important in breaking up their route one attempts

something i noticed when he passed to Gerken, he's as comfortable recieving the ball to feet as a league one goalkeeper, Gerken didn't have to shuffle round on to his stronger foot... it's a shame because he wins everything in the air and can hit a volleyed clearance well, he is a benefiter of the 3-5-2 system IMO

Had a cracking game today, didn't lose a ball in the air, looked relativly good on the ground aswell.

Very impressed

I completely disagree McCombe looked rocky whenever their forwards ran at him with the ball and he didn't seem to win the headers as much when Turner the big centre half came up for corners. He did a few decent passes though today on a couple of occasions so he wasn't overly as bad in that respect.

Fontaine was the star man at the back today. McCombe still looks not good enough to me at this level but had an OK ish game today.

Fontaine was definitely the man who stood out for me today as well because he mopped up everything and occasionally got forward to attack.

We must have been at different game. In the first half he was frequently beaten to the ball and on occasion didn't even jump. Improved second half but still looks horribly shaky. Gives his all but continues to look a League 1 defender to me (as does Brian Wilson). I would have Nyatanga back like a shot.

We must have been at different game. In the first half he was frequently beaten to the ball and on occasion didn't even jump. Improved second half but still looks horribly shaky. Gives his all but continues to look a League 1 defender to me (as does Brian Wilson). I would have Nyatanga back like a shot.

this sums it up for me,

he was beaten to the header way too many times today, he was good in the last 10 mins when they came at us in the air...

i may be in the minority here but for a player of something like 6ft 5 he's no where near as dominant in the air as he should be...

he's heavily one footed with shaky distribution.... i dont think he should be a starter in the 11 when others are fit, however i'm sure there are teams

we'll play against where he may be an option....

J

this sums it up for me,

he was beaten to the header way too many times today, he was good in the last 10 mins when they came at us in the air...

i may be in the minority here but for a player of something like 6ft 5 he's no where near as dominant in the air as he should be...

he's heavily one footed with shaky distribution.... i dont think he should be a starter in the 11 when others are fit, however i'm sure there are teams

we'll play against where he may be an option....

J

I agree McCombe is not as good as he should be in the air. Heading is as much about technique as height. Fontaine often out jumps taller players because he has good timing. Saborio yesterday also showed great timing and a spring in his jump.

Archived