IGNORED

Play Off Ticket Fiasco

Ian M

• Admin

Admittedly going down during some people's lunch hour may not have appeared to be the wisest thing in the world to do but upon arriving I was shocked at having to wait 0, yes NOUGHT(!), minutes in queue to get tickets. As soon as I arrived a nasty steward directed me to an open window and even had the cheek to speak to me in a friendly manner. Also, despite my best attempts to confuse the guy selling me the tickets he followed exactly what I was saying in a polite manner.

Overall the whole process has left me with a sick taste in my mouth and I'd like to criticise the club for making the process so goddamn easy! :@

Admittedly going down during some people's lunch hour may not have appeared to be the wisest thing in the world to do but upon arriving I was shocked at having to wait 0, yes NOUGHT(!), minutes in queue to get tickets. As soon as I arrived a nasty steward directed me to an open window and even had the cheek to speak to me in a friendly manner. Also, despite my best attempts to confuse the guy selling me the tickets he followed exactly what I was saying in a polite manner.

Overall the whole process has left me with a sick taste in my mouth and I'd like to criticise the club for making the process so goddamn easy! :@

That's appalling. How are you meant to feel the excitement a big game like this should generate, if you don't have to queue for ages for your ticket?

The least the club could do is hire people in to create a queue, to at least give the match the big game atmosphere and build up it deserves.

• Admin
That's appalling. How are you meant to feel the excitement a big game like this should generate, if you don't have to queue for ages for your ticket?

The least the club could do is hire people in to create a queue, to at least give the match the big game atmosphere and build up it deserves.

Exactly! I feel so disgusted by it all that I may well complain to Steve & Colin about it on their forum! :@

Pleased for you, 450 mile round trip, hmmmmmmm.

Resigned to not getting a ticket for the first leg, but decided to brave the queue (and horrendous phone bill) to get one for AG. I'm not a season ticket holder or member. After over an hour I got through, I wasn't allowed to make a purchase!! 6.5p per minute + VAT = £5+ phone bill!!

:dunno: her indoors just got my ticket, did'nt have to queue either, much better than last year, she was 8 1/2 months pregnant and waited for 3 hours !! (i did tell her not to stand in queue if loads of people there and that i would go down after work instead !!!!) almost collapsed through exhaustion, thankly Richard Gould got the ticket for her :dunno:

Here's another shock for you. I arrived at the Gate approx 11.10. Friendly steward told me it would be 25 min wait, not too bad I thought. He said there were 10 'windows' open to serve. Wait here is the best bit, I couldn't believe it but whilst we were queueing we were given *FREE* Tea/coffee. Yes really, they had a lad with a trolley walking up and down the line!!!

Now I cannot cope with this, helpful staff, short queues and freebies!!! I was so impressed I saw Mr Sexstone and thanked him!

It seemed the club have taken on board some comments made. I still feel all those of you who live away from the ground could be treated MUCH better.

By the way it is only 1 ( one) ticket per season ticket book today, for either game. I hope this helps someone.

And I was away from the ground by 11.30 aswell, when I left the queue was shorter still.

You have been deprived of your right as a City fan to demonstrate your devotion by having to queue through the night for a ticket to the big game. I'd consult a lawyer. Just shows that the club has learnt nothing from previous ticket farces. I blame Peacock. Sorry, I meant Colin Sextone.

I know, shocking isn't it!

I went down to the Gate at 11.20 this morning and was shocked and delighted to be told the that the queuing time was 10 minutes! :dunno:

I was directed to the back of the queue by a friendly and helpful steward and was then offered a free cup of tea by a lad pushing a trolley up and down the queue. I had barley drunk half a cup when I found myself at the ticket window after a wait of just 9 minutes! The lady who served me was friendly, helpful and efficient and before I knew it I was leaving the gate with my tickets. :laugh::laugh:

A big thanks to Colin and all the staff for taking onboard our comments from last season fiasco and, more importantly, acting upon them. I realise that this selling system will not suit everybody but for the vast majority it is a 100% improvement on last year.

Well done City and here's to division 1 football next season.

:dunno:

Madger,

You're sooooo naive. It's obvious that City have used you. They must have tracked your movements. Then, when you got within 10mins of AG, they've hidden all the queueing people and just served you like you were the first person to get there.

They did this knowing full well that you would come on this forum and post a "sarcastic" message reinforcing their prowess. You've fallen into their trap like a goodun. What other explanation can there be?

Archived