IGNORED

Swansea Match Thread

The Enormous Turnip

I think we have to take the circumstances into account and accept that tonight was a hard earned point. We have five or six players out injured and are still good enough to go over to a place where we traditionally struggle and get a point. Last season with five or six out we would have got battered, make no mistake about it. I agree with an earlier poster that we need to find a way of hitting the back of the net more often but I would also take Bristol City's points total over S****horpe's goals at the moment.

I couldn't give a monkeys what we have done away from home since last February - in March, April and May we were crap whereas now we have a half decent side who have only lost once on the road in four outings this season.

Good point. I would have taken it before the game let alone after seeing the line-up. Need to re-group and get people fit for an important game Saturday. A win would keep up our good start.

Judging by what has happened so far anybody who is ill will miss several games. Don't expect to see Maynard again this month on that basis. Unlike us Scunny are suddenly in goal scoring form and with Carey and Fontaine presumably out for Saturday that is not good news. :disapointed2se:

Judging by what has happened so far anybody who is ill will miss several games. Don't expect to see Maynard again this month on that basis. Unlike us Scunny are suddenly in goal scoring form and with Carey and Fontaine presumably out for Saturday that is not good news. :disapointed2se:

It might not be so bad. Perhaps one or two played when "ill" on Saturday and simply couldn't recover in time for tonight. Gerken sounds like the worst case to me.

I'm struggling to find a way to work out how a point away from home obtained without five or six players, including our two best performers this season, is a $h1t point.

I didn't say that it was a bad point I'm just waiting for confirmation from fans who've seen the game before deciding whether it's a good point or not.

• Admin
We've yet to win an away game in the League since February which is worrying to say the least.

In the bigger picture, it does raise concerns, but and its a big but, tonights result was obtained in exceptional circumstances, late changes, first choice players missing all contribute to this one being a game to take in isolation.

We've yet to win an away game in the League since February which is worrying to say the least.

It might worry you but it doesn't bother me as much at the moment. As I have said before we were rubbish throughout March, April and May and have a far better side now than we did then (the current side would batter the side that stumbled over the finish line at the end of last season). We must have otherwise we wouldn't be holding our own in this league which everyone tells me is so much tougher this season.

In the bigger picture, it does raise concerns, but and its a big but, tonights result was obtained in exceptional circumstances, late changes, first choice players missing all contribute to this one being a game to take in isolation.

Yes I agree, especially considering that the changes were enforced just before the match.

Obviously we all want the football to be more entertaining in the long run as the season runs on but GJ does deserve credit for steering our side through it's worst injury/illness crisis since we have returned to this league and still holding a record of only one defeat in seven. The increase in decent first team squad players is now paying dividends.

We ought to give Basso a pat on the back for keeping a clean sheet too - regardless of the contractual situation, he's still come in and performed for the team. Let's hope one or two don't get a bit silly on Saturday and give him abuse.

Archived