IGNORED

Swansea Match Thread

The Enormous Turnip

Slight concern, specially as we seem prone to sickness & bugs at the mo, is the three yellow cards picked up tonight, the last thing we need to be contending with on top of injuries etc are avoidable suspensions due to rashness & or petulence - Sure GJ will be having a few words to that effect!

(havent checked, anyone know our present position re: cards, who's likely to miss out through suspensions in the near future? who's on thin ice?)

Obviously we all want the football to be more entertaining in the long run as the season runs on but GJ does deserve credit for steering our side through it's worst injury/illness crisis since we have returned to this league and still holding a record of only one defeat in seven. The increase in decent first team squad players is now paying dividends.

We ought to give Basso a pat on the back for keeping a clean sheet too - regardless of the contractual situation, he's still come in and performed for the team. Let's hope one or two don't get a bit silly on Saturday and give him abuse.

I've just had an email read out by Geoff T on RB, in response to a negative text from Matt of Chippenham...

Geoff,

In response to Matt's ridiculous observations about City, can I draw his attention to the fact that our side has been devastated by illness and injury since match 2 of this season. To have achieved 12 points and only one defeat in 7 games has been a great return. Thank your lucky stars that City's 11 heroes earned a point against the odds tonight. With a fully fit starting eleven there are exciting times ahead.

Regards,

Mark Tovey

I've just had an email read out by Geoff T on RB, in response to a negative text from Matt of Chippenham...

Geoff,

In response to Matt's ridiculous observations about City, can I draw his attention to the fact that our side has been devastated by illness and injury since match 2 of this season. To have achieved 12 points and only one defeat in 7 games has been a great return. Thank your lucky stars that City's 11 heroes earned a point against the odds tonight. With a fully fit starting eleven there are exciting times ahead.

Regards,

Mark Tovey

We seem to have regained our "difficult to beat" tag which can only be good news. I remember that lengthy report on City prepared for a visiting team that the Evening Gas summarised which said something along the lines of "Bristol City have the ability to take points out of games without playing well". That is exactly what we have done tonight - a wholehearted performance with key players either missing or playing half fit. We ought to be over the moon with the effort from the lads tonight because of the exceptional circumstances but it seems that you cannot please everyone. All we need now is to get some players back and start playing some nice football.

I've always been a pessimist but tonight my mate said we were very unlucky not to have won comfortably with some of the chances we had, so yes it's a point gained at the end of the day that could prove to be valuable at the business end of the season. I still think that what will catch us out will be our strength in depth perhaps which isn't as good as some of the other clubs pushing for a top six finish, but regardless it will be exciting as always pondering our promotion chances.

I've always been a pessimist but tonight my mate said we were very unlucky not to have won comfortably with some of the chances we had, so yes it's a point gained at the end of the day that could prove to be valuable at the business end of the season.

I reckon the ten or so points that the national media believe we have gained so far from lucky refereeing decisions will prove to be even more valuable!!

Archived