IGNORED

Team At Swansea

NickJ

Guest ashtonyate

The way things were last night it was a good point it was always said a draw away and a home win is promotion form now saying that we are that good.

Listen to the Radio last night the times it was said Johnson misplaced the pass or lost the ball and Sproul has not found a city player with the ball it shows Gary Johnson has got to bit the bullet and move them two on.

I really don't even think they are good enough for the squad now,for us to really challenge it showed that the whole squad must be of a higher standard than Johnson Sproul Wilson and even first team member McAllister days are numbered .

Cole Skuse was almost 100% acclaimed as superb against Middlesborough. IMO he was quiet but effective against Coventry.

Dropped against Swansea. Why?

Shortage of strikers, Clarkson on the bench. Why not give him a game?

Meanwhile, earlier today, Sno was to be restricted to cameo roles over the next few weeks, and yet started tonight and played almost the entire game.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1796952,00.html

Apparently he was fit enough to start up front but not in midfield.

- Sproule is an impact player rather than starter, particularly away from home.

- Sno apparently excelled in midfield at AG therefore you would expect he was brought in on that basis.

- Skuse does everything Johnson does but can tackle and get up and down the pitch as well.

- Clarkson and/or Williams would have added some flair and inventiveness.

Just a few of my observations from tonights team.

Swansea were there for the taking tonight, IMO even allowing for the injuries, tonight's team selection was a wasted opportunity.

thing is mate we don't know the whole story do we? Especially regarding fitness and illness?

Why not wait and get the information from the manager.

Swansea away is always going to be tough.

A draw when fielding a depleted team there is credit-worthy.

Its amazing how a simple opinion can provoke so much!!

You've been on this forum long to know that any opinion that more than one other person doesn't agree with can cause such a reaction.

Simple truth is that most people on here don't ever try to understand the others point of view. That why we see so many one-eyed views often expressed in a hostile manner.

As for this thread - I happen to agree that Swansea were there for the beating and that imo Johnson got the formation wrong but hey-ho City came away with a point. Should have been three tho'.

You've been on this forum long to know that any opinion that more than one other person doesn't agree with can cause such a reaction.

Simple truth is that most people on here don't ever try to understand the others point of view. That why we see so many one-eyed views often expressed in a hostile manner.

As for this thread - I happen to agree that Swansea were there for the beating and that imo Johnson got the formation wrong but hey-ho City came away with a point. Should have been three tho'.

Not all of us are hostile.....i respect your opinion - but i think your wrong! Had we fielded a full strength side i may very well expected a win......but i think the formation was dictated by the players that were available, making an away draw quite satisfactory.

:innocent06:

• Admin
RedM, that's just encouraging an excuses mentality, IMO.

Yes, I agree we were missing influential players - Carey, Maynard, and to a lesser extent Akinde and Haynes.

But this huge squad is costing a fortune.

Past illness, a bit tired, recent injury, contract issues? Just get on with it.

I dont know about Skuse being dizzy from Saturday, but how to explain a 3 day dizzy spell ending during the middle of last night's second half?

Also in black and white - all 18 squad members were fit, at the start of the game.

And I would have selected a different team from those 18, thats all.

Its amazing how a simple opinion can provoke so much!!

Nick, it is simple to write off "past illness" in a blasé fashion as just being a case of being better now. However, the virus the players are suffering from is really affecting fitness levels with players losing up to 2stone in muscle mass over the course of the virus.

Unfortunately it isn't just a black and white case of "they're better now, they're fit to play", they have to build up their bodies again and this takes time, there are no shortcuts.

For an example of this re-watch the interview with Nyatanga (a full week after his symptoms ended) and compare to how he looked in his interview upon signing. He looks gaunt in comparison.

I'm really, really hoping that Nicky's illness is unrelated to that suffered by the others and was just an inconvenient bout of gastroenteritis, otherwise it may be some weeks before we see the Nicky we've got used to seeing this season so far. :unsure:

From the sounds of it Gerken does have the one suffered by the others though so we should get used to seeing Basso between the sticks.

Southville Kiddy & Madger:

- Fair enough replies.

Question for anyone that knows really:

- What is this illness/virus all about?

Of all the people I talk to, I havent heard of any virus going around Bristol, but Maynard, Gerkin, Skuse, Wilson, Orr, Nyatanga, Blackman, Clarkson, Haynes, Johnson all seem to have been mentioned as suffering from some sort of mysterious unspecified illness in recent weeks. What is going on at AG??!!

Southville Kiddy & Madger:

- Fair enough replies.

Question for anyone that knows really:

- What is this illness/virus all about?

Of all the people I talk to, I havent heard of any virus going around Bristol, but Maynard, Gerkin, Skuse, Wilson, Orr, Nyatanga, Blackman, Clarkson, Haynes, Johnson all seem to have been mentioned as suffering from some sort of mysterious unspecified illness in recent weeks. What is going on at AG??!!

Their all sick of the Tesco debate.

Archived