IGNORED

Ask The Chairman Reminder

Blagdon red

To answer two points first if Mr & Mrs Lansdown reads these post what is the point of the meeting at Derby.

I appreciate you like to play devils advocate from time to time and i actually think you make some valid points, but this comment takes the p!ss a bit doesn't it?

You know why it's done and you know it's a good thing, don't pretend otherwise.

I understand that, but are these fans who don't get to the Gate very often the ones who tell them that do every thing is fine.

I actually think that a lot of fans who do attend these meetings, are our hard core away supporters who are probably from around Bristol and go to most home games.

I understand that, but are these fans who don't get to the Gate very often the ones who tell them that do every thing is fine.

There isn't a questionnaire at the door.

Anyone can go and ask anything they like.

If you mean, do the people who kick up a fuss and make allegations from behind a computer screen not have the bottle to do it in person, then the answer is 'yes', in the vast majority of cases.

Guest ashtonyate
I appreciate you like to play devils advocate from time to time and i actually think you make some valid points, but this comment takes the p!ss a bit doesn't it?

You know why it's done and you know it's a good thing, don't pretend otherwise.

No pee taking here yes it is a good thing for the Chairman to answer Questions but they must be relevant ones to say he knows what is happening is one thing but if he is not ask he need not comment on it.

Things will never be perfect and every fan in the country can think of things that need changing at thier club. That said, are you really that worried by our current plight? I'm not. Great manager, great chairman, great fans, great new stadium. I've seen it worse, far, far worse.

I will always like to see progress, but i'm not stupid enough to ignore the better times and enjoy them. And seriously, if these aren't bettter times, you haven't followed the club that long.

If i met Steve Lansdown my inital reaction would be to thank him for his time in charge. I might have gripes, but to not do so, would be disrespectful to someone who has done a lot for this club.

Guest ashtonyate
There isn't a questionnaire at the door.

Anyone can go and ask anything they like.

If you mean, do the people who kick up a fuss and make allegations from behind a computer screen not have the bottle to do it in person, then the answer is 'yes', in the vast majority of cases.

I am not going to derby just to ask Steve lansdown a Question ,but the first poster ask for Questions to ask SL.

If you would like to get me an appointment at Ashton I would ask him here just email me.

I am not going to derby just to ask Steve lansdown a Question ,but the first poster ask for Questions to ask SL.

If you would like to get me an appointment at Ashton I would ask him here just email me.

Yes, I'm sure he'd be delighted to arrange a one-to-one meeting so you could tell him how dreadful the world is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't similar events been held at Ashton Gate in the past? Presumably you went to those to give him a piece of your mind?

Guest ashtonyate
Yes, I'm sure he'd be delighted to arrange a one-to-one meeting so you could tell him how dreadful the world is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't similar events been held at Ashton Gate in the past? Presumably you went to those to give him a piece of your mind?

See you are say a load of rubbish I think there are good things happening here we have at last got some better quality players here which is good It looks likely will have a new ground or rebuild Ashton.

but there are 3 things which needs to be address

The Academy

Lee Johnson

style of play

if you asked most city fans they would be their concerns

See you are say a load of rubbish I think there are good things happening here we have at last got some better quality players here which is good It looks likely will have a new ground or rebuild Ashton.

The Academy

Lee Johnson

style of play

Lee Johnson is a Bristol City player you happen not to rate, but that the manager sees as an important part of the squad.

I'm not big on Ivan Sproule, but I'm not so arrogant as to think it's an issue the chairman should address just because I'm not overly impressed at times.

The Academy

Lee Johnson

style of play

I suspect, amongst the fans you speak with, you are probably right. However, there is also a large proportion of fans who are pretty happy with where we are and are positive about the club, the chairman, the manager and his players.

Guest ashtonyate
Lee Johnson is a Bristol City player you happen not to rate, but that the manager sees as an important part of the squad.

I'm not big on Ivan Sproule, but I'm not so arrogant as to think it's an issue the chairman should address just because I'm not overly impressed at times.

Its nothing to do with me rating him he is a weak link in the team when he plays, and the last couple of week prove you need to have strength through out the squad.

I am not asking a question about sproule but to offer him a extension of his contract was plain daft.

Guest ashtonyate
I suspect, amongst the fans you speak with, you are probably right. However, there is also a large proportion of fans who are pretty happy with where we are and are positive about the club, the chairman, the manager and his players.

This board does not represent the vast amount of city supporter views if it did there would be more dissenting views which are being expressed go on ziderheads site and have a look.

This board does not represent the vast amount of city supporter views if it did there would be more dissenting views which are being expressed go on ziderheads site and have a look.

You say this, but in an earlier post of yours on this thread you said if SL reads this forum, whats the point of a Q&A session with him. You have completely contradicted yourself.............but hey, whats new there?

Seriously, (and I realise the irony of this) why do we continue to feed the troll?

No internet forum represents the vast amount of city support views. Unless you've got a message board with over 7,000 active posters - no.

Plus what you said above about things that need to be addressed? Nothing needs to be addressed. The board & manager will do as they see best in the service of the club.

If you disagree then vote with your feet.

Go on a forum, that has lost near enough all of its original posters, that has now been made up of a load of refugees from here who moan. Of those posters how many is it that spend their day moaning, 10? yeah I can see why you think that'd be representative of a fans base around 16k

Also, your English seems to have got worse. Sort it out it's a real pain.

And all three are totally different players and most definitely do not do the "same job".

They are totally and utterly different to each other as well as totally different to LJ.

Which is what makes a squad, it would be a bit pointless if they were all the same wouldn't it ?

Lee Johnson once said to us in a pub that his main role was to try and win the ball and lay it off quickly and easily. In this respect, i think the three players i mentioned all offer the same attribute and imo do it to the same if not higher standard. That is what i meant by the four being the same.

I appreciate that they are all different and to be us honest that is my point. The differences arise because i feel the Sno and Elliot perform to a higher level and actually offer a lot more, once their initial role has been fulfilled.

:city: As someone who follows City Home & Away I can say that we have the best Chairman & Manager that we could ask for and yes sometimes they make mistakes but I trust them to do the very best for Bristol City.

Why is it that all some supporters can say is negative where one or the other is not doing things as they would ?

Archived