IGNORED

Ask The Chairman Reminder

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

A quick reminder for all travelling to Derby on Saturday that the Supporters Trust is again arranging an on-the-road 'Ask the Chairman' session prior to the game.

This will take place in the Brunswick Inn (near Derby station) from 12.30 for approximately one hour.

Details here: Ask the Chairman in Derby

Guest ashtonyate

The 2 questions I would like him to be asked is

1 his he aware or the discord with some fans by Lee Johnson inclusion in the team.

2 he is happy with the style of play of our football.

these questions never seem to get answered at these meeting it just becomes a love in.

1 his he aware or the discord with some fans by Lee Johnson inclusion in the team.

these questions never seem to get answered at these meeting it just becomes a love in.

:fastasleep:

Give it a rest.

Guest ashtonyate
:fastasleep:

Give it a rest.

Well I think these two points are very relevant at this moment in time as when you talk to fans that go to games these are the issues that are talk about

Well I think these two points are very relevant at this moment in time as when you talk to fans that go to games these are the issues that are talk about

Well I think that your questions were rhetorical and whatever answer SL gave, you have already made up your mind and dont actually want these questions answered, you just want to continue your pointless bashing.

Guest ashtonyate
Well I think that your questions were rhetorical and whatever answer SL gave, you have already made up your mind and dont actually want these questions answered, you just want to continue your pointless bashing.

It is not pointless these are two of the most important question concerning the club at the moment.

Playing Lee is holding back the team as he is not good enough.

And playing game not scoring goal and getting results like Saturday is one on the reason fans are think is it worth the money to watch football like that.

Now I don't know what its like in this world of utopia you live in but it is not what I see when I watch City

It is not pointless these are two of the most important question concerning the club at the moment.

And playing game not scoring goal and getting results like Saturday is one on the reason fans are think is it worth the money to watch football like that.

Now I don't know what its like in this world of utopia you live in but it is not what I see when I watch City

Yeah, this club has been held back the entire time Lee's been here.

I mean, if we'd made some sort of progress as a club during his Bristol City career, we'd cut him a bit of slack. But as it's just been a downward slide since he first pulled on the red shirt, you have a really good point.

Only in the gospel according to AY

Yeah cos we've gone really downhill since he joined us

I'd say its more to do with the state of the economy and the high levels of unemployment if you ask me. Same as i've not made it to any away games this season yet, not by choice but because I am out of work.

Utopia would be kinda nice right now, as it is with all the other crap going on in my life right now, I know I still certainly prefer the half full glass approach as opposed to your half empty.

Guest ashtonyate
Yeah, this club has been held back the entire time Lee's been here.

I mean, if we'd made some sort of progress as a club during his Bristol City career, we'd cut him a bit of slack. But as it's just been a downward slide since he first pulled on the red shirt, you have a really good point.

See you are doing it again I have never said he has held back the club all the time he has been here.

He has played his part in the Clubs susses but now he needs to move on for the club to progress that's Football?.

As both Steve and Maggie Lansdown read this forum I suspect Steve does know what the fans feelings are on a variety of subjects, not just the ones you mention.

The fact that GJ is still manager would indicate to me that SL may not share your opinion, or indeed your concerns.

Would you rather he adopted a knee jerk approach and sacked the manager after every "bad" result or would your rather he took the club forward based on long term consolidation and stability?

QPR (and plenty of other clubs) have adopted the short term approach and I see no signs of that working. Personally speaking I know how I want this club to progress, both on and off the field.

As a long time supporter you will recall that it took a long long time (longer than GJ is likely to be given) for Alan Dicks to get promotion to the old division one. Promotion was achieved by year on year consolidation and when it was achieved it was by grinding out plenty of 1-0 wins.

Not pretty to watch but effective.

Come on AY, his answer would be along the lines off, " Team selection and style of football is not the job of the chairman."

I'd agree with him as well, you'll need to ask Mr Johnson those questions

As much as I think its a ridiculous question.... It should be asked. (ashtonyates Lee Johnson question)

I think there is a big chunk of city fans who are (wrongly) unhappy about LJ playing for city and I think alot of city fans would like the question asked.

A quick reminder for all travelling to Derby on Saturday that the Supporters Trust is again arranging an on-the-road 'Ask the Chairman' session prior to the game.

This will take place in the Brunswick Inn (near Derby station) from 12.30 for approximately one hour.

Details here: Ask the Chairman in Derby

Hi,

Looking forward to it will see you there.

Out of interest how many City supporters do you expect to attend?

& will SL supply the cider?? :fingerscrossed:

Hi,

Looking forward to it will see you there.

Out of interest how many City supporters do you expect to attend?

& will SL supply the cider?? :fingerscrossed:

The attendance varies. From memory I think we had about 20+ at Rotherham, 70+ at Palace and 20+ at Norwich. These sessions actually work better in smaller groups versus the big Q&A's in the Dolman for example. It encourages much more of a dialogue and can tackle the issues facing the club and all fans, especially exiles.

As for the Cider, somehow I always end up buying the drinks for some reason :whistle2:

I'm pretty sure how he'd answer those 2 ...

1) Gary is the manager and he will pick the team. He probably is aware of the ongoing witch-hunt at Ashton Gate and probably sees it as counterproductive.

2) I'm sure that like most of us, he'd much rather that we play like Barcelona every week. He's probably realistic enough to assume that we won't. However, I'm sure that he does have faith that the manager will get results.

why don't you either a) go; or b) get one of these fans to ask for you - if they have the bottle.

I've never bothered to comment on Lee Johnson before and to be fair, it's up to Gary who he picks.

That said, given our squad, how many of you would have Johnson in your starting 11?

I personally wouldn't as i rate alot of our other midfielders ahead of him.

Don't be afraid to say you wouldn't! Inspite of what this forum sometimes implies, it doesn't mean you hate Bristol City, Gary Johnson or Lee Johnson. It just means you wouldn't pick him and accept he isn't that great.

I've never bothered to comment on Lee Johnson before and to be fair, it's up to Gary who he picks.

That said, given our squad, how many of you would have Johnson in your starting 11?

I personally wouldn't as i rate alot of others midfielders ahead of him.

Don't be afraid to say you wouldn't! Inspite of what this forum sometimes implies, it doesn't mean you hate Bristol City, Gary Johnson or Lee Johnson. It just means you wouldn't pick him and accept he isn't that great.

This is very true. I've been called "LJ lover" - but even I think he is now a squad member and wouldnt get into our first 11 when every player is fit.

This is very true. I've been called "LJ lover" - but even I think he is now a squad member and wouldnt get into our first 11 when every player is fit.

I agree that it's a little bit pointless going on about it, as everyone over the years can name players they would/would not pick.

On the other hand, the majority fans i talk to on a Saturday (most of them don't go on here), wouldn't pick Lee Johnson.

I suspect alot of forum members are like me and just choose not to go on about it, as it gets boring.

Guest ashtonyate

To answer two points first if Mr & Mrs Lansdown reads these post what is the point of the meeting at Derby.

second If you check back at all my post you will only see its this season I have started to speak out over Lee, the first and second season you could make out a case for him but he should have gone last summer.

To answer two points first if Mr & Mrs Lansdown reads these post what is the point of the meeting at Derby.

second If you check back at all my post you will only see its this season I have started to speak out over Lee, the first and second season you could make out a case for him but he should have gone last summer.

and been replaced with who?

Guest ashtonyate

some one better Lansdown is going on about the wage bill getting very near its limit so players like johnson & sproule need to be moved on like Scott Murry to free up wages

its what happen in football.

The point of meeting is to create a dialogue, not a one way diatribe, which is what used to happen when questions were posted online. It also removes anonymity, which encourages people to remove themselves from the safety of their keyboards. It also encourages people to think a bit more about the question they are going to ask and be prepared to debate the answer. It provides direct access to the chairman for supporters who don't get to Ashton Gate very often. I could go on.......

I'm not to sure who you bring into the squad to replace him, but as far as the first teams goes, Skuse does the same job, Marvin an even better job and I've only seen Sno twice, but would would argue that the early signs are he is far superior.

Archived