IGNORED

My Views On Today's Performance...

DaveF

We'll find out on Tuesday won't we. If he starts on Tuesday then I think it's fair to assume that he's back in the team and there's nothing anybody else can do about it.

Not really. If Skuse is fit, or if we have three fit centre backs and Johnson squeezes into the middle of a 3-5-3 ahead of one of Elliott, Hartley, Sno and Skuse, then I'll more than happily listen to you.

that means he'll start every week does it?

Yes it does, because since returning from illness he's started every week. I was joking really, just highlighting how absurd it is that the midfield gets juggled to suit him and quality players get shunted out of position. Lee wasn't that bad today, i applauded him off as usual. But Elliot was on the left because of LJ, this is ridiculous and reminds of the final - Elliot put to right back just so Lee could get on. Lee is not good enough for this level, and is certainly bottom of the pecking order when it comes to central midfielders at the club.

We'll find out on Tuesday won't we. If he starts on Tuesday then I think it's fair to assume that he's back in the team and there's nothing anybody else can do about it.

Well said.

Yes it does, because since returning from illness he's started every week. I was joking really, just highlighting how absurd it is that the midfield gets juggled to suit him and quality players get shunted out of position. Lee wasn't that bad today, i applauded him off as usual. But Elliot was on the left because of LJ, this is ridiculous and reminds of the final - Elliot put to right back just so Lee could get on. Lee is not good enough for this level, and is certainly bottom of the pecking order when it comes to central midfielders at the club.

If you want to re-open that little gem...

1. Why didn't Lee just get picked to start then? Because if Gary moves his players round to suit Lee, surely he could have done it for the play-off final?

2. Elliott played as a right back frequently for Millwall. McCombe dropped out with illness on the eve of the game so the alternative would have been to bring Vasko on and shift Carety out to right back - a position he hated.

Carle was keeping him out of the team i think, and hadn't he recently come back from injury? We had Vasko (a defender) on the bench who could've come on and left elliot in his strongest position which was my point anyway. IMO a defender would've been a better option that a midfielder who hadn't played RB for a season. Play marv in is best position, he's much better in the centre than out wide or at RB. Just my view of course. Didn't mean to re-open it, i'm a late comer to this excellent forum!

Carle was keeping him out of the team i think, and hadn't he recently come back from injury? We had Vasko (a defender) on the bench who could've come on and left elliot in his strongest position which was my point anyway. IMO a defender would've been a better option that a midfielder who hadn't played RB for a season. Play marv in is best position, he's much better in the centre than out wide or at RB. Just my view of course. Didn't mean to re-open it, i'm a late comer to this excellent forum!

I agree with you about not re-opening this! However...!, if GJ simply wanted to pick Lee, he would have done. Surely that's obvious? The problem with Vasko is that he couldn't really have played as right back, meaning that Carey would have moved to RB - leaving a very disrupted back line.

All water under the bridge now, and a shame about Orr. Probably the worst player to get injured on the day from the point of view of having a real lack of replacements.

Good points, yeah let's leave it. Should've joined the forum years ago!

I've just seen mccombe's play acting on TV. I'm honestly ashamed.

I hope the FA look at it and give him at least half a dozen matches on top of the one match ban he will get. We can do without that sort of rubbish from players representing our club. That might pass as OK in the Prem but players who do that in a red shirt can f00k right off as far as I am concerned.

Yes, he has - it doesn't mean he's guaranteed a spot.

Well, it would seem that he is.

How else would you explain the farce of Johnson playing centre midfield, with Elliott left wing, while more natural wide players such as Haynes, Sproule, and even Williams and Clarkson sat on the bench.

Dont forget Johnson was officially injured at the start season, thats why he wasnt playing in the first couple of games, and even (Gary) Johnson would have found it difficult to bring him straight back in after the reasonable start when he wasnt playing.

Not really. If Skuse is fit, or if we have three fit centre backs and Johnson squeezes into the middle of a 3-5-3 ahead of one of Elliott, Hartley, Sno and Skuse, then I'll more than happily listen to you.

Don't be ******* silly, we played four central midfielders today.

Of our SIX central midfielders, he is certainly the worst, but he's still getting in the side somehow.

We all know what your idea is Chappers. Lets cut the crap and admit that GJ's achilles heel is the continued selection of his boy when there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the team. A selection which causes the team to be unbalanced and is absolutely pointless when we have better options in Sno and Hartley to do the job. The lad can "do a job" at this level but has no genuine quality in his game whatsoever and the sooner he finds another club the better for all parties in my view - it actually wouldn't hurt Lee Johnson himself to forge a nice little career for himself away from the old man. And it might also do Bristol City Football Club a favour.

And anyone who thinks that certain squad players aren't having the same conversation amongst themselves is naive in the extreme.

I was trying not to offend! Personally, I think the guy is totally out of his depth at Championship level. I never wanted him to sign, simply because I do not like the idea of City being a 'Family Firm', that happens at small provincial Clubs, not one that is trying to be a major force in the Championship.

Archived