IGNORED

Manager Talk

Derk4City

So, suppose City were to lose a few more games and Johnson got the sack (which honestly i REALLY dont want to happen cus Johnson is great, i just wondered wanted your opinions on this), who would you want realistically to replace him. My choice would be Phil Brown at this very moment in time! Yes his Hull team beat City which cost us Premier League football blablabla, but his managing ability is superb. I am not going to compare him to Johnson because they are 2 very different great managers. Another reason i say this is because he is on the verge of being sacked and i think he would be a quality replacement if things go wrong with Johnson at City. Please dont hate me for this topic, i have faith in Johnson and i just wanted your opinions :)

As much as I hate his whingeing about officials there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Chris Coleman would do a cracking job at Ashton Gate. And the football would be a lot better than the pile of turds that Johnson is currently dishing up.

That made me laugh "the pile of turds Johnson is currently dishing up". Haha :D

While there is time for GJ to turn things around into an attacking feared battling force; remember there are other managers out there some have already been mentioned; he is not the only one. :noexpression:

We dont need a new manager, we just need someone who is not all self, pigheaded, can listen to supporters (we are all not wrong).

Play players where they play best, if players are not good enough for the next step, get rid of, (anyone).

Stop trying to play a certain system which is clearly not working. (admit your wrong)

GJ has it there, but it seems he is trying to impress the world of football, and not the supporters of BCFC.

Surely the most worrying thing is that we're even asking the question - Gary Johnson isn't irreplaceable but he's one of the very best managers Bristol City have ever had...

I might have agreed with you about a year ago but I am starting to form the opinion that GJ came along to a comotose club at EXACTLY the right time, changed a few attitudes that needed changing and woke us up but has proven that he has limited managerial ability at Championship level in terms of producing a team that can win matches AND play nice football. Plenty of managers have got smaller clubs than us out of League 1 on a shoestring budget (Nigel Adkins?) and GJ might turn out to be the most over-rated City manager of all time if he keeps churning out the boring $h1te that we are currently watching week after week.

Guest ashtonyate
Surely the most worrying thing is that we're even asking the question - Gary Johnson isn't irreplaceable but he's one of the very best managers Bristol City have ever had...

I am never quiet sure what it means one of the best managers we have had,does it mean he is that good or we have had some crap ones?.

I am never quiet sure what it means one of the best managers we have had,does it mean he is that good or we have had some crap ones?.

Far too many of the latter!

I think he's very good at what he does...one of the best outside the top flight. Whether he's good enough to get us there is a question he must surely be asking of himself every day.

:city: If not Johnson then Millen.

Millen took us to the Premier League! It was on Football Manager, but...

In all seriousness, Doncaster play nice football, so their manager could be a nice & cheap alternative. He might not attract great players, though.

I really hope Johnson can make us good again 'cos I'd hate to see him get sacked; but we do look like we've hit the glass ceiling. We need to break through, Charlie!

Phil Brown has lost the plot. His tactics stink however is a good motivator.

Singalongs at the end of last season when Hulls form was abysmal. Very lucky to stay up.

Even lucky to go up, was our bad luck rather than tactical mastertrokes that won them the play off final.

I'd rather have Bas Savage manage Bristol City before I see Phil Brown at Gary Johnson's desk

edit. or Mommainais Bokoto

Guest ashtonyate
Because Lansdown essentially bankrolls the club does he not??

Without him piling all this money in, we'd be forked.

So essentially, a lump sum like that would be paid by lansdown surely?

I don't think he gives the club money he just converts the loan to shares as far as I know,

although he tops the Club up the fans money is helping keep the club solvent.

Why he gave him a 5 year deal I will never know it serves no purpose, if the right Job came a long Johnson would go and if we when down or near relegation we would sack him.

So the contract is a wast of time a rolling 2 year deal is best for all parties.

I don't think he gives the club money he just converts the loan to shares as far as I know,

although he tops the Club up the fans money is helping keep the club solvent.

Why he gave him a 5 year deal I will never know it serves no purpose, if the right Job came a long Johnson would go and if we when down or near relegation we would sack him.

So the contract is a wast of time a rolling 2 year deal is best for all parties.

Yes, but at the time his stock was extremely high. Perhaps Johnson would only sign 5 years deal.

Judging by the crap gaffers SL's had before, he obviously thought it was worth it

Guest ashtonyate
Yes, but at the time his stock was extremely high. Perhaps Johnson would only sign 5 years deal.

Judging by the crap gaffers SL's had before, he obviously thought it was worth it

When we went bankrupt in 1982 one of the reason was we gave out long contracts I think Clive Whitehead had one for 9 years.

It was said then the must never go down that road again,yet SL did you must learn from your past.

Archived