IGNORED

Manager Talk

Derk4City

When we went bankrupt in 1982 one of the reason was we gave out long contracts I think Clive Whitehead had one for 9 years.

It was said then the must never go down that road again,yet SL did you must learn from your past.

This is saying something, but I cannot believe even you would sink so low as to criticise Steve Lansdown! I suppose he has only bank rolled the club for a few years and been part of some very good recent success. It's not the same as 1982 because SL has the slightly handy £300m (according to last Times Top 100 poll I believe) which would mean he could bail us out of almost any situation and there is no way a man of SL's integrity would leave us with bills we could not pay. He is a legend, but I guess no one is beyond your wrath when City aren't beating Man United every week. I really do feel sorry for you, it must be awful to see everything in such a negative fashion.

When we went bankrupt in 1982 one of the reason was we gave out long contracts I think Clive Whitehead had one for 9 years.

It was said then the must never go down that road again,yet SL did you must learn from your past.

It was 11 years actually, though how giving a player a contract of that length in 1980 equates to giving a successful manager one of five is completely beyond me.

To answer the original question those mentioning Curbishley have neglected the fact that he has regularly said he only wants to manage in the Prem, though I expect some on here think we could attract Mourihno anyway........

We dont need a new manager, we just need someone who is not all self, pigheaded, can listen to supporters (we are all not wrong).

Play players where they play best, if players are not good enough for the next step, get rid of, (anyone).

Stop trying to play a certain system which is clearly not working. (admit your wrong)

GJ has it there, but it seems he is trying to impress the world of football, and not the supporters of BCFC.

Great! So now all he needs to do is work out which supporters are right about which players and which system! Considering the number of opinions on this increasingly bizarre forum, that would be an incredible task.

We could always get rid of the manager and have a vote on who plays in what position and each formation before every game. Ridiculous no?

Show me a Manager that panders to the fans opinions and I will show you a bad Manager. We saw that with the previous one didn't we?

Guest ashtonyate
It was 11 years actually, though how giving a player a contract of that length in 1980 equates to giving a successful manager one of five is completely beyond me.

To answer the original question those mentioning Curbishley have neglected the fact that he has regularly said he only wants to manage in the Prem, though I expect some on here think we could attract Mourihno anyway........

I can only see one advantage of a 5 year contract that is if he went to another club we would get some money for him.

On the other hand if we sack him we would have to pay up his contract.

A rolling contract is fair on everybody

I can only see one advantage of a 5 year contract that is if he went to another club we would get some money for him.

On the other hand if we sack him we would have to pay up his contract.

A rolling contract is fair on everybody

A key part of why teams tie up players/managers on long term deals is that were a bigger club to come in for them then the club would be in a position to demand a lot of money. Thus it serves as a decentive to clubs trying to poach somebody who we want at the club. Were GJ to be on a rolling contract then we would not be in a position to demand compensation money, and another club could approach him and he would go for free not £2m or so.

A rolling contract is not fair on the club, because it would mean teams with more resources could just tempt away and steal the best players/managers for free, therefore it would not be fair on everyone would it?

Great! So now all he needs to do is work out which supporters are right about which players and which system! Considering the number of opinions on this increasingly bizarre forum, that would be an incredible task.

We could always get rid of the manager and have a vote on who plays in what position and each formation before every game. Ridiculous no?

Show me a Manager that panders to the fans opinions and I will show you a bad Manager. We saw that with the previous one didn't we?

I can see where he is coming from though. Johnson IS CLEARLY using a format that is not working, we need some width in the team aswell. In my opinion: No Width = No Saborio. His best attribute is his head, and if he does get it on the ground which would be around 50% of the time, then he would lay it to Maynard to crack one in :)

The only manager I want at this club is Gary Johnson. We are in a far better position than when he came to the club and I do not believe that he's taken us as far as he can.

Obviously I'd like to finish in the play offs this season but even a mid table finish would be enough to justify giving him another season. Expectations have gone up far too quickly in my opinion - dont run before you can walk and all that.

As much as I hate his whingeing about officials there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Chris Coleman would do a cracking job at Ashton Gate. And the football would be a lot better than the pile of turds that Johnson is currently dishing up.

I agree with you because Chris Coleman would be a realistic manager at this club because we'd never attract the likes of a managerial genius like Jose Morinho. I know it's been done to death on this forum but I really am concerned about Lee Johnson being put in central midfield when we now have far better attacking central midfielders for that position.

Archived