IGNORED

Lost The Plot

sh1t_ref_again

Totally lost the plot

No not another lets sack GJ post, but a get real post to the small band of short memoried moaners who are bombarding the forum (always the same few) with the "end of the world is neigh" posts, trying to whip up a lets get rid of GJ histeria.

No doubt these are the same people putting the servers in to melt down over the excitment of our recent signings, lose or draw a couple of games and alls lost.

I would also like me beloved team to win ever game 5-0, but when its not happening you need to get behind the team and support them. Whilst I not saying we should not debate the merits or different views, the over reaction is beyond belief.

I am still very excited about this season with the best squad and manager I can remember since Alan Dicks, but for some, lose a game and that not good enough.

GJ - has taken us up, established us as a good championship side who are respected by other teams, brought in lots of exciting new players (do you think we would have Sno ect if it was not for GJ?)

But new players, new formations all takes time where they have showed patches of excellent football. To me the club is moving forward fast and will end the season towards the playoffs.

I don't agree with all the tactis, players being used (LJ), but I am in no rush to get rid of a manager who has taken us to where we are now and building a team to take us to the next step.

So get real, the grass is not always greener on the other side

Totally lost the plot

No not another lets sack GJ post, but a get real post to the small band of short memoried moaners who are bombarding the forum (always the same few) with the "end of the world is neigh" posts, trying to whip up a lets get rid of GJ histeria.

No doubt these are the same people putting the servers in to melt down over the excitment of our recent signings, lose or draw a couple of games and alls lost.

I would also like me beloved team to win ever game 5-0, but when its not happening you need to get behind the team and support them. Whilst I not saying we should not debate the merits or different views, the over reaction is beyond belief.

I am still very excited about this season with the best squad and manager I can remember since Alan Dicks, but for some, lose a game and that not good enough.

GJ - has taken us up, established us as a good championship side who are respected by other teams, brought in lots of exciting new players (do you think we would have Sno ect if it was not for GJ?)

But new players, new formations all takes time where they have showed patches of excellent football. To me the club is moving forward fast and will end the season towards the playoffs.

I don't agree with all the tactis, players being used (LJ), but I am in no rush to get rid of a manager who has taken us to where we are now and building a team to take us to the next step.

Good post ;)

Totally lost the plot

I agree 100% with everything you have said. Great post

Totally lost the plot

I think you need to get real. We have teh best squad that we have had in years but are very poor. There must be a reason for that.

Totally lost the plot

What are you talking about?! Do you think GJ is the ONLY manager in the whole world that can bring in a decent loan signing? Im sure plenty of other managers would/could have got Sno...Yes Sno is an excellent addition, but dont you think a winger would have been the better option, after all we only have 6! central midfield players?!!

Are you not worried at our lack of width, the fact that the only winger we have at the club is pretty useless?

I am far from a doom and gloomer but the unbalance in the squad has gone beyond the point of a joke now. Whos to say the grass isnt greener? Im starting to question GJ i really am, if a manager just say for arguments sake Chris Coleman had the resources SL would make avaliable do you think we would be playing the way we are barely scoring more than 1 a game?

Gj has done very well nobodys disputing that fact, but he is not un-touchable by any means. If thiings carry on this way then yes i think a change of manager (SHOCK HORROR!) could be the best thing to take us foward.

I think you need to get real. We have teh best squad that we have had in years but are very poor. There must be a reason for that.

Yes you are correct, there is a reason - its new players getting to know each other, having a fit squad not suffering from the effects of a virus & time without fans getting on their backs and over reacting to a couple of poor performances

Totally lost the plot

There are no lets sack GJ posts,

We are not good enough to pressurise teams and draw and lose games we should be winning

We have the players they are being held back though on a tight leash

My opinon is, we are gonna have to score in the first half if we are to mount any sort of play off challenge

Money brought these players here and maybe a promise of more games than they were getting

Dont all clubs have new players and injuries come to that

I am in no rush to "get rid" either he will/or will not do that all by himself

Very true but sometimes it is as well

Just my opinions like :farmer:

Yes you are correct, there is a reason - its new players getting to know each other, having a fit squad not suffering from the effects of a virus & time without fans getting on their backs and over reacting to a couple of poor performances

That would explain poor performances from players not clicking and not working, but there have not been that many examples of players playing poorly this season, i can only think of a couple of times when i've come away from a game thinking any players have had a particularly poor game, the poor performances actually have very little to do with the players, either getting to know each other or playing poorly, if it was people wouldn't be as concerned as well it's just a bad patch. It's almost entirely down to the tactics (or lack there of) that is the problem and the squad we seem to have doesn't actually have anything required to play any system particularly well.

We lack any wide players to play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 properly, and we have no wing backs capable of employing a 3-5-2 to it's full effect either, we've gone from a side last season that could employ a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 to reasonable effect to a side capable of employing no system to any particular effect.

And that has sod all to do with players learning a system and has everything to do with not actually having the players capable of actually using the formations to their effect, and the only person that can be held responsible for this is GJ.

It's not Orr's fault he's a bloody good right back but pretty god awful going forward so therefore rather unsuited to the more attacking role a wing back plays, it's not McAllisters fault that he's good at getting into positions but his delivery from open play is often poor, it's not any of our 23,000 central midfielders fault they can't play on the wing or out wide, Its not maynards fault that with no service he's only scoring wonder goals, it's not Hartley, Johnson, Elliot, Skuse, Williams, Sno's fault that they have no outlet when under pressure, bacuse there is no width making it very, very easy for the opposition to tighten their midfield up pressure them, forcing them to go back to the defence to just lump it long.

You can tell when a team is getting used to each other, as they have trouble finding each other and have to take longer to see their team mates rather than just knowing where they are, but our players know exactly where the rest of the team are and that's in the middle of the park with nobody out wide.

If it were a case of players playing poorly or just getting used to each other then fair enough, but it really dowsn't look like that, it just looks like Johnson is being outmanaged by most of his opposite numbers from the team sheet to the end of 90 minutes.

It's not just a couple of bad performances tho is it? We havn't won away since Reading last season. We only ever score 1 goal if we score at all and that's usually late on in a game. We havn't scored a first half goal all season(it wasn't much better last season) We have some very attacking players but play so cautiously and havn't got any real wingers. I'm not saying we need to get rid of him but our goal scoring record with him has been poor and his tactics and substitutions have cost us games that we should have really won. A lot of offfield stuff goes on that we are unaware of and that can also affect performances. It's sad when my club says there is a virus but I find it hard to believe what they are saying.

Guest ashtonyate
As I keep saying, too many people on this forum are incapable of seing the bigger picture, and make sweeping statements based on the last game or two. Thats why I dont bother posting here much...

That's the trouble posters are seeing the bigger picture in vistavision for the last 3 years

and they want a change in tactics.

Totally lost the plot

I'm sure this topic has been covered numerous times on the forum in recent weeks and it's still the same thing being said.

As I keep saying, too many people on this forum are incapable of seing the bigger picture, and make sweeping statements based on the last game or two. Thats why I dont bother posting here much...
If I was SL I would be very unhappy with this big picture he has brought.

true but the reality is we played decent football in the first half, have a decent squad and have a had a decent start to the season - some people don't want to accept that particular set of realities.

But only had 1 shot on target in the whole game against a side who a lot of people have been saying are really poor, and we lost. It goes back last season, you cant judge gary untill the end of the season we kept getting told. the season finished on a serious low after watching some really poor football. now we have to listen to the wait untill the virus clears up. how many excuses are we gonna have to hear this season?

true but the reality is we played decent football in the first half, have a decent squad and have a had a decent start to the season - some people don't want to accept that particular set of realities.

We played OK first half- not amazing. I think we have a decent squad except for the lack of wingers and 13 points from 9 games is an average start. The most worrying aspects for me are the negative tactics at home when winning and the goal difference.

But only had 1 shot on target in the whole game against a side who a lot of people have been saying are really poor, and we lost. It goes back last season, you cant judge gary untill the end of the season we kept getting told. the season finished on a serious low after watching some really poor football. now we have to listen to the wait untill the virus clears up. how many excuses are we gonna have to hear this season?

A serious low? god help us if we dropped to the bottom half!

And? that was last season. I could say... what about January and february? we were amazing!!

Its call FORM. and its gone. think about this season

Yeah your right about our form in january and february, it was good. Im just thinking that the silly mistakes and errors that ruined our end of last season are still with us, dont you think?

Yes, but they dont amount to a "serious low"

maybe a serious low might be a bit much, but to end the season with 1 win in the last 10 aint to good.anyway we are on about this season now. Im not in the starting to think johnson has gone as far as he can camp, Im just starting to get frustrated by the style of football. I know we have had a virus going round, but now that has cleared up id like to see some better football. I just dont know what to expect from them when we play blackpool

maybe a serious low might be a bit much, but to end the season with 1 win in the last 10 aint to good.anyway we are on about this season now. Im not in the starting to think johnson has gone as far as he can camp, Im just starting to get frustrated by the style of football. I know we have had a virus going round, but now that has cleared up id like to see some better football. I just dont know what to expect from them when we play blackpool

I was'nt at the game, but watching the hightlights of the first half, we played some terrific football... as we did at times against scunny...

I'm confident we're going in the right direction.

Archived