IGNORED

Lost The Plot

sh1t_ref_again

true but the reality is we played decent football in the first half, have a decent squad and have a had a decent start to the season - some people don't want to accept that particular set of realities.

We just want some goals megansdad, that's not too much to ask surely?

If you were in a position to attend every match, rather than being delighted to have the opportunity of actually getting down the Gate once in a blue moon after making a Herculian effort, I think you'd be far more frustrated.

It's all very well remaining extremely positive from afar, however we all know absence makes the heart grow fonder, and the reality is, week by week, following City can be hard going these days. A bit drab, with far too few highlights.

It really doesn't take that much to keep football fans happy - we hanker after entertainment and goals, not continuous near misses and excuses.

Totally lost the plot

No not another lets sack GJ post, but a get real post to the small band of short memoried moaners who are bombarding the forum (always the same few) with the "end of the world is neigh" posts, trying to whip up a lets get rid of GJ histeria.

No doubt these are the same people putting the servers in to melt down over the excitment of our recent signings, lose or draw a couple of games and alls lost.

I would also like me beloved team to win ever game 5-0, but when its not happening you need to get behind the team and support them. Whilst I not saying we should not debate the merits or different views, the over reaction is beyond belief.

I am still very excited about this season with the best squad and manager I can remember since Alan Dicks, but for some, lose a game and that not good enough.

GJ - has taken us up, established us as a good championship side who are respected by other teams, brought in lots of exciting new players (do you think we would have Sno ect if it was not for GJ?)

But new players, new formations all takes time where they have showed patches of excellent football. To me the club is moving forward fast and will end the season towards the playoffs.

I don't agree with all the tactis, players being used (LJ), but I am in no rush to get rid of a manager who has taken us to where we are now and building a team to take us to the next step.

So get real, the grass is not always greener on the other side

Were you at the Derby game?

true but the reality is we played decent football in the first half, have a decent squad and have a had a decent start to the season - some people don't want to accept that particular set of realities.

Some other realities are:-

Only four Championship teams have scored less goals than us.

We haven't scored more than two goals in a game this season.

We have only managed two goals twice in eleven matches.

We have gone scoreless four times in eleven matches.

Not one midfield player of ours has scored from open play this season.

Not one single goal has been scored in the first half by us in eleven matches this season.

If Nicky Maynard couldn't shoot from 25 yards we would hardly have a goal to our name.

There is a recurring theme in the above and that is exactly what many people want to see GARY JOHSNON (not any other manager) put right.

It's not just a couple of bad performances tho is it? We havn't won away since Reading last season. We only ever score 1 goal if we score at all and that's usually late on in a game. We havn't scored a first half goal all season(it wasn't much better last season) We have some very attacking players but play so cautiously and havn't got any real wingers. I'm not saying we need to get rid of him but our goal scoring record with him has been poor and his tactics and substitutions have cost us games that we should have really won. A lot of offfield stuff goes on that we are unaware of and that can also affect performances. It's sad when my club says there is a virus but I find it hard to believe what they are saying.

Eh? How do you know its going on then?

We just want some goals megansdad, that's not too much to ask surely?

If you were in a position to attend every match, rather than being delighted to have the opportunity of actually getting down the Gate once in a blue moon after making a Herculian effort, I think you'd be far more frustrated.

It's all very well remaining extremely positive from afar, however we all know absence makes the heart grow fonder, and the reality is, week by week, following City can be hard going these days. A bit drab, with far too few highlights.

It really doesn't take that much to keep football fans happy - we hanker after entertainment and goals, not continuous near misses and excuses.

Fair point Nogbad - I expect we will get goals and the way we played against S****horpe I think when we get them they will be good ones. Just think patience is needed as the new playewrs settle and the rest of the squad recovers from illness.

Were you at the Derby game?

No, I was not, but did watch about 15 minutes on city player, where we played some excellent football and could have been 4 up by half time. It seems to be reported every where and including reports by Derby fans that McCombes moment of madness changed and cost us the game.

I not saying we are playing brilliant football all the time (although we have in patches), my post was to say I think their is a silly over reaction to a couple of poor performances and a certain few posters who wish to promote the lets get rid of GJ debate.

As a season ticket holder of over 25 years and supporter much longer, I have seen an awful lot worse squads, managers, tatics and played most of them at a lower level. It seems we over achived by reaching the playoffs, had a good season with a poor finish last year. Therefore the manager has go out and brought in some very good players who now needs time to get it right, which I have no doubt he and they will.

No, I was not, but did watch about 15 minutes on city player, where we played some excellent football and could have been 4 up by half time. It seems to be reported every where and including reports by Derby fans that McCombes moment of madness changed and cost us the game.

I not saying we are playing brilliant football all the time (although we have in patches), my post was to say I think their is a silly over reaction to a couple of poor performances and a certain few posters who wish to promote the lets get rid of GJ debate.

As a season ticket holder of over 25 years and supporter much longer, I have seen an awful lot worse squads, managers, tatics and played most of them at a lower level. It seems we over achived by reaching the playoffs, had a good season with a poor finish last year. Therefore the manager has go out and brought in some very good players who now needs time to get it right, which I have no doubt he and they will.

I'm not sure there are really that many posters promoting "GJ out" unless I have missed a thread or two. Some people are just getting a little frustrated with the tactics and entertainment side of things. The best way is for people to give it a while (a couple of months should be enough) and either pat GJ on the back for eventually get it right (and you can gloat all you like to the likes of me and say "I told you so" - I would be genuinely happy if that turns out to be the case) or, if he is unable to bring us attacking and exciting football on a regular basis then there deserves to be a debate on here examining the reasons why he is unable to do that without people being made to feel like they have committed a crime in questioning the methods of GJ!!

I'm not sure there are really that many posters promoting "GJ out" unless I have missed a thread or two. Some people are just getting a little frustrated with the tactics and entertainment side of things. The best way is for people to give it a while (a couple of months should be enough) and either pat GJ on the back for eventually get it right (and you can gloat all you like to the likes of me and say "I told you so" - I would be genuinely happy if that turns out to be the case) or, if he is unable to bring us attacking and exciting football on a regular basis then there deserves to be a debate on here examining the reasons why he is unable to do that without people being made to feel like they have committed a crime in questioning the methods of GJ!!

If we are in the bottom 6 of the table in the New Year, with no sign of improvement then I am sure many people (including me) will rightly question GJ judgement in respect of the players he has brought in,, style of play, number of goals, tactics etc etc, but my point is some posters are already doing that before any number of games to judge the new team of tactics. Give them and GJ the time to rise or fall before we start moaning.

We have in my opinion a much better squad, have had some problems with a virus so have been unable to field a settled side who are learning each others game, but I do think we will have plenty of goals when the side clicks.

Its easy to moan and say what we should do with hind sight after a game, who should have played where or who should have been subbed, but with hind sight I would have 6 numbers on the lottery last week!

But I can also say with fore sight that if I am right I will not come back on and gloat!

Archived