IGNORED

Did You All Get A Parking Space Tonight ?

Frome Red

Always take the motorbike to night games - so no problems(although there were a lot more MB's last night).

Only caught it out of the corner of my eye as I drove past, but was somebody charging to park in the industrial estate by the Ship and Castle last night(thought I saw a bloke in a yellow reflective jacket standing in the middle of the road).

Given the crowd was lower than expected (at least what I expected), parking issues were eased I reckon.

Just wait for Cardiff to arrive later in the season.

I wonder how many stayed away last night. Blackpool or no Blackpool it will have put a few off who normally park in the basin / Winerstoke area.

I got to the game at about 19.00 and still got my normal space just off winterstoke road and was home in Frome by 22.25 that was with leaving at the final whistle, it will be interesting to see what it will be like for a saturday game, I think it may be just as easy even with the extra 1500 - 2000 fans as more fans (Living in Bristol) will probley leave cars behind.

Parked where we always park - past ship & castle - albeit a bit further back than normal

Had a quick celebratory Blackthorn in the red & white after game to let traffic clear and drove out approx 10.15 no problems at all

Based on last night ....it appears to be better and helps traffic clear a lot quicker

As for the poster who asked about charging to park round past S&C ----yes there is a carpark you can pay to park in (behind the auctions) but why bother when its free on the rest of the estate?

Parked where we always park - past ship & castle - albeit a bit further back than normal

Had a quick celebratory Blackthorn in the red & white after game to let traffic clear and drove out approx 10.15 no problems at all

Based on last night ....it appears to be better and helps traffic clear a lot quicker

As for the poster who asked about charging to park round past S&C ----yes there is a carpark you can pay to park in (behind the auctions) but why bother when its free on the rest of the estate?

This is what i thought aswell.. I think this new scheme will really be put to test on the bigger attendances tbh, if we start getting 16/17/18 k again i think there could be some major problems..

No problem parking at all but I always arrive early. I was in the BS3 by 6pm. As others have said getting away after the game was much quicker.

The attendence was approx 1000 down on recent saturday games - at a guess a thousand more fans would mean maybe another 200 cars so last night wasn't a real indication of how it will work.

Gary Johnsons take on it

Paul Hartley was robbed of us an hour before kick-off," the manager continued. "We had to call up John Akinde and get him to the ground in time to be on the bench. He struggled like most of the fans because of all those double yellow lines Banksy has been out painting on the roads around the stadium!

:D

loads must have parked in Ashton Drive.

BCAGFC

Empty when I left for the pub about 6pm.

Iwas dragged up the Dove Cote for a pint last night as some friends went for a prematch meal and pint in there and I noticed the slip road joining the A370 from Ashton has no yellow lines and people parked there by 6:15. Some were moving the cones as well to squeeze in the last 'possible' spaces. Not sure if they got towed away though.

The road from the Dove Cote was full by 6:15.

MM

Empty when I left for the pub about 6pm.

Iwas dragged up the Dove Cote for a pint last night as some friends went for a prematch meal and pint in there and I noticed the slip road joining the A370 from Ashton has no yellow lines and people parked there by 6:15. Some were moving the cones as well to squeeze in the last 'possible' spaces. Not sure if they got towed away though.

The road from the Dove Cote was full by 6:15.

MM

I parked near the Dovecote at about 6.15 too and a few were moving cones after me. It seemed those cars were there when I left.

Archived