IGNORED

Adam Baker - Bcfc Player Was Down!

BristolBEAT

Just to restore some balance, it worked PERFECTLY for me over here throughout the entire match. It still is..

Well thats no good to us !! We can't even come round to yours to listen cus you live too away :laugh:

Sort it out please otherwise i shall be cancelling my subscription

I don't think its fair to lambast Adam for it. You need to be making your complaints towards PTV rather than the editor of our main site..

it's a bit like a toaster (for instance) breaking down (within warranty) the advice from consumer protection groups is return it to the shop where you bought it ie. BCFC, I seem to recall Adam Baker stating about a month ago that BCFC had spoken to the provider and things would improve, clearly they haven't and today was a very important game (that many people have been looking forward since the fixture list was released).

I understand the 'circling of the wagons' around Mr Baker but unfortunately he is like the manager of my imaginary store where I bought the bloody toaster, comes with the territory.

mine was down too.

I also missed the Derby game because it said my account was "inactive."

sent them an email, and it was back for Blackpool game, however no apology, and because there is no phone number you can't actually guarantee anything being done.

Thanks for all comments in this thread.

The issues seems to have affected some, but not all listeners today which is very strange - and often inconsistent issues like these are difficult to diagnose. Just looking on the Football League web forum, no other media officers have posted about Player commentary problems today, so I'm assuming it did just affect us.

I will, of course, raise this with Perform Group (formerly PTV) on Monday morning when they're back in.

To clarify one point that "all season weve had commentary interupted by drop outs" is neither true or even accurate. We've played 13 games this season. Of those games Preston (Radio Bristol stuck in same traffic as fans missing first 10 mins), Carlisle (drop-outs) and Newcastle (cut-out) has been affected.

I'm not what anyone could do for the Preston game, it was after all a fatal traffic accident. And we patched in commentary from BBC Lancs for the first 10 mins, so fans didn't miss a kick.

After Carlisle I spoke to Radio Bristol and the affected ISDN kit that was causing the drop-outs was fixed by Monday PM. No problems of this ilk since.

Newcastle - I'll follow up in similar fashion.

Having said all that, it should be seemless, we shouldn't have these issues, and I apologise to those affected today.

On the plus side you can now enjoy post-match interviews with Gary and Dean Gerken, plus more than 13 minutes of highlights from 4.30pm tomorrow (today now!).

Adam Baker

Head of Media

Thanks for all comments in this thread.

The issues seems to have affected some, but not all listeners today which is very strange - and often inconsistent issues like these are difficult to diagnose. Just looking on the Football League web forum, no other media officers have posted about Player commentary problems today, so I'm assuming it did just affect us.

I will, of course, raise this with Perform Group (formerly PTV) on Monday morning when they're back in.

To clarify one point that "all season weve had commentary interupted by drop outs" is neither true or even accurate. We've played 13 games this season. Of those games Preston (Radio Bristol stuck in same traffic as fans missing first 10 mins), Carlisle (drop-outs) and Newcastle (cut-out) has been affected.

I'm not what anyone could do for the Preston game, it was after all a fatal traffic accident. And we patched in commentary from BBC Lancs for the first 10 mins, so fans didn't miss a kick.

After Carlisle I spoke to Radio Bristol and the affected ISDN kit that was causing the drop-outs was fixed by Monday PM. No problems of this ilk since.

Newcastle - I'll follow up in similar fashion.

Having said all that, it should be seemless, we shouldn't have these issues, and I apologise to those affected today.

On the plus side you can now enjoy post-match interviews with Gary and Dean Gerken, plus more than 13 minutes of highlights from 4.30pm tomorrow (today now!).

Adam Baker

Head of Media

Hi Adam,

Thanks for letting us know what is going on with player but I would like to let you know that I have had problems with player this year with momentary drop outs at far more away games than you seem to be aware of. I have had problems with the obvious 3 you mentioned plus Swansea and Derby. I had just assumed that it was my connection or because I am using an OS in RC but as others have said something I thought I would add my 2p worth.

I have had problems for the last couple of seasons so i didnt bother to subscribe this season. So frustrating. Pay for a service you expect it to work.

And there lies the crux of the matter. At the end of the day we pay money for a service that at the moment isn`t a patch on what it used to be. Any more cock ups like today ( i lost virtually the whole of the 2nd half ) and i`ll be cancelling my subscription. OK so it`s only a few quid a month but it will soon hurt if hundreds of people do it.

PDG

Very little smpithathy for arriving late for at a football match in connection with the preston game

That is just just poor planning its 193 miles to preston and 293 miles to Newcastle

Its not the fault of the commentator,thats the fault of BBC Bristol for not dispatching the commentator early enough

BBC World, never been a fan of it,but for those who live outside of the Bristol area it must a must

Having said that if BBC World is such a wonderfull product,why is thier this free trial on offer at the moment

If you provide/have an excellent service/product you don't need special offers to sell it.

If you would like to hear a FULL match radio recording of the City game at Newcastle

or the excellent thrashing of the dark side 5-1 contact me

Finally it was announced on FRIDAY that the featured match on BBC Five live EXTRA

was Newcastle v Bristol City so what happened between FRIDAY and 2:45pm on SATURDAY?

It was changed to Barnsley v Ipswich

Any one know the connection between BBC Bristol and Barnsley?

just ask the dark side(in private of course)

I have had problems for the last couple of seasons so i didnt bother to subscribe this season. So frustrating. Pay for a service you expect it to work.

its not been good ever really constant drop outs and the like.

unless it improves a lot this will be my last season to subscribe.

please note some of the natives are restless

Pezo/Stawey - I certainly had no reports of drop-outs in either of the Swansea or Derby games. There is a big difference between drop-outs like that suffered for the Carlisle (which was a fault with the ISDN) and buffering (remembering its an improved quality output. Did you e-mail customerservices@performgroup.com with your issues about the Derby/Swansea matches? That's the best route, copying in media@bcfc.co.uk at the same time as well so we have a record at the club of any issues. Neither I or Perform received any e-mails for those games.

pdgifford64 - Clearly we don't want to lose your custom and, as mentioned, I'll be chasing BBC/Perform to put things right with whatever happened yesterday.

John - I think it's highly insensitive to criticise Radio Bristol for not getting to a game when delayed by a fatal accident, especially as so many City fans were also caught in the same traffic. Not sure what this BBC World is you talk of, but re: BCFC Player and the free offer. It's down to marketing, ask Mr Murdoch at the next Sky AGM why they offer free deals for their services - which I'm sure you'll agree is second-to-none. As for the BBC Five Live Extra, I'm not sure why they ditched us for Barnsley v Ipswich (perhaps the Roy Keane factor, which was a good idea ultimately as he lost it with reporters yesterday) - anyway we all make mistakes. ;-)

Regards,

Adam

Archived