IGNORED

Gerken Or Basso

Frome Red

Deano without a shadow of a doubt.

And it's Deano for me too. Like others, was worried he'd been put back in the firing line too early today, but sounds as if he came up trumps. Radio Bristol commentators raved about his double save in the second half. Looking forward to hearing about those, and his play in general when our fans get back.

I still have great admiration for Adriano Basso and think there is little or no difference between him and Dean Gerkin so, for the time being we're in a very good position for keepers but my number 1 choice would be Gerkin. He's younger than Basso with little difference as I have said but I think he will improve whereas Basso will start to decline in the next year or two. Already Basso is suffering niggling injuries such as the one today and that will only get worse.

I still have great admiration for Adriano Basso and think there is little or no difference between him and Dean Gerkin so, for the time being we're in a very good position for keepers but my number 1 choice would be Gerkin. He's younger than Basso with little difference as I have said but I think he will improve whereas Basso will start to decline in the next year or two. Already Basso is suffering niggling injuries such as the one today and that will only get worse.

Basso is playing for personal pride now, but he shows continued professionalism on the pitch and in training.

Gerken however, is really hungry to forge a career with us, and that, combined with his obvious ability, are mightily attractive qualities.

Was Basso actually injured? From what I have heard from GJ to me it seems more like he wasn't fired up for the game or looked disinterested in what was a massive game so GJ replaced him but had to say he was injured in order to make the change.

Was Basso actually injured? From what I have heard from GJ to me it seems more like he wasn't fired up for the game or looked disinterested in what was a massive game so GJ replaced him but had to say he was injured in order to make the change.

I thought that too. Strange comments by GJ. As for the answer to the original question it is a complete no brainer - Gerkin is our Numero Uno.

He was grimacing after the warm up and holding his groin. GJ asked him if he was OK and he admitted he'd hurt himself warming up.

Boring but true.

Archived