IGNORED

Read This.

dargla

WTF! 'little known' - not to real supporters outside the Prem he's not

Glamorous surrondings? FFS, it's St James Park, not the Bernabau

Average dug out in the Championship? A dug out is a dug out, my friend

What a load of patronising sh1te. I would love it if they don't go up this season, come play in the real world lads.

And this from a club that haven't won anything in my life time, and who's 'messiah' tried getting £25m off their owner last week. And yet, somehow, when Hughton gets the sack, for not being a big enough name, despite the fantastic job he's doing there, they will call for King Kev to 'come home'. They really have got what they've deserved up there.

To be honest, I'm glad the game is out of the way. All this b0llocks about it being our cup final, they are a Championship club now, they are at our level. Roll on Peterborough, Plymouth, Barnsley - real clubs.

Agreed, he may well have covered certain ,selected, salient points correctly but the whole tone of the piece is unbalanced and condescending.

Here comes this humble side - Bristol City, is it ? who seek to make a name for themselves in our palatial world-class stadium- so obviously superior to what they are used to.

Newcastle in the championship ? - obviously an temporary aberration.

Agreed, he may well have covered certain ,selected, salient points correctly but the whole tone of the piece is unbalanced and condescending.

Here comes this humble side - Bristol City, is it ? who seek to make a name for themselves in our palatial world-class stadium- so obviously superior to what they are used to.

Newcastle in the championship ? - obviously an temporary aberration.

As one poster said, the author is selling papers in newcastle. I am sure our fans would be biased in some way if one of us wrote it. Now, it is up to us to put City at the top..... easy innit...

Naff all wrong with it..............we came we saw we did very little but defend and got a slightly lucky but all the same very good point - its spot on

I thought that too. OK, it's a little bit patronising but the article is being written for a Geordie audience not a West Country one in order to dramatise what they would consider a disappointing 0-0 draw. In fact much of the story is about US, albieit slightly exagerated to provide a better read, and to be fair I wouldn't expect the guy to know that 99% of Bristol City fans consider Dean Gerken to be the Numero Uno now at the Gate. Jesus, I bet Andy Stockhausen doesn't know that either!! As some have commented at least the Geordie reporter is "Geordie biased" which is a lot more than we get from the Evening Gas to be fair.

I thought that too. OK, it's a little bit patronising but the article is being written for a Geordie audience not a West Country one in order to dramatise what they would consider a disappointing 0-0 draw. In fact much of the story is about US, albieit slightly exagerated to provide a better read, and to be fair I wouldn't expect the guy to know that 99% of Bristol City fans consider Dean Gerken to be the Numero Uno now at the Gate. Jesus, I bet Andy Stockhausen doesn't know that either!! As some have commented at least the Geordie reporter is "Geordie biased" which is a lot more than we get from the Evening Gas to be fair.

Crap journalism then! Surely he should do a little ground work on us before the game!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the tone of it at all - just the way we're made out to be little Bristol City playing the biggest game in our history.

Crap journalism then! Surely he should do a little ground work on us before the game!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the tone of it at all - just the way we're made out to be little Bristol City playing the biggest game in our history.

It's not crap journalism to think that Adriano Basso is our number 1 keeper unless you read this forum or personally know supporters of the club and I don't think the guy needs to be going to those lengths to find out about Bristol City when writing for his Newcastle newspaper. If we're going to save our anger for newpapers and journalists I can think of one or two a lot closer to home who we might focus our attention on.

Most people now see us as a reasonable, solid, run of the mill Championship outfit (except Crystal Palace supporters who have always hated us) so if one hack in Newcastle goes a bit over the top then I certainly ain't losing any sleep over it. Better than being a run of the mill lower league outfit that we were not so long ago. A few more seasons in here (or better) and we'll lose the small time tag, thats for sure.

Archived