IGNORED

The Midfield Messiah

Rocky

He was no worse than Lee Johnson, but in his defence, at least he put in some very good performances towards the arse end of that season to put him in the shop window allowing us to recieve 1 million for him. I can't remember who the last 1 million pound midfielder we had, there can't have been many.

i rated him but we were right to sell, it was a great bit of business

if this was at the start of the summer transfer window i wouldve been happy to see us resign him but it isnt, we've added immense quality to our midfield and weve got gavin williams who i think is as good and he cant get into the starting 11

as much as 200k would be a great price it would also be a pointless signing and we only really need to sign a left midfield player and a centre back

Carle is a tantalizing player. Whenever I've seen him in action I've gained the impression that he's about to do something brilliant and occasionally- very occasionally- he does.

You've answered your own question.

Carle was an enigma.

We sold him for a million to Palace and now he's their enigma.

Where Eagles dare.

My view is that at the time he was the best midfielder at the club and definitely better than Johnson. But not we have bigger and better options in Hartley and Sno so I have no complaints anymore about him being sold.

I also rate Sno and Hartley far more highly than Carle but that's not to say that Carle isn't a very good footballer. With the right manager Nick Carle will excel.

Phillips

Coles Keogh Blackman

Carle Doherty Brown Clist Noble

Bridges Stewart Gillespie

I accept that Noble is injured and Blackman has only just left, But hey a team of 11 players who left in recent and past seasons and according quite a few posters should never have been allowed to leave, all them went on to bigger and better things.

Phillips

Coles Keogh Blackman

Carle Doherty Brown Clist Noble

Bridges Stewart Gillespie

I accept that Noble is injured and Blackman has only just left, But hey a team of 11 players who left in recent and past seasons and according quite a few posters should never have been allowed to leave, all them went on to bigger and better things.

I have absolutely no doubt that Danny Coles Aaron Brown and Tommy Doc would have been established CCC players had they not suffered bad injuries when at that level - some players never regain their previous form.

Selective amnesia I think Esmond, because higher level teams wanted them at the time, and they tend to know a bit more about the game than punters on this forum.

Scotty and Louis went as well, and people wanted them to stay - same with Lita and Rosenior.

All of these players were too good for league 1 so no one could blame them for wanting to better themselves.

Nick Carle should have stayed at the time because he was better IMO than the ones we retained or brought in - he didn't ask to leave either I think.

Bridges and Stewart were past their sell by date and are at the same level now (I think) as when they were with us - same with Gillespie.

I daresay many of the posters you refer to wouldn't have campaigned to keep Philips,Bridges, Stewart, Gillespie or Clist now because we are at a higher level with better players.

Keogh and Blackman were cocks.

I have absolutely no doubt that Danny Coles Aaron Brown and Tommy Doc would have been established CCC players had they not suffered bad injuries when at that level - some players never regain their previous form.

Selective amnesia I think Esmond, because higher level teams wanted them at the time, and they tend to know a bit more about the game than punters on this forum.

Selective memory moi, May I suggest that had Mr's. Coles, Brown and Doherty had taken better care of themselves and kept fitter perhaps they may have become established CCC players, But because of their lifestyles injuries were always likely to follow.

Selective memory moi, May I suggest that had Mr's. Coles, Brown and Doherty had taken better care of themselves and kept fitter perhaps they may have become established CCC players, But because of their lifestyles injuries were always likely to follow.

Of the three Brown was the unluckiest, his bad injury with us at the end of Wilson's last year was a one off and he clearly never really properly recovered, that he's spent time at Swindon, Gillingham and Lincoln since his injury plagued spell at QPR is proof of that for me.

Coles' off field reputation whilst with us was on a par with anyone, Lita, Peacock, etc, etc. That he was hopeless for Hull and has ended up in BS7 with the club he now professes to support just says it all.

We all know about Tommy, absolutely great technique, but completely unfit and unable to ever manage 30 games a season even at League One level.

One-trick pony. Not at all surprised that he hasn't gone the distance at Palarse.

I really, really, really dislike Colin but when he's not behaving like a Z-list celebrity, he does have some idea about football management, and even though he made an error of judgement in taking NC, he's now realised that and is trying to put it right.

That's GJ and Colin who have spent good money on NC and he's failed them both. So, who is this mystical manager who can bring something out in NC that our man and Colin couldn't? Perhaps it's just not there?

Of the three Brown was the unluckiest, his bad injury with us at the end of Wilson's last year was a one off and he clearly never really properly recovered, that he's spent time at Swindon, Gillingham and Lincoln since his injury plagued spell at QPR is proof of that for me.

Coles' off field reputation whilst with us was on a par with anyone, Lita, Peacock, etc, etc. That he was hopeless for Hull and has ended up in BS7 with the club he now professes to support just says it all.

We all know about Tommy, absolutely great technique, but completely unfit and unable to ever manage 30 games a season even at League One level.

I can't honestly see how lifestyles influenced the bad injuries all these players suffered.

One-trick pony. Not at all surprised that he hasn't gone the distance at Palarse.

I really, really, really dislike Colin but when he's not behaving like a Z-list celebrity, he does have some idea about football management, and even though he made an error of judgement in taking NC, he's now realised that and is trying to put it right.

That's GJ and Colin who have spent good money on NC and he's failed them both. So, who is this mystical manager who can bring something out in NC that our man and Colin couldn't? Perhaps it's just not there?

Are you aware that Nick Carle only played 17 times for bcfc, so you cant really say that he failed Johnson, nobody can do that in 17 games - esp when not match fit.

The first 10 games or so were spend getting match fit and accimatising to the british game. By the last 5 games or so he was showing the promise we hoped he would - and was certainly the best creating midfielder we had at the time....I just cant believe jump on this NC aint good enuff wagon (just because Johnson did)

Had he played for us last season, perhaps we wouldnt have been so uncreative - and shite

Are you aware that Nick Carle only played 17 times for bcfc, so you cant really say that he failed Johnson, nobody can do that in 17 games - esp when not match fit.

The first 10 games or so were spend getting match fit and accimatising to the british game. By the last 5 games or so he was showing the promise we hoped he would - and was certainly the best creating midfielder we had at the time....I just cant believe jump on this NC aint good enuff wagon (just because Johnson did)

Had he played for us last season, perhaps we wouldnt have been so uncreative - and shite

Come the end of his spell here I rated Nick Carle, but looking back, can you say he was that effective?? He certainly looked the part, but I can never really remember him doing anything in the final third.... can you?? How many assists did he have?

Come the end of his spell here I rated Nick Carle, but looking back, can you say he was that effective?? He certainly looked the part, but I can never really remember him doing anything in the final third.... can you?? How many assists did he have?

Mate, we really dont need to go down the assist road again do we?

My point is that we would have been much more effective last season with him than without him

Mate, we really dont need to go down the assist road again do we?

My point is that we would have been much more effective last season with him than without him

I dont think so, like I said, he did'nt do or create much in the final third and he has'nt for palace...

Anyway, Gary Johnson did'nt get rid of him because he wasnt good enough, he got rid because he wasnt good enough for his wage...

I dont think so, like I said, he did'nt do or create much in the final third and he has'nt for palace...

Anyway, Gary Johnson did'nt get rid of him because he wasnt good enough, he got rid because he wasnt good enough for his wage...

I would have thought it was to balance the books..1m was a great offer

Perhaps true, but which of them doubled their money on him?

I don't know exactly what GJ thinks of Carle but he obviously doesn't think he's a million pound player or he wouldn't have sold him. That doesn't mean Carle failed him as such, just that someone offered vastly over the odds for him. I'd have thought GJ would have accepted £1m for any of our midfielders at the time except Elliot (Which probably still holds true given that Hartley is getting on a bit and Sno isn't ours to sell).

I was told this on good authority as well(although the term used was value for money - considering his wage).

I was also told that NC had a chronic back condition which requires Physio after every match.

is this a joke or irony, So athletes abusing their bodies with alcohol, cigarettes and junk food + very (and I mean very) late nights don't affect injuries or the body's capability to recover from the said injuries..........

No joke, no irony fella - i'm serious.

I'm not sure if you're right or wrong although i'm sure a number of footballers who have led monastic lifestyles have suffered similar injuries and gone backwards just like these gentlemen.

Brown, Coles, Doherty - CCC quality players when they left the club - all three must have passed medicals so their apparently debauched lifestyles whilst in Bristol didn't seem to affect their fitness at that time - either in terms of performance for City, or under a doctors scrutiny..

Tommy Doc in particular has suffered a catalogue of bad injuries which i'm sure has affected him more than any liking for a pint.

They all sought to better themselves, just like Louis, Scotty, Rosenior and Lita - of course fans didn't want to see them go at the time.

I think it was daft to include these players in the same breath as Keogh.

No joke, no irony fella - i'm serious.

I'm not sure if you're right or wrong although i'm sure a number of footballers who have led monastic lifestyles have suffered similar injuries and gone backwards just like these gentlemen.

Brown, Coles, Doherty - CCC quality players when they left the club - all three must have passed medicals so their apparently debauched lifestyles whilst in Bristol didn't seem to affect their fitness at that time - either in terms of performance for City, or under a doctors scrutiny..

Tommy Doc in particular has suffered a catalogue of bad injuries which i'm sure has affected him more than any liking for a pint.

They all sought to better themselves, just like Louis, Scotty, Rosenior and Lita - of course fans didn't want to see them go at the time.

I think it was daft to include these players in the same breath as Keogh.

Brown and Doherty were surplus too requirements and Coles was transfer listed as punishment for smashing a pub window. Coles was the only player remotely at CCC level when he left. Brown and Coles had egos far bigger than their talent and Tommy D will one day realise what he could have achieved within the game especially at our club.

Brown and Doherty were surplus too requirements and Coles was transfer listed as punishment for smashing a pub window. Coles was the only player remotely at CCC level when he left. Brown and Coles had egos far bigger than their talent and Tommy D will one day realise what he could have achieved within the game especially at our club.

strangely enough, I disagree!

I could have sworn QPR were in the CCC when AB/TD joined them - i'll happily stand corrected on that.

DC was punished by being transferred to a club in a higher division.

Of course AB had a broken leg when he left us so I guess technically you're right about him at the time.

As for the egos of AB/DC, you presumably know them personally, so i'll bow to your superior knowledge on that point, although I believe being talented enough to prompt interest from CCC clubs ( a large bid from West Brom in the case of Mr Brown) might turn the head of even the most sensible young footballer.

Fair to say that none of them are at our level now, but they were when they left IMO - that's why people didn't want them to leave at the time.

All you appear to be doing, is sneering at people who tried to improve their lot - it didn't work out for them, and I maintain that the very bad injuries they all suffered (fact) is possibly the reason why they couldn't maintain the level of performance that enabled them to play at a higher level than City.

You, on the other hand, maintain that it went pear shaped because they were pissheads and/or big heads - your knowledge of their conduct post BCFC is clearly second to none.

There are an awful lot of good footballers in leagues 1&2 - that's because of the influx of better quality foreigners and smaller squads in the higher divisions - DC attracted a bid from a CCC side last term, so clearly is doing something right, and whilst I can't comment on the other two, I wonder if they'd be the worst players at our level if they actually ended up back in this division?

Anyway, ancient history just like Nick Carle - here's hoping the squad continues to improve and more incumbents are shipped out.

That would only be if they sold him for more than they bought him for.

Unlikely, I'd say.

Normally Edson I would agree, but Sl said the other day in the BEP that the amount we receive from any sell-on clause would be small(i.e. some but not lot).

Who's to say we didn't insert a clause insisting on a % of the transfer fee rather than on profits made on a re-sell??

Normally Edson I would agree, but Sl said the other day in the BEP that the amount we receive from any sell-on clause would be small(i.e. some but not lot).

Who's to say we didn't insert a clause insisting on a % of the transfer fee rather than on profits made on a re-sell??

You might be right, I didn't see that.

That would be quite unusual, though.

Archived