IGNORED

The Midfield Messiah

Rocky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5617548,00.html

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has confirmed the club will listen to offers for out-of-favour midfielder Nick Carle in the New Year.

The Australia international was a regular in his first season following a £1million move from Bristol City, but his appearances have been limited so far in the new campaign.

The 27-year-old has made just four Championship appearances off the bench this season and Warnock concedes it would be better for him if he secures regular football elsewhere.

With next summer's World Cup finals on the horizon, Warnock thinks a permanent move would be in Carle's best interests, although he is not ruling out a loan move.

"Nick is on the market to sell permanently and we'd only look at loans at the end of January," said the Palace boss.

"He knows he needs to be playing to get into Australia's World Cup squad and has got to be getting games after Christmas."

:rolleyes:

got to be worth a shot at 200k Lets buy him back Then flog im to Ipswitch! Good busness.

In all seriousness he was good for us, he cant be that bad a player all of a sudden.

In all seriousness got to be worth 200k plus a cheap wage, give the boy a chance.............Competition for lee johnson. Loan to danny wilson for a profit!

In all seriousness?

got to be worth a shot at 200k Lets buy him back Then flog im to Ipswitch! Good busness.

In all seriousness he was good for us, he cant be that bad a player all of a sudden.

In all seriousness got to be worth 200k plus a cheap wage, give the boy a chance.............Competition for lee johnson. Loan to danny wilson for a profit!

In all seriousness?

In all seriousness, lets buy Scott Brown back and have them as our midfield two. Brown tries so so hard. Such a trier. Cant believe Johnson got both of these so wrong. Such a good lad.

To be fair Carle was great for us and we did well to get the money we got for him. Obviously he won't ever come back and obviously there's a lot of bad blood between him and City but I honestly think he's a good player and I'm sure he'll do alright.

To be fair Carle was great for us and we did well to get the money we got for him. Obviously he won't ever come back and obviously there's a lot of bad blood between him and City but I honestly think he's a good player and I'm sure he'll do alright.

he wasn't that good for us he had a few decent games but wasnt amazing he was built up as an attacking midfield player who never scored for us and i dont know how many assists he got but i really didn't see what all the fuss was about if he was/is as good as people make out then he should be playing in the Premier League certainly holding down a regular place in a very average looking palarse team

i bet mr landsdown was laughing all the way to the bank when simon offered 1m for him because he certainly isn't a million pound player

I rated him, shows how good I would be in football management, no matter what Footy Manager tells me. Yet I still think he did a job for us, despite not scoring or creating much. Odd.

I couldn't get to either of the Palace games, was watching in a pub in Swansea with my mates (non City fans) who all raved about Nick Carle afterward, and couldn't believe that we had sold him. Strange how certain things happen and certain games can make/break a players reputation.

Yet I still think he did a job for us, despite not scoring or creating much. Odd.

You've hit the nail on the head. He did things that looked good, but actually didn't achieve very much. Often, he would take on a few players. But even when it succeeded, we wouldn't necessarily be in any better position than we were when he first got hold of the ball. And sometimes we'd be in a worse position, as the other team would have had chance to regroup.

In all seriousness, lets buy Scott Brown back and have them as our midfield two. Brown tries so so hard. Such a trier. Cant believe Johnson got both of these so wrong. Such a good lad.

Dont think he got carle wrong. Just think occasionally you have to cash in to make up for financial errors like trundle who perhaps we should sell now while the goings good.

We dont have a shortage of midfield talent at the moment and i dont really think nick would fit into our current set up.

As for the bad blood between bristol city and he ,I think thats more to do with the media than anything else.

A good player ,however , he is, and with the right management who knows?? ,hes still young enough to be a star of the future.

Be interesting to see if he makes it to south africa!!

Always struck me as odd that when Carle was playing for City, Palace marked him out of the game at AG and the game ended 0-0 with our forwards being denied the scoring chances usually created by Carle. Afterwards Warnock announced on TV that was their game plan. Palace then signed Carle.

According to that link, Carle may be available for loan. Come on City, ask if we can borrow him. :innocent06:

Always struck me as odd that when Carle was playing for City, Palace marked him out of the game at AG and the game ended 0-0 with our forwards being denied the scoring chances usually created by Carle. Afterwards Warnock announced on TV that was their game plan. Palace then signed Carle.

According to that link, Carle may be available for loan. Come on City, ask if we can borrow him. :innocent06:

Has the tea lady resigned?

he wasn't that good for us he had a few decent games but wasnt amazing he was built up as an attacking midfield player who never scored for us and i dont know how many assists he got but i really didn't see what all the fuss was about if he was/is as good as people make out then he should be playing in the Premier League certainly holding down a regular place in a very average looking palarse team

i bet mr landsdown was laughing all the way to the bank when simon offered 1m for him because he certainly isn't a million pound player

Well, lets start with the two assists at the palace away game. Did you see the palace away play off game? I suspect not.

MOM at Palace and set both goals up..I expect we wouldnt have got to wembley without him.

I dont understand threads like this which bag him and say he was no good.

When he was here, I dont recall one single post on here denegrating him....now he's gone, there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers saying he is/was rubbish because he a)we sold him b)he isnt playing for palace

Nick Carle was useless, who ponced around the pitch, doing pretty much nothing.....couple of Cruyff turns on the half-way line, a few dodgy challenges and that was pretty much it!

......unless of course you went to the Sheffield Utd away match!

..one of the performance I've seen in a city shirt...same goes for trundle.

Well, lets start with the two assists at the palace away game. Did you see the palace away play off game? I suspect not.

MOM at Palace and set both goals up..I expect we wouldnt have got to wembley without him.

When he was here, I dont recall one single post on here denegrating him....now he's gone, there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers saying he is/was rubbish because he a)we sold him b)he isnt playing for palace

Can i just double check - wasnt the second goal by Noble a 30 yard screamer? So when you say set both goals up it wasnt really a set up but a simple pass? Or am i wrong?

P.S I actually do think he was good for us, otherwise Palace would not have paid the million quid for his services. I would have him back for 200k but i somehow dont see them selling him for that much of a loss. I wouldnt however pay much more than 250 300.

like i said he played well a few times and where did i say he's rubbish? like as been said nobes winner was a 30yrd screamer cant remember who set up trundle or who won the freekick at ag for mcindoe to score but 3 good games in half a season isn't exactly world class form and to balance it up he was utter shite against hull in the final

Can i just double check - wasnt the second goal by Noble a 30 yard screamer? So when you say set both goals up it wasnt really a set up but a simple pass? Or am i wrong?

P.S I actually do think he was good for us, otherwise Palace would not have paid the million quid for his services. I would have him back for 200k but i somehow dont see them selling him for that much of a loss. I wouldnt however pay much more than 250 300.

Is that not an assist?

Is that not an assist?

If I remember rightly (please let me know if it is faulty) Carle put his head in where a boot was flying and got the ball to Noble.

Carle was aggressive and ran around a lot, however I had it on 'relatively' good advice he was bought as a winger...Well Nick Carle is without any real turn of pace and as such he was shifted in field.

I suppose when you look back at it, he came in around about the time of Dele Adebola and at around that time the wheels started to come of the promotion push...I've got a feeling they both debuted away at QPR where we were ****ING AWFUL.

1M for Carle was good business then and now...And I for one never understood the fuss when we sold him...

Good luck to the boy for the WC and I hope England get Australia in the group stages.

Is that not an assist?

But then he almost undone all the good work by giving away a needless penalty in the return leg.

If Watson had scored, Palace would probably have gone through and your perception of Carle may have been different to what it is now.

But then he almost undone all the good work by giving away a needless penalty in the return leg.

If Watson had scored, Palace would probably have gone through and your perception of Carle may have been different to what it is now.

All ifs and buts.

I thought he was immense in all the run in games , so my mind was made up after the away leg.

It was a typical attackers (silly) challenge, but wouldnt have affected my view.

Like a previous poster said, he was probably sold to balance books (of the trundle move ) as opposed to the Johnson not rating him.

The fact he doesnt play for palace is neither hear nor there

All ifs and buts.

I thought he was immense in all the run in games , so my mind was made up after the away leg.

It was a typical attackers (silly) challenge, but wouldnt have affected my view.

Like a previous poster said, he was probably sold to balance books (of the trundle move ) as opposed to the Johnson not rating him.

The fact he doesnt play for palace is neither hear nor there

In my opinion our view of Carle at the time was softened because he was a member of a City side that achieved it's highest League position for 28 years.

However, if you consider the facts, http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=48523 , the antipodean midfielder didn't score a single goal in 17 starts for City, plus a further 3 as substitute and contributed just 2 assists in the Palace away leg of the play-off semi-final, a road trip victory that's as rare as rocking horse s**t and another reason for clouding supporters' judgement.

In short (no pun intended), Carle was brought in to do a job and he failed to do it.

The fact that he's now seeking a move back to Australia to play for a team where the other ten players are inferior in order to make him look good enough to have the chance to represent the Socceroos in the 2010 World Cup bears this out.

In my opinion our view of Carle at the time was softened because he was a member of a City side that achieved it's highest League position for 28 years.

However, if you consider the facts, http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=48523 , the antipodean midfielder didn't score a single goal in 17 starts for City, plus a further 3 as substitute and contributed just 2 assists in the Palace away leg of the play-off semi-final, a road trip victory that's as rare as rocking horse s**t and another reason for clouding supporters' judgement.

In short (no pun intended), Carle was brought in to do a job and he failed to do it.

The fact that he's now seeking a move back to Australia to play for a team where the other ten players are inferior in order to make him look good enough to have the chance to represent the Socceroos in the 2010 World Cup bears this out.

I think you're being unfair - he was brought in to do a job and was rarely given a chance to do it - if he'd had as many starts as say, Lee Johnson I think he'd have produced better displays.

Ancient history - he's long gone, we have better players in at last and we didn't lose money on him.

That is a rather uncharitable spin to put on it.

I don't know about his performance at Crystal Palace but I can't recall too many adverse comments about him when he first came to CITY. (apart from his arrival bringing an invasion of Newcastle Jets fans to the forum).

He appeared to be totally loyal to us and it wasn't his idea to be off-loaded. Loyalty is a two-way street.

Carle is a tantalizing player. Whenever I've seen him in action I've gained the impression that he's about to do something brilliant and occasionally- very occasionally- he does.

Anyway, if he is selected for next Wednesday"s international in Melbourne I'll see him play again and we'll see.

Archived