IGNORED

2009/10 Rich List

Barry

So, we're in the biggest recession in living memory and £90m is only enough to take you up 3 places in the football rich list.

Just shows how detached football is with the real world.

Perhaps Steve could foot the bill for my junior football teams to play at Ashton Gate!

£45 per player, 10 players per team, 4 teams = £1800, the price of football!!!

No they don't!

I once asked Steve Lansdown if he had given his permission to the Times Rich List and he told me that they don't even ask...He was not a happy bunny about either but theres nothing any of them can do as its in the public domain.

Anyway, it makes no difference to any of us.

It actually does make a difference. Here's one reason amongst loads - an agent reads what SL is worth and tries to increase the price of a player Gary is interested in. City pay a little more for him as a result and your cup of tea at the ground goes up 10p next season or your season tickets increases by 5%. Directly or indirectly these lists fuel business one way or the other, for better or for worse.

It actually does make a difference. Here's one reason amongst loads - an agent reads what SL is worth and tries to increase the price of a player Gary is interested in. City pay a little more for him as a result and your cup of tea at the ground goes up 10p next season or your season tickets increases by 5%. Directly or indirectly these lists fuel business one way or the other, for better or for worse.

What I meant was that it makes little difference to us as none of us are ever likely to have our worth published in the Times Rich List.

Anyone can read the accounts on these people if they so wish, there are many ways to do it.

I find it weird that they can get pissed off abut it when its the very same law and infrastructure that enabled them to make the millions in the first place, they're loaded anyways, I doubt they really give a shit, if its that much of a problem to them then they can always give it all away and then they wont appear in the rich list again, problem solved.

Archived