IGNORED

Would You Care How City Did...

gater2

Would you care how city did after you were dead? Sorry for a bit of a morbid and philosophical question, but have just been thinking about it! Of course I don't mean when you're dead will you care, of course you'll be dead (but I guess even that depends on your philosophical view). But more like: do you care now how city will do in 2100, or is it only what you see in your own lifetime that matters?

City's first League game in the 20th Century was an away win (Blackpool) and their first game in the 21stC was an away win (Wrexham), so I've already told my son to inform his grand children to place a heavy bet at the bookies for the first game in January 2100.

Of course. My children are also supporters.

Quite. Here am I brainwashing my infant grand-children about the virtues of this -to them- obscure organization, 10,000 miles away,who play a version of football using a spherical ball.

Of course it matters, for their sakes, that CITY do well.

Then again there might be reincarnation....

Would you care how city did after you were dead? Sorry for a bit of a morbid and philosophical question, but have just been thinking about it! Of course I don't mean when you're dead will you care, of course you'll be dead (but I guess even that depends on your philosophical view). But more like: do you care now how city will do in 2100, or is it only what you see in your own lifetime that matters?

You mean I'm going to be dead by 2100. Oh My God, i have a list of things to do before then so I better get on with them. Thanks for the warning.

I think by the year 2100 BCFC would have won at least 4 World Series Championships (FIFA would love a World League), 6 Champion League tournaments and a World Cup (National Competitons involving National Teams will cease to exist).

So confident am I that I'm willing to offer up £10,000 if it doesn't occur. Feel free to come and find me to collect your winnings on Jan 1st 2101.

Put it this way, if i woke up tomorrow, went to get my paper and I tripped and a bus ran over my head , or I was to get mugged and subsequently stabbed in the jugular, or I fell down dead from the latest strain of super flu that was sweeping the nation, then I would still like to think that City would carry on in my absence and win the Prem and The Champions League.

Put it this way, if i woke up tomorrow, went to get my paper and I tripped and a bus ran over my head , or I was to get mugged and subsequently stabbed in the jugular, or I fell down dead from the latest strain of super flu that was sweeping the nation, then I would still like to think that City would carry on in my absence and win the Prem and The Champions League.

Jeez - Bristol is worse than I remember it!!! :noexpression:

Gets my vote for the most morbid post of the year! :noexpression:

How the hell did you come up with such a thought?

Ha, yeh looking back on it now, I'm not quite sure myself. Have just finished a theology/philosophy degree so I like to think about these ridiculous big questions that aren't really relevant to anyone in real life! Was just thinking of the issue myself, and I'm not really sure I care how City do after I die, why should I want them to do any better than anyone else? Why do I support City at the moment? Because the results make an impact on my life, change my mood, it gives me a good experience seeing city in bigger grounds, bigger occasions etc. I guess I don't have kids yet, so that could play a factor.

I am quite proud of the fact of City's achievements before I was born, such as reaching the FA Cup Final and playing in the top division on two separate occasions. All of this occured before I was born (67 years before I was born in the case of the cup final) or when i was very young - too young to be considered a fan. I don't see how this differs from wanting us to succeed in the future after my death.

Of course, I'm greedy and if I was to be told that City could win the FA Cup or the Premier League title once in the future during my life, or several times after my death, I may have to choose the first option. Primarily, City is for MY enjoyment. That may change when I have my own kids and they're City fans, just like I'll obviously want them to become City and England players as I'm 33 and may not fulfill that dream now.....

Archived