IGNORED

Fair Play Bradley Orr

Steve Watts

Just heard Bradders phone in on Saturday Sport to have a go at the moaners - or moreso defend himself and the team. He did it with dignity, accepting that people are entitled to opinions, as that's what the game is all about.

You could tell just how much he cares for this club from speaking to him. Obviously he couldn't say anything against tactics employed etc, but did make three very good points: 1) this is the best squad he's been involved with down here. (whether we're getting the best from that squad or not is another matter). 2) we're only 2 points off of 4th place and 3) We all want to be in the Prem, but the reason we're in the Championship is that we don't quite have that Premier League quality at the club just yet.

Was disappointing to hear that someone had shouted at him that he should be disgraced with himself. Bang out of order that. He can be disappointed with his performance, and he very candidly accepted that his distribution is something that he needs to improve and is working on every day. But I think we can all agree that he is a Mr 100%. Bad performances are disappointing though acceptable from time to time, but lack of effort is something to be disgraced about...I don't think he will ever fall into the latter category.

He also complemented the majority of the crowd and said how great it is to hear the team being cheered on.

Fair play for being man enough to phone up and put himself out there to be shot at.

Listening to Radio Bristol on the way back and was glad to hear Orr phone up and i agreed with everything he said. He held his hands up and admitted that the quality of his final ball isn't great and how many footballers these days would phone their local radio station to admit to their faults?!

We've come along way in the last 4 years and, as he said, we have a squad of growing quality who can only get better this season. Tactically we've been a little inept so far this season in some games but then saying that we went to Newcastle and got a great point.

Fair play to Bradley, he evidently loves the game and enjoys playing for us. Yet, despite him giving 110% every single week, we have morons shouting abuse at him at the end of the game. He deserves alot better than some of our fans.

Yep - fair play Brad - can't blame him for the dodgy tactics and stupid team selections - of course he can improve himself but this team won't until GJ wakes up and smells the coffee

we need width

the central midfield is between Sno, Elliot and Hartly, Skuse (maybe williams)

and LJ is not a wide player nor better than any of those listed above (and I don't think Sno is a wide player either - more dangerous in the middle imo)

Put Haynes wide or do something - the football we are playing is just dreadful - I can only think thats down to the Manager (if the players are not performing then the Manager is not motivating them)

GJ for goodness sake earn your pay and get this team in gear :fastasleep:

We were poor today at times however its not all doom and gloom fair play to Orr I have to say :)

Did anyone here the very first caller? He started off "I was not at the game today I was at the rugby but I have to say that Johnson is a disgrace for sitting back again if he thinks those players can sit on a lead ...... " and then slagged off Skuse I think for his performance against Pool. Gladly GT cut him off.

We were poor today at times however its not all doom and gloom fair play to Orr I have to say :)

Did anyone here the very first caller? He started off "I was not at the game today I was at the rugby but I have to say that Johnson is a disgrace for sitting back again if he thinks those players can sit on a lead ...... " and then slagged off Skuse I think for his performance against Pool. Gladly GT cut him off.

yep i heard him! what a donkey! how can you comment when you didnt go to or even listen to the game?!

Am glad Twentypence cut that muppet off, and for the right reasons too.

Fair play Bradley Orr I say.

Totally agree Brad was eloquent and even handed despite some absolute tosser telling him he should be ashamed of himself. What for??? Giving 100%, never hiding and endeavouring to improve his game? Beggars belief!!

i was disappointed of course like everyone else when Brad failed to put that cross in at the end or when he didnt play the simple ball needed to Sno but at the end of the day he puts in 100% and booing him and getting on his back isnt doing him or the team any favours

Listening to Radio Bristol on the way back and was glad to hear Orr phone up and i agreed with everything he said. He held his hands up and admitted that the quality of his final ball isn't great and how many footballers these days would phone their local radio station to admit to their faults?!

We've come along way in the last 4 years and, as he said, we have a squad of growing quality who can only get better this season. Tactically we've been a little inept so far this season in some games but then saying that we went to Newcastle and got a great point.

Fair play to Bradley, he evidently loves the game and enjoys playing for us. Yet, despite him giving 110% every single week, we have morons shouting abuse at him at the end of the game. He deserves alot better than some of our fans.

Bradley is a top man - I've always said that on this forum. I was behind the bloke who had a pop at Bradders and I was going to interject, but I didn't have to in the end as his teenage son told him to stop being such a @*&% and grow up. Priceless.

Yes fair play to ring up but as others pointed out £30 to watch that is a insult,there are some crap callers who know f##k all as stated the 1st caller also whoever shouted at Bradley was well out on a limb. As he admits he needs to improve on certain aspects but you can't fault his commitment and to ring up to be shot down i admire him,i really enjoyed his point of view yes he is entitled to his views nice to hear how much the players appreciate the support. I would always pick him you get total effort and when he was in dispute with the club we missed him.

i was disappointed of course like everyone else when Brad failed to put that cross in at the end or when he didnt play the simple ball needed to Sno but at the end of the day he puts in 100% and booing him and getting on his back isnt doing him or the team any favours

What people forget is that as Bradley said the players do get really affected by the fans views/reaction. While Im disappointed today, I didnt feel the need to shout abuse at the players or shout at Gary Johnson.

We are usually brilliant fans who are passionate about our team but I think some people need to take a deep breath and think before shouting at/abusing at our players. They arent going to be very positive after hearing things like"You should be ashamed of yourself".

We need to get back to the positive atmosphere and lift the team again!

:clapping:

Guest bigcheese
Possibly Radio Bristol's website - only place I can think of.... but it wasn't an interview...he was "just" one of the callers after the game, so they may not have it.

Fair play to Orr for phoning up and giving his side of things; couple of mis-placed passes and falling over the ball well he just took the bad side of people's frustrations perhaps - the fans have passion to. If Orr gave 100% the team didnt. 100% is the game against Middlesborough.

Anyway, the chit chat is on here, wind forward to about 48 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p004p...ort_17_10_2009/

Bradley Orr is a 100% type of player and the to$$er who had a go at him should bury his head in shame, as he's the one who's a disgrace. The problem is, the late goal we saw today, is getting ever more common and a lot of us are now just waiting for it to happen every time we take the lead. I didn't hear the first few callers on Radio Bristol today, but the later ones I did hear seemed to be talking a lot of sense for a change and I feel Bradley missed the point a bit.

As Bradley said, we've got the best squad he's played in and are only a couple of points off the play-offs. That seems to be the main reason for fans' frustration, as we now have the personnel to do some damage in this division, but with players being played out of their natural position, our total lack of width and with our generally ponderous and predictable build up play, we just aren't working to players' strengths. Unlike our first season in the CCC, when GJ worked miracles and the performance of the team as a whole seemed far greater than the sum of the individual players, we now seem to have an excellent group of players, but we are not seeing anything like the best out of them.

As far as I can see, rather than GJ saying we need to keep our concentration to the end each time we concede late, he needs to look at why we aren't trying to kill teams off, so a single late goal isn't going to hurt us and turn 3 points into 1. Our lousy goal difference over the last three years is no accident and is purely down to the fact that we don't hammer anyone, so single goal leads are easily going to slip like they did today.

IMHO criticism at the moment isn't aimed at the players, who appear to be 100% behind the cause, but is purely down to cautious and frankly negative tactics. Can anyone say we ever look like we want to take the opposition to the cleaners? We never put anybody under the cosh and although Peterboro looked a reasonable footballing side and looked fairly dangerous going forward, given their league position and recent run of form, I reckon they could have cracked if they had been put under some sustained pressure. That never looked likely today and I've got to be honest and say that is probably why we are settling into pretty regular 13,000 to 14,000 crowds. Going to football is a pretty expensive activity and there isn't much in our style of play at present to make non season ticket holders keep coming back, week after week.

We've got the players to give it a good go this season, but I just wonder if we have the tactics to get the best out of them to actually mount a challenge.

We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Bradley Orr is a 100% type of player and the to$$er who had a go at him should bury his head in shame, as he's the one who's a disgrace. The problem is, the late goal we saw today, is getting ever more common and a lot of us are now just waiting for it to happen every time we take the lead. I didn't hear the first few callers on Radio Bristol today, but the later ones I did hear seemed to be talking a lot of sense for a change and I feel Bradley missed the point a bit.

As Bradley said, we've got the best squad he's played in and are only a couple of points off the play-offs. That seems to be the main reason for fans' frustration, as we now have the personnel to do some damage in this division, but with players being played out of their natural position, our total lack of width and with our generally ponderous and predictable build up play, we just aren't working to players' strengths. Unlike our first season in the CCC, when GJ worked miracles and the performance of the team as a whole seemed far greater than the sum of the individual players, we now seem to have an excellent group of players, but we are not seeing anything like the best out of them.

As far as I can see, rather than GJ saying we need to keep our concentration to the end each time we concede late, he needs to look at why we aren't trying to kill teams off, so a single late goal isn't going to hurt us and turn 3 points into 1. Our lousy goal difference over the last three years is no accident and is purely down to the fact that we don't hammer anyone, so single goal leads are easily going to slip like they did today.

IMHO criticism at the moment isn't aimed at the players, who appear to be 100% behind the cause, but is purely down to cautious and frankly negative tactics. Can anyone say we ever look like we want to take the opposition to the cleaners? We never put anybody under the cosh and although Peterboro looked a reasonable footballing side and looked fairly dangerous going forward, given their league position and recent run of form, I reckon they could have cracked if they had been put under some sustained pressure. That never looked likely today and I've got to be honest and say that is probably why we are settling into pretty regular 13,000 to 14,000 crowds. Going to football is a pretty expensive activity and there isn't much in our style of play at present to make non season ticket holders keep coming back, week after week.

We've got the players to give it a good go this season, but I just wonder if we have the tactics to get the best out of them to actually mount a challenge.

We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Sorry to repeat BrizzleRed's post in full, but it sums it up perfectly for me.

I was staggered when Geoff Twentyman confirmed that Bradley had picked up the phone to him rather than it having been a scheduled interview. Good old Bradders. Wears his heart on his sleeve, gives his all, recognises his shortcomings and shows great determination to improve, especially in terms of delivery into the box.

In addition, his temperament has come on leaps and bounds - Louis must have traded in his crash helmet by now. I hope Bradley knows that the vast majority of supporters value his contribution.

Fair play to Orr for phoning up and giving his side of things; couple of mis-placed passes and falling over the ball well he just took the bad side of people's frustrations perhaps - the fans have passion to. If Orr gave 100% the team didnt. 100% is the game against Middlesborough.

Anyway, the chit chat is on here, wind forward to about 48 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p004p...ort_17_10_2009/

Ta, I tried to find this earlier and it wasn't up.

Edit: Excellent listen, what a great bloke. I love that he uses the phrase: "Exciting Times".

Fair play to Bradley. He's impressed me today with his character. He was one of the first players to arrive at the ground and came up to say hello to the Ashton Gate 8 players. On the pitch he stepped in to calm Danny Haynes down. At the end of the game, I think he was the only player to come towards the Dolman and East End to clap - a difficult gesture to make when we all felt so frustrated. And this radio interview was brave with good comments well made. It's appreciated Bradders and I'm proud you wear our shirt.

Just shows what a fantastic personality the lad has. When you consider his problems of the past, it is all the more remarkable that he is one of the footballers that I (and many others) respect more than most. Fantastic efforts by him.

I'm pleased we are all behind Bradders for his comments. There is no way we can single one player out for flak (no, not even the easy targets :closedeyes: ) sadly for the 95% of good City fans there are some absolute inbred morons who can't express their emotions in words of more than one syllable. We have always had disgusting 'fan' treatment of players, remember the ****wit who spat on Tinman?

I honestly believe that as Bradders said this is the best squad of players we have had for many a long year, it is obviously disjointed and we aren't seeing the best of them at the moment, the tactics being deployed isn't bringing the best out of them and that isn't the fault of the players, they are faultless for the efforts they give, even if some are more up to the challenges of the championship than others.

I like Bradley Orr and after today i like him a little more.

Top man Bradders. Sadly I was not at Ashton yesterday (first home game missed for three years - due to daughters birthday in Canterbury) and with about five minutes to go glancing in through a Weatherspoons window to see we were 1 nil up, I predicted a Posh equaliser in the next few minutes!!!! BUT from listening to the clip on Radio Bristol I can fully sense Bradley's frustration and his annoyance with so called supporters abusing the team.

I personally think that Bradders like all the rest of them are giving 100% and DO NOT DESERVE TO GET ABUSED - Its the tactics that needs looking at, but thats a story for another time...............

KEEP THE FAITH BRADDERS

Guest zider_head

I wonder if he had to ask permission of the club before ringing up etc, could of been akward if Twenty pence asked some questions but he swerved the formation one etc, imagine if he asked why do you think Gary picks Lee everyweek when he has better footballers sat on the bench.................

I wonder if he had to ask permission of the club before ringing up etc, could of been akward if Twenty pence asked some questions but he swerved the formation one etc, imagine if he asked why do you think Gary picks Lee everyweek when he has better footballers sat on the bench.................

What a moronic post.

Let's turn every thread into one about LJ, shall we?

Bradley should understand the frustration is largely with the tactics and selections not the players' effort. If somebody gave him abuse after the game then that person is a complete cock.

Spot on. There's an underlying feeling among a growing number that playing 4 central midfield players, 2 of them out of position, every game is contributing towards a very tedious style of play and an under strength team. Thats not the players fault.

In a way I think Bradley overreacted, I saw him a the end of the game, really unhappy with a comment made by just one person. Surely he must realise the overwhelming majority dont think the same way.

The incident came when Bradley tried to play a very simple ball to Sno which would have led to a goal scoring opportunity. Let's face it, the pass was dire, but I know Bradley gives 100% every game, and to me thats the most important thing the players can do, whereas the team selection and tactics are down to the manager. I'm sure many fans feel the same.

Bradley kept mentioning how disappointed he was with the negativity at present, particularly in view of the league position - my message would be that any negativity I have is not aimed in any way whatsoever at the players, and again I am sure many fans feel the same. In fact, its not even negativity, its frustration that genuine excitement at the summer signings has proven to be a huge disappointment.

I was one of the callers yesterday and have total respect for Brad doing what myself and others were doing and phoning in on the way home. The frustrating thing for me is that I don't think it is so much about the quality of the players we have at AG, rather the way we utilise them with tactics/substitutions etc. I just wonder if Brad might get in a spot of bother with GJ as although it's fantastic for us fans to have him call in and get a player's point of view, I can't imagine it goes on much elsewhere and as has been said, if Geoff were to ask Brad why we play with four central midfielders etc, he might have got backed into a corner somewhat.

Spot on. There's an underlying feeling among a growing number that playing 4 central midfield players, 2 of them out of position, every game is contributing towards a very tedious style of play and an under strength team. Thats not the players fault.

In a way I think Bradley overreacted, I saw him a the end of the game, really unhappy with a comment made by just one person. Surely he must realise the overwhelming majority dont think the same way.

The incident came when Bradley tried to play a very simple ball to Sno which would have led to a goal scoring opportunity. Let's face it, the pass was dire, but I know Bradley gives 100% every game, and to me thats the most important thing the players can do, whereas the team selection and tactics are down to the manager. I'm sure many fans feel the same.

Bradley kept mentioning how disappointed he was with the negativity at present, particularly in view of the league position - my message would be that any negativity I have is not aimed in any way whatsoever at the players, and again I am sure many fans feel the same. In fact, its not even negativity, its frustration that genuine excitement at the summer signings has proven to be a huge disappointment.

Spot on!

The simple fact of the matter, no blame should be put on the players what so ever! Even Lee Johnson!! The buck stops with the manager...its his players, his team, his tactics. Now, Im gonna stop short of laying into Johnson just yet, but last season, we played to narrow, and to negative.....it resulted in 14 home draws!!

This season, and I really, REALLY dont understand this, but Johnson has chosen to go with four central midfielders. Evander Sno and occasionally Lee Johnson on the right, with Skuse on the left! I find this staggering! It was obvious when McIndoe left, and it was discussed to death on here, we needed to replace him! We need the option of at least one winger....we should have gone and bought one in the summer!

Unfortunately, its not going to get any better until we do! We will continue to scrape goals and be holding on. As someone said, its all well and good gary bleating on about concentration levels, but sometimes we shoould concentrate more on trying to win a game, then not trying to lose it (if that makes sense)

Tuesday is a massive game for Johnson now, I really dont thin ke can pick the same starting 11. Id get Haynes out wide, put Hartley in the middle, who is without doubt one of our best players we have at the bit. With the greatest respect to Lee Johnson, him keeping Harltey out the team is a joke. Id even give Clarkson a run up top with Maynard.

either way, things need to be changed round, Tuesday is a must win game for City, and Gary

Archived