IGNORED

Fair Play Bradley Orr

Steve Watts

Bradley Orr wears his heart on his sleeve eevry game and that Numptey in the Dolman needs to get to the side of the pitch Tuesday night and apologise to Bradley for his comments towards him.

This team has the experience people wanted has the balance, it's only a matter of time before we see someone get thumped by a bucket load of goals.

City fans have patience we are only 12 games in not 40!!!!

Spot on!

The simple fact of the matter, no blame should be put on the players what so ever! Even Lee Johnson!! The buck stops with the manager...its his players, his team, his tactics. Now, Im gonna stop short of laying into Johnson just yet, but last season, we played to narrow, and to negative.....it resulted in 14 home draws!!

This season, and I really, REALLY dont understand this, but Johnson has chosen to go with four central midfielders. Evander Sno and occasionally Lee Johnson on the right, with Skuse on the left! I find this staggering! It was obvious when McIndoe left, and it was discussed to death on here, we needed to replace him! We need the option of at least one winger....we should have gone and bought one in the summer!

Unfortunately, its not going to get any better until we do! We will continue to scrape goals and be holding on. As someone said, its all well and good gary bleating on about concentration levels, but sometimes we shoould concentrate more on trying to win a game, then not trying to lose it (if that makes sense)

Tuesday is a massive game for Johnson now, I really dont thin ke can pick the same starting 11. Id get Haynes out wide, put Hartley in the middle, who is without doubt one of our best players we have at the bit. With the greatest respect to Lee Johnson, him keeping Harltey out the team is a joke. Id even give Clarkson a run up top with Maynard.

either way, things need to be changed round, Tuesday is a must win game for City, and Gary

Must win game twelve matches into the season with us sitting in 9th ? Please get some perspective Andy.

Teams like Ipswich are in a must win scenario.

When I heard theBrad interview I thought fair play to him for speaking out in defence of his team mates, something that went a long way with me. But ....... I have come to the conclusion that it is G.J and not the players that the issue of our boring narrow tactics lye with. The players can only do as there asked.

So if L.J is picked to play he doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Its G.J selection that puts pressure on Lee (who more often than not puts in a good performance) but because of the formation and tactics he is deployed in, he ends up getting the blame for everything. The best players do not always make the best teams and I would rather see 11 players playing in there proper positions rather than being accommodated into a system. Come on Gary do you, your son and all the fans a favour and start picking our best team not the best players !! Well done Brad !

:fingerscrossed:

Whoever shouted you should be ashamed at brad, keep away from bristol city. P**s off to the gas, no room here for people like you

Could'nt have put it better myself...

Thats a shocking thing for someone to say to him - its not like he played badly anyway!!

As i said few weeks ago after similar response to the s****horpe result think the show, if it can be called that, is a complete waste of time- why give air time to a small vocal minority, some of whom feel compelled to give comment even though they have been nowhere near the game. Utter drivel and best ignored. Bradley's comments welcome as would be decent match reports promptly delivered by professionals rather than the rantings of spetators who may or may not have a clue.

Makes for cheap radio though.........

I really would have liked Geoff to be brave enough to ask about the negative mindset at 1-0 up and the style of football that we're playing.

Noone who's not a complete arse has ever said the players aren't trying or they should be ashamed of themselves.

We do have the best set of players assembled, so why do we have the worst results? That's the other question Geoff should have asked.

Whoever shouted you should be ashamed at brad, keep away from bristol city. P**s off to the gas, no room here for people like you

Not wanting to defend the guys actions but arent you doing exactly what Bradley has said? Over the top reaction to an over the top reaction.

I really would have liked Geoff to be brave enough to ask about the negative mindset at 1-0 up and the style of football that we're playing.

Noone who's not a complete arse has ever said the players aren't trying or they should be ashamed of themselves.

We do have the best set of players assembled, so why do we have the worst results? That's the other question Geoff should have asked.

you clearly haven't been watching long if you think this is the worst set of results. we've lost twice to date and are unbeaten at home - hardly a catastrophe.

Must win game twelve matches into the season with us sitting in 9th ? Please get some perspective Andy.

Teams like Ipswich are in a must win scenario.

I have plenty of perspective. Ok, not a game where we may need to win to decide the out come of our season...but certainly a game where we need to win to in stall a bit of confidence within the team, and amongst the fans! This team need to prove they can go out against certain teams and take the game to them and kill games off! Regardless of all the "its a strong league" comments (which I do agree with), games like Plymouth at home are games we should be winning, or at least carving out enough opportunities to win the game. Im not disappointed with a point against Peterbrough or Scunny....it happens!! what I am disappointed with is the fact that we didnt deserve to win either of these games, and couple that with the fact that Palace and QPR probally felt hard done by when they came away 1-0 losers, says to me we have been less then convincing so far this season!

Bad luck I can deal with, it happens....but we just dont ever look like beating teams, it was the same all last season, and to a certain extent, its happening again this season. Its not like this is a new problem, its like ground hog day! same formations, same performance, same out come, same comments in the press after.

you clearly haven't been watching long if you think this is the worst set of results. we've lost twice to date and are unbeaten at home - hardly a catastrophe.

You clearly don't follow threads. If Bradley Orr makes a point "All I want to say is this is the best squad I've been involved in." I'm not suddenly switching to talking about the all time best or worst city teams am i?

After 12 games.

We had 23 points in 2007/8

We had 19 points in 2008/9

We have 18 points now with the "best squad" So no wonder people are disheartened because with the best squad we play the worst football and get the poorest results.

Who said it's a catastrophe? We have the best squad in BO's opinion, but we have the worst results point wise we've had. How does that correlate in BOs mind? That's what i wanted asking, because I'd like to know what the views of the players are about this.

I'm quite happy to have 18 points and look like another good year in the championship with a possible promotion campaign. But if our team are going to make proclamations about it being the best squad then they have to expect furstration when they don't perform as it.

Bradley Orr is the one going OTT imo. He and the other players shouldn't take things so personally.

The fans frustration is aimed at Johnson and his tactics. Very few, if any fans are having a go at the players.They do their best in difficult circumstances.

I agree that this current squad is the strongest for a while but many fans feel its not being made the most of. That doesn't mean the players are to blame.

point taken -however. the best squad has not been in place the whole of this season - success will be judged at the end of the season not now. Personally I am quite happy to be just 6 points off top after the illness ad injury we have had in the squad- yet to hit top form and plenty of potential.

point taken -however. the best squad has not been in place the whole of this season - success will be judged at the end of the season not now. Personally I am quite happy to be just 6 points off top after the illness ad injury we have had in the squad- yet to hit top form and plenty of potential.

Same here and absolutely historically we can only really judge at the end of the season. And our best squad might make no difference if every other team has improved by more.

But football for me doesn't work like that. It has to be a snapshot.

Bradley Orr is the one going OTT imo. He and the other players shouldn't take things so personally.

The fans frustration is aimed at Johnson and his tactics. Very few, if any fans are having a go at the players.They do their best in difficult circumstances.

I agree that this current squad is the strongest for a while but many fans feel its not being made the most of. That doesn't mean the players are to blame.

Rubbish. A fan told him he should be ashamed of himself. Thats not aimed at johnson...

He is only human and to have a so-called supporter say that to him, when a) he's had a decent game b) the team is just outside the play-offs, Its way over the top and he's entitled to defend himself.

Good on bradders.

The problem is if we carry on playing four central midfielders we will be yet to hit top form come May.

GJ has assembled a talented squad, I liked every one of his signings over the summer even if I wanted a couple of wide players too, but he's using them completely inappropriately.

Watching City at the moment is like sitting down at a classy restaurant with a michelin starred chef and a talented kitchen, prices to match and getting served burger and chips. Yeah, it does the job but it wasn't what I wanted.

Did anyone else notice last night that just after Brad came out to warm up he was beckoned across to the Dolman and appeared to be presented with some sort of gift all wrapped up in purple wrapping paper etc. which he then ran off to the dressing rooms with?

Hopefully the idiot who abused Brad on Saturday had come to his senses and was trying to make up.

Incidentally thought Brad had another good game, but my MOM was Paul Hartley.

Archived