IGNORED

For One Home Game

cityfan

If it is not all doom and gloom, which of course it isn't, and if teams are going to 'come on to us' as home and we accept this, for one home game, let's just try and attack, attack, attack. Better to have done this against Peterborough on Saturday, but now Plymouth tomorrow than say West Brom, Cardiff or Newcastle.

If we lose, again, it is not all doom and gloom and there is plenty left in the season to go up automatically or via the Play Offs.

So let's goo 433 with power and pace, width and directness and lets see what we really have in our squad. Lets see if we can terrorise a defence like West Brom and Cardiff are doing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO LOSE AT THIS STAGE OF THE SEASON, BUT possibly alot to gain

The back 5 should stay the same so

........................Gerken

Orr......Carey....Nyatanga...McCallister

However, in the middle power and pace, attacking and defending and of course, our play maker

.................Elliott.......Snow

......................Hartley

Up front, power and pace

........Haynes...Akinde......Maynard

Akinde upfront and central, haynes and maynard with freedom to move and roam

SUBS:

Basso

Skuse

Johnson

McCombe

Sproule

Clarkson

Plummer

Arguably, we could bring back McCombe tomorrow night for Nyatanga to look after Fallon. IF we score goals we have back up for the front three with Clarkson, Sproule and YES, Plummer. He deserves a chance in a game when we are out of sight. We will probably only do that against a lowly team at home so tomorrow night is perfect. He looked very good in the reserves the other day (I know, it's only the reserves)

It could well be Plummertime. What have we got to lose ?

I think the tea lady has got more of a chance then Plummer.

Not that i agree with him not playing, if it was my choice players like Plummer Artus Walker etc would have already been given a run out with the first team last season when we had nothing to play for. But i cant see any of them being given a chance under GJ, if i was them i would cut my loses and go else were (even if that means league 2 or the conference) and play some first team football.

What have we got to lose? Er football matches.

If you can't get games for Hereford you won't for us. Not by any stretch good enough.

This is why i think the vast majority of them should leave and go else were for the good of there careers, like you said they are obviously not good enough otherwise GJ would be giving them a shot.

Out of all of our youth lads the only ones i can see making it with us are J.Wilson and Riberio and possibly Marlon Jackson (but i doubt it with him). The rest of them are not good enough, as blunt as that may seem its the truth.

I was suggesting we try this for ONE match, tomorrow night so we only have one game to lose with my suggested approach.

As for Plummer, I suggested he be on the bench and would only come on if we 2 or 3 nil up. I know I didn't put him in the starting 11!!!!!!!

I want feedback on the suggested team for tomowrrow night

All out attack seems a great idea to me.

Not sure about Akinde coming into the team and Saborio being out of the squad altogether, but we need a shake up and we need real attacking intent.

I wouldn't change much about that team and I'd instruct them to take the game to Plymouth and lay siege to their goal.

If they happen to break away and score one, no problem, we'll score 3.

I've no doubt the fans would respond, the atmosphere would rise significantly, and we'd win handsomely.

I was suggesting we try this for ONE match, tomorrow night so we only have one game to lose with my suggested approach.

As for Plummer, I suggested he be on the bench and would only come on if we 2 or 3 nil up. I know I didn't put him in the starting 11!!!!!!!

I want feedback on the suggested team for tomowrrow night

Why do you want to put a player who you yourself do not even trust to play unless we're clear by a two goal margin on the bench?

I'd drop Maynard and play people in their proper positions. Back 4 whatever people want.

Then

Hartley as the screening/continuity player.

Elliott as the running around alot player.

Sno supporting the strikers and being able to drift like he wants to do.

Haynes up front wide right in is position

Clarkson up front wide left in his position

Saborio/Akinde as the Target holding the ball up striker.

Maynard is our best striker, but he doesn't fit the system.

Why do you want to put a player who you yourself do not even trust to play unless we're clear by a two goal margin on the bench?

I'd drop Maynard and play people in their proper positions. Back 4 whatever people want.

Then

Hartley as the screening/continuity player.

Elliott as the running around alot player.

Sno supporting the strikers and being able to drift like he wants to do.

Haynes up front wide right in is position

Clarkson up front wide left in his position

Saborio/Akinde as the Target holding the ball up striker.

Maynard is our best striker, but he doesn't fit the system.

You would drop Maynard, who along with Dean Gerken, is the only reason we are in the top half this season? Get back to 3-5-2:

...................Gerken.................

....Fontaine....Carey.....Nyatanga

Orr..........................................McCallister

...................Skuse..................................

..........Sno..................Hartley..................

..........Clarkson.........Maynard.................

This team would actually have a chance of winning with ease, and Sno and Hartley in midfield could be great.

Can't believe you would actually drop Maynard, what I would do is get back to 2 up front to make sure our best player is playing as at the moment he is wasted in the current formation.

Archived