IGNORED

Coincidence Or Not

talksense

Well there's no doubt we looked a better team without them. But firstly Louis made a tremendous difference when he came on for Saborio in a re-shuffled formation, and secondly for all his skill Sno seems to slow us down when he is on the ball. When Williams and Sproule replaced Nyatanga and Sno we seemed to move the ball much quicker and with obvious effect.

Overall it was a bit of a patchy performance, but the second half was a lot better than the first and it was entertaining and we won!

Hartley was our best player IMO and Carey also made a big difference. No idea why he wasn't in from the start, he hardly ever puts in anything other than an excellent performance.

Much better team performance than Saturday and a great result.

The game changed when Williams came on. The forgottan man this season. I have been calling all season for him to be in the team. Lets hope he is in the team Saturday and produce the goods to keep his place in the team.

Totally agree. Moved the ball fast, his own movement was quick. Sno seems slow and laboured, got caught several times, and Saturday as well. Saborio has done nothing for me, but then again Maynard didnt for his first 10 games. Haynes worked his socks off, why was Carey rested, he has only played a few games this term, crazy! Must have muttered something..

I thought Saborio was doing fairly well tonight, won some headers and generally far more lively than Saturday.

Sno was not very mobile and looked knackered, gave the ball away too much for my liking. Still managed 3 attempts on target and to create a couple of decent chances though. If he doesn't develop more work rate he is in danger of starting to look like a luxury and those players don't fare well under GJ.

Williams and Carey both made big differences. It was good to see some width and it was interesting to note 3 goals banged in within 10 minutes of switching to 442.

Not sure why Carey was left out for McCombe. Tired or had a knock? Made no sense IMO.

I thought Saborio was doing fairly well tonight, won some headers and generally far more lively than Saturday.

Sno was not very mobile and looked knackered, gave the ball away too much for my liking. Still managed 3 attempts on target and to create a couple of decent chances though. If he doesn't develop more work rate he is in danger of starting to look like a luxury and those players don't fare well under GJ.

Williams and Carey both made big differences. It was good to see some width and it was interesting to note 3 goals banged in within 10 minutes of switching to 442.

Not sure why Carey was left out for McCombe. Tired or had a knock? Made no sense IMO.

I think McCombe was in to mark Fallon, who didn't start as it turned out, but that be the only explanation.

Sno is a quality player which he has shown on occasions as im sure saborio is which he's yet to show in our team but just feel and seen that our early season team and formation worked and since these illnesses and changes in personnel we have gone backwards so stick with what has worked so far this season not on who gets paid the most wages.

Dont think its any coincidence that since these two have been with us that the team has struggled as they seem to be undroppable and stopping others who have proven to be capable at this level this season.

Funnily enough, I was saying the same thing in the car on the way home. Sno wasn't having a bad game, but the game DEFINITELY changed when he went off. Hmmm. By the way, thought Hartley was superb tonight - my man of the match.

Funnily enough, I was saying the same thing in the car on the way home. Sno wasn't having a bad game, but the game DEFINITELY changed when he went off. Hmmm. By the way, thought Hartley was superb tonight - my man of the match.

Thought Gary Mc pushed him close.

Sno had everything that a central midfielder wants..... control, vision, power and pace, but he seems like he is lathargic. I was one of the first people that night to applaud him off the pitch when he was playing for Ajax, but he hasn't reproduced that form. When Williams came on, it was just like watching Noble in League 1, a class above and with an ability to run with the ball past defenders in central position. I've seen Sno do this, but why is he not doing it with us?!

The game changed when Williams came on. The forgottan man this season. I have been calling all season for him to be in the team. Lets hope he is in the team Saturday and produce the goods to keep his place in the team.

I agree, Williams does need a run of games before we see the best out of him, he's a confidence player. Spare a thought though for David Clarkson, surely he is our forgotten man and if I were him I would have been livid that Sproule got a chance ahead of him. I hope Johnson gives him an opportunity soon before he becomes disillusioned.

Sno had everything that a central midfielder wants..... control, vision, power and pace, but he seems like he is lathargic. I was one of the first people that night to applaud him off the pitch when he was playing for Ajax, but he hasn't reproduced that form. When Williams came on, it was just like watching Noble in League 1, a class above and with an ability to run with the ball past defenders in central position. I've seen Sno do this, but why is he not doing it with us?!

Give him a chance, bound to come good soon, just needs to adjust to the hurly burly of the C'ship. Doing OK though.

There is no knowing how Saborio might have faired if he was on the pitch when we switched to 4-4-2 so that's a bit harsh. It improved with both substitutions - firstly moving from 4-3-3 to 5-3-2 which meant Orr & McAlister got more advanced down the pitch and the second substitution dragged defenders out wide to mark Sproule/Williams and then our strikers & midfield exploited the new found space.

For me he hasn't adjusted to the pace and physical pressure of the CCC game. If you watch the Dutch league it is practically walking pace by comparison. In our league nobody is going to let you dwell on the ball as he likes to.

Sno was good when he arrived but for me he takes far too long on the ball and if I'm honest didn't do anything last night that Lee Johnson couldn't have done. When he was on the field the ball was stopping in midfield it wasnt dynamic enough and it certainly wasn't flowing enough in the middle of the park. Bringing on Gav Williams allowed the ball to flow and be carried fowards through midfield making us overall more attacking. Williams and Hartley were superb last night.

Cant belive what some people are saying about him! Hes a class act. Hes in a new country a new league and only played about 6-7 games and had MOTM in 2 of those! Think people are also fogeting that GJ said he hadnt played a game all pre season bar the City friendly.. add to that the fact that the Championship is faster more physically demanding league than the Dutch its not suprising hes not completely up to speed.Also I noticed last night that pretty much everytime he got the ball he was closed down by 3 Plymuff players! He needs games to improve in the centre not out on the wing. Im convinced theres still alot more to come from him!

I wouldnt be against Williams starting games and then Sno being introduced to gradually get up to the pace of the Championship or vise versa! They are both class players.

On Saborio I think hes been quiet but affective and will only improve! Would like to see how he gets on with the 3-5-2 formation. As he would get alot more service!

Pleased with how they'r both progressing. But its especially satisfying to know that with these 2 class players still finding their feet we have just as good replacements on the bench. Good times****ill we next loose and theyr all awfull) :innocent06:

Also I noticed last night that pretty much everytime he got the ball he was closed down by 3 Plymuff players! He needs games to improve in the centre not out on the wing. Im convinced theres still alot more to come from him!

Evander Sno is a class act and you're right - he was almost man marked out of the game and it often took 3 Plymuff players to do that !!!!!

Dont think its any coincidence that since these two have been with us that the team has struggled as they seem to be undroppable and stopping others who have proven to be capable at this level this season.

I've got to say that I agree with the sentiment here.

We do seem to have faltered a little since the inclusion of these guys, however dont forget we have had a torrid time with illness and injury and its likely that some of our teams of late have been more on the basis of availability than formation tactics form etc

Williams has had to wait for his chance and it seems he took it well and Louis I would suggest would be the first on most peoples team sheet under normal circumstances.

None the less despite the problems we have had we are right up there with a brilliant squad...Quote Bradley Orr 'This is the best squad we have had since I have been here' ...

I suspect Hartley will start if fit at Barnsley on Saturday and then its hard to pick the rest of the Midfield as there is so much high class competition...Scuse deserves a place I would suggest, but then who from Sno, Williams, LJ, Clarkson, Elliot...What a problem to have!!!

Cmon reds

I've got to say that I agree with the sentiment here.

We do seem to have faltered a little since the inclusion of these guys, however dont forget we have had a torrid time with illness and injury and its likely that some of our teams of late have been more on the basis of availability than formation tactics form etc

Williams has had to wait for his chance and it seems he took it well and Louis I would suggest would be the first on most peoples team sheet under normal circumstances.

None the less despite the problems we have had we are right up there with a brilliant squad...Quote Bradley Orr 'This is the best squad we have had since I have been here' ...

I suspect Hartley will start if fit at Barnsley on Saturday and then its hard to pick the rest of the Midfield as there is so much high class competition...Scuse deserves a place I would suggest, but then who from Sno, Williams, LJ, Clarkson, Elliot...What a problem to have!!!

Cmon reds

And we haven't played Sno in his best position yet. He's cold out there on the wing............. :tumbleweed:

Take a look at the highlights from Tuesday night: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/8318373.stm

Our 4 attempts, excluding the goals, were either Sno, or created by Sno, and maybe he should have done better, but his two set-ups were perfect...

He doesnt do everything right on the pitch, like getting caught in possesion, however the things he does well, he does brilliantly

Archived