IGNORED

Jamie Mccallister

Pete1975Legend

He doesn't get much of a mention on here, but Jamie Mccallister must be one of the best left backs in this division, his distribution although sometimes not ideal has come on leaps and bounds this season. His corners and free kicks over the past few games have also been outstanding.

Well done Mr McCallister the worry is what happens if he gets injured or suspended!!!!!!

He doesn't get much of a mention on here, but Jamie Mccallister must be one of the best left backs in this division, his distribution although sometimes not ideal has come on leaps and bounds this season. His corners and free kicks over the past few games have also been outstanding.

Well done Mr McCallister the worry is what happens if he gets injured or suspended!!!!!!

I thought he was defensively superb last night. He could do with a bit of competition, but no complaints whatsoever about him last night.

I had genuine concerns about Jamie adapting to a wing back right from the offset but infact he has looked a better player this season than ever before imo.

His distribution has been good his confidence seems up and if you look at this seasons goals its suprising how many Jamie has been involved in.

Well done son keep up the good work

I agree McCallister was spot on. Either him or Hartley needs to change their appearance as I keep getting them mixed up (not to mention Saborio, Haynes & Maynard), maybe a trip to Specsavers beckons!!

I don't think they can wear glasses when playing.

I said a couple of weeks ago that i thought mac was a good solid defensive player and comes in for a lot of unfair critisicm, he works hard puts in some crunching tackles and the only thing he strugges with at times is his distribution, the same can be said of Bradley also so its good to see a bit of praise for them for a change

He doesn't get much of a mention on here, but Jamie McCallister must be one of the best left backs in this division, his distribution although sometimes not ideal has come on leaps and bounds this season. His corners and free kicks over the past few games have also been outstanding.

I'm not McAllisters greatest fan but last night he had a good game. In fact he's improved since he stopped wellying 40 yard 'passes' up the pitch. Consequently his distribution has improved significantly. He played a couple of decent crosses last night but they were from much nearer the by-line than is usual for him. In fact one cross from much deeper sailed over everyones head and out for a goal kick. Perhaps he should remember that and try to get nearer the by-line more often.

I think his improvement is the fact he's further forward. His crossing from advanced positions is quite good, but from the left back position he just lumps it and I suspect he think his long range passing is good, when in fact it isnt!

I'm not McAllisters greatest fan but last night he had a good game. In fact he's improved since he stopped wellying 40 yard 'passes' up the pitch. Consequently his distribution has improved significantly. He played a couple of decent crosses last night but they were from much nearer the by-line than is usual for him. In fact one cross from much deeper sailed over everyones head and out for a goal kick. Perhaps he should remember that and try to get nearer the by-line more often.

And yet he crossed for Haynes to score the first from a relatively deep position (well certainly not the by-line)...

And yet he crossed for Haynes to score the first from a relatively deep position (well certainly not the by-line)...

Yes he did eventualy get one right.......

Played well last night but still too slow (old?)to get forward and back & be a constant 90min threat when playing as wing back - I personally would like to see real youth & pace in both the wing back positions especially with no winger in front of them - then we might actualy see one of them coming in at far post to tuck away a chance

Saw the goals on SSN and McAllister was level with the box when he crossed for Haynes and about 5 yards from the by-line with the cross for McCombe. Its not often he gets that far up the pitch. Obviously the nearer the player is to the by-line the harder the cross is to defend so he should get up there more often.

Woah slow sown. He had a very good game last night - he had his passing boots on and not his lump it boots - but to say he is one of the best left backs in the division is ridiculous. He's average at best and defintely not in the top 5. Still though as Riaz says he has no competition which we do need as a priority in my view.

Woah slow sown. He had a very good game last night - he had his passing boots on and not his lump it boots - but to say he is one of the best left backs in the division is ridiculous. He's average at best and defintely not in the top 5. Still though as Riaz says he has no competition which we do need as a priority in my view.

I would guess he's not in the top 15. McAllister's distribution is average at times, woeful on most occasions. Positioning has got a bit better but why does he feel the need to panic everytime he gets the ball and chip it up to Maynard's head?

He's got a pitching wedge for a foot. His, Orr's and McCombe's distribution is a big factor in why we arent playing well at the moment.

I would guess he's not in the top 15. McAllister's distribution is average at times, woeful on most occasions. Positioning has got a bit better but why does he feel the need to panic everytime he gets the ball and chip it up to Maynard's head?

He's got a pitching wedge for a foot. His, Orr's and McCombe's distribution is a big factor in why we arent playing well at the moment.

Don't think it helps him that we often have nobody playing wide left, it means he can't play it down the line so instead ends up having to play it long.

I thought he had an excellent game last night , both defensively and attacking . Made some magnificent tackles and blocks against Blackpool too . Hasn't had a bad game at home this season ,but cant comment on away games .

His temperment can be his biggest weakness . I'm sure the opposition try to wind him up deliberately . He lost his concentration in the last 5 minutes against Scunny following a petty skirmish . It didnt directly cost us , but we did give away too many petty free kicks after this.

Jamie McAllister's charge downs and blocks are now at international standard. With the rest of his game improving rapidly he has to be almost a cert for the Scottish national side first team.

is ribeiro not competition he must be close to fulll fitness

Archived