IGNORED

Good To Hear The Eastend Back In Full Voice

gordie

as the last couple of games imo we have been very quiet but last night was superb again, still got a sore voice now, :englandsmile4wf:

Was great fun in the East end like usual, although I agree with you on "the last couple of games imo we have been very quiet" I think this was because the last game was invite a friend so extra people where in there, making the atmosphere poor becuase no one sang together, and before that they opened it for general sale which also made it was worse than usual. With only Season Ticket holders allowed in this time around meant the atmoshere was once again lifted and very loud. I suppose the banter from the Plymouth fans helped as well as there was more away fans than the last couple of games. I think keep the East End open for only seaon card holders in the future, that way atmosphere can be at its best :D:D

RED ARRRRRMY

Was you in the same EE as me?

what do you mean? do you mean it was quiet in there last night or do you mean it has been good the previous couple of games, as for previous post i do take the point letting non season ticket holders does dampen the atmosphere but by stopping others coming in certainly would stop some people coming at all and when we are moaning about low attendances it would be shooting ourselves in the foot

what do you mean? do you mean it was quiet in there last night or do you mean it has been good the previous couple of games, as for previous post i do take the point letting non season ticket holders does dampen the atmosphere but by stopping others coming in certainly would stop some people coming at all and when we are moaning about low attendances it would be shooting ourselves in the foot

Good point about attendences and stuff, but it does Dampen the atmosphere in my opinion. To be onest its my first season in the East End as i was a Ateyo card holder 3 in a row before, so any amount of singing seems loud to me :D but that seemed the loadest and best so far last night to me. From the last comment i hope it does get even better, if thats possible, seemed loud to me :D

The EE to me seems to have lost it's magic

In what way has it lost its ''magic''?

Its open all the time now so perhaps people are getting used to it more, as opposed to a few years back when it was rare and exciting for it to be open.

I still think as an away fan coming in, its one of the most intimidating parts of any ground in the CCC.

I was wondering whether nearly 3 blocks of segregation had anything to do with the atmosphere,ive got a dolman ST but from there the atmosphere doesnt seem to have been so special this year. Maybe the banter with the away crowd is lost by having such a vast space between the 2 sets of fans. Is such a big space really needed,especially bearing in mind newcastle had a thin line of stewards

I think the importance of the East End last night was that they were still singing when the team most needed it, at around 50 - 60 minutes. Maybe the rest of the ground was going for it too, but you can't hear a damn thing from the rest of the ground in the East End. Thought the megaphone got things going again at just the right time. Fair play.

I was wondering whether nearly 3 blocks of segregation had anything to do with the atmosphere,ive got a dolman ST but from there the atmosphere doesnt seem to have been so special this year. Maybe the banter with the away crowd is lost by having such a vast space between the 2 sets of fans. Is such a big space really needed,especially bearing in mind newcastle had a thin line of stewards

This is something that's always annoyed me, and I just don't understand it. Most other grounds have one row of stewards, or if its a more rowdy game, police. I really don't see the need for the big block/blocks we leave empty. Having said that maybe we wouldn't fill it anyway and it would then be less conjested and not as together. Just a thought though.

This is something that's always annoyed me, and I just don't understand it. Most other grounds have one row of stewards, or if its a more rowdy game, police. I really don't see the need for the big block/blocks we leave empty. Having said that maybe we wouldn't fill it anyway and it would then be less conjested and not as together. Just a thought though.

In fairness for the big games were its a sell out/ almost sold out, there is bearly any room between us and the away fans bar a tiny bit of netting and police. The game against Palace in the play-offs springs to mind, i can remember there being almost no netting at that game for example. For the games like last night were the east end is clearly not going to sell out i dont mind the large blocks left in the middle tbh, at least like you said it keeps everyone packed intogether creating a better atmosphere.

Guest bigcheese

Games like last night the e-e need to spur on the other stands imo (endless red army chant makes most people join in eventually and shuts up the visiting fans to boot), they almost got my bit of the dolman going at one point and what's this score 3 and am I wrong in thinking no bouncing? :P

But yes e-e did an excellent solo job last nite :-)

Best this season, and would beat most of last season too.

I'm convinced it used to be louder when it was open sparingly than now, because since the number of season tickets were expanded, it's full of people only after a cheap deal. This is when it tailed off for me.

I think there are still only 1200 season tickets in the EE, the same as last year.

lately the ee hasnt been the same i will agree but i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

i think on the days where you can bring a friend does have an influence, and it seems to be negative slightly.

its weird cos i thought it felt a lot busier in there on tuesday night with season card holders only, than it did on saturday when you could bring someone with you.

btw, anyone know what that jill dando song is about?...

Not sommat that can be posted on here

Was great fun in the East end like usual, although I agree with you on "the last couple of games imo we have been very quiet" I think this was because the last game was invite a friend so extra people where in there, making the atmosphere poor becuase no one sang together, and before that they opened it for general sale which also made it was worse than usual. With only Season Ticket holders allowed in this time around meant the atmoshere was once again lifted and very loud. I suppose the banter from the Plymouth fans helped as well as there was more away fans than the last couple of games. I think keep the East End open for only seaon card holders in the future, that way atmosphere can be at its best :D:D

RED ARRRRRMY

:noexpression: I think open it to everyone same as the rest of the ground; we are not all the same, some are really struggling and cant do the ST thing.

imo there are still a few that sing way to fast!

i dont see the point in the dando or thrashing machine song

on the whole the EE has quiet this season but as someone else said i wouldn't want to be anywhere else

Is it 'thrashing' or 'threshing' ?

Who knows (or cares) ?

i dont see the point in the dando or thrashing machine song

Personally I think they add a bit of humour into the stand. Irrelevant songs like that make me chuckle. There's a time and a place for the generic na na na CITY songs just as there is a time and a place for the 'off the wall' stuff. It helps to make the East End special and unique.

as the last couple of games imo we have been very quiet but last night was superb again, still got a sore voice now, :englandsmile4wf:

my voice only came back today,totally hoarse on wednesday,

but quality atmosphere in there on tuesday,

when we scored our 2nd and 3rd it went barmy, :dancing6::bonkers::thumbsup:

the plymouth fans helped with their attemps

Archived