IGNORED

World Cup Bid

Mr Popodopolous

Regarding the World Cup bid, I saw an interesting article on the Beeb site.

Sheffield Wednesday are upgrading Hillsborough. Part of that will be in the form of a Government grant.

Funding is expected to come from increased club revenue and government grants.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_y...ire/8317367.stm

Why would this be? It appears that our bid will be self funding plus Tesco. Have we been offered a Government grant or equivelant??

Regarding the World Cup bid, I saw an interesting article on the Beeb site.

Sheffield Wednesday are upgrading Hillsborough. Part of that will be in the form of a Government grant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_y...ire/8317367.stm

Why would this be? It appears that our bid will be self funding plus Tesco. Have we been offered a Government grant or equivelant??

There wil be some grants available from local and national Government but most of the funding has to be found by BCFC. Some of this will be raised by the sale of AG and some by the value of ancillary elements of development of the Ashton Vale site.

I've (only) just read the article in the October Sky Sports Mag where Phil Thompson discusses Liverpool & Everton ground sharing. Sounds so similar to the Bristol duo.

1. "If you canvass fans of the two teams, 85% are against it".

2. "People refer to Milan, but Inter & AC have shared for decades so that is their history. Besides, the stadium is bland".

3. "We've our own grounds, traditions and things we do before games and specific seats where we like to be.

4. "The local council have been putting pressure on the clubs and they shouldn't".

5. "Liverpool as a city needs a shared stadium to be considered for the 2018 World Cup should England get it"

6. "It would be a plus if it happened, but the council didn't do enough to keep Everton in the city in the first place which is why they looked at moving to Kirby".

7. "Councils come & go, football clubs and their heritage are forvever".

Archived