IGNORED

Disgraceful

CARLE08

Why do some people turn up to watch bristol city do you expect us to win every game we wont beat everyone we should be beating we drew 1-1 for gods sakes we didnt lose weve been unbeaten for along time now and people boo?? wtf is all that about dont bother turning up i wanna see people getting behind the team not booing them what an utter disgrace i am so disspointed with the booers.

oooo you've opened up a can of worms here ;) For what its worth i agree with you but youl probably get alot of abuse for saying this, well done for trying to get some realism though :)

Yeah cue a "special" forum member saying that there are "some forum members who's opinions are very well respected". Could he be more patronising!

Take a look at the league table and you will find that we lose less games than anyone.

You will also find that we have more points than anyone at home.

Away from the league table, you will see that we had a squad riddled with injury and illness, and that we're not playing birlliantly. But, we're fifth.

'Massive club' syndrome in league one is one thing, but some people think we deserve to dominate the championship week in week out.

I think sometimes people forget there is another team on the pitch trying to win as well! I don't believe we started with the right formation or the right team selection but the manager has admitted that and changed it at half time. We can't win every game and we are in a good position but it is also understandable that people get frustrated at being so close to getting points this season and then being notched back. Let's hope for a run of wins (Gary said in today's programme that you need three winsd on the trot to call it a run).

Why do some people turn up to watch bristol city do you expect us to win every game we wont beat everyone we should be beating we drew 1-1 for gods sakes we didnt lose weve been unbeaten for along time now and people boo?? wtf is all that about dont bother turning up i wanna see people getting behind the team not booing them what an utter disgrace i am so disspointed with the booers.

It seems that you are already having your wish, Crowds are down on last season.

IMO It's because of the lack of entertainment.

We do have a great home record but was today worth paying £28 to watch?

depends why people go. If I wanted to go and watch a lovely game of football, I'd go and watch Arsenal a few times a season.

But is it too much to ask to watch my team play a "lovely game of football". I'm sure that is the reason a lot of people turn up - or maybe that's just me?

depends why people go. If I wanted to go and watch a lovely game of football, I'd go and watch Arsenal a few times a season.

Wasn't it only a couple of years ago that BCFC's football was so fluent, and such a delight to watch, that we were frequently referred to as "the Arsenal of the Championship"?

It's not so entertaining now, even though with the players at our disposal, it surely could be.

I think sometimes people forget there is another team on the pitch trying to win as well! I don't believe we started with the right formation or the right team selection but the manager has admitted that and changed it at half time. We can't win every game and we are in a good position but it is also understandable that people get frustrated at being so close to getting points this season and then being notched back. Let's hope for a run of wins (Gary said in today's programme that you need three wins on the trot to call it a run).

Can't something be done about this? I find that these ' other teams' are a major pain in the butt! Just think how good we'd be without other teams on the pitch, we would probably have won today if that had been the case - 1-0 up then dig in!! ;-)

It seems that you are already having your wish, Crowds are down on last season.

IMO It's because of the lack of entertainment.

We do have a great home record but was today worth paying £28 to watch?

I think it is partly this, but attendances are largely affected by many people buying the early bird season tickets in our playoff season to see premier league football, and then not renewing when we didn't get promoted last time.

Crowds are down on last season.

We lost 4,000 season ticket holders, some of whom didn't renew because (a) they'd bought season tickets in the hope of Premier League football (without giving a stuff about BCFC), (b) some of whom didn't renew because they didn't like what they saw last season (and aren't diehard fans), and © some of whom didn't renew because they couldn't afford to in the recession, even though they had previously stuck with the club through thick and thin.

Group (a) won't return unless we are in with a realistic chance of promotion.

Group (b) should return regularly if they hear the 'entertainment factor' has improved.

Group © should return regularly in better economic times.

Truth is a hell of a lot of ppl aint been turning up this season

What does that tell you?

It tells me there's a recession and people are impacted by it. We are 5th and have brought in some substantial recruits and are trying play rather than hoof the ball. ard economic times would i think have more to dowith smaller gates than the way we are playing.

Booing your own is not on :disapointed2se:

I think sometimes people forget there is another team on the pitch trying to win as well! I don't believe we started with the right formation or the right team selection but the manager has admitted that and changed it at half time. We can't win every game and we are in a good position but it is also understandable that people get frustrated at being so close to getting points this season and then being notched back. Let's hope for a run of wins (Gary said in today's programme that you need three wins on the trot to call it a run).

Can't something be done about this? I find that these ' other teams' are a major pain in the butt! Just think how good we'd be without other teams on the pitch, we would probably have won today if that had been the case - 1-0 up then dig in!! ;-)

Lovely thought but how would the game get restarted after we scored?

Wasn't it only a couple of years ago that BCFC's football was so fluent, and such a delight to watch, that we were frequently referred to as "the Arsenal of the Championship"?

Never heard us get called that. Chelsea of League 1 by Mad Dog Allen I think was the most OTT

For gods sake man....stop being so positive on here - you'll get yourself in to trouble. Heres what you should do -

1. Booh your own manager and players - allways goes down well on this forum.

2. Scrutinise every tactical decision....if we win say nothing....but if we draw or lose write a 5 page essay on how bad it was....promote yourself as tactical genius who allways knows best.

3. allways start a post by saying - "i'm not a LJ basher but....."

4. Be generally very depressed

5. Call GJ a conference manager!

6. Make a post entitled - 'Same old same old' = then yourself spout the same old rubbish you've been posting for months - CLEVER THAT!

7. Be generally very depressed

8. If we play 442 and lose - blame it on the formation

9. If we play 352 and lose - blame it on the formation

10 If we play 433 and lose - blame it on the formation

11 Be generally very depressed

12 Call anyone sattisfied with being a meagre 5th in the table a 'Happy Clapper!

Be sure if you abide by the above you will get on much better on here!

:innocent06:

It tells me there's a recession and people are impacted by it. We are 5th and have brought in some substantial recruits and are trying play rather than hoof the ball. ard economic times would i think have more to dowith smaller gates than the way we are playing.

Were you there yesterday - we were playing hoof ball - how many times did our back four lump it upfield - time and time again - the small gates are down to the fact that people are not enjoying it much - if the football was great they would be here - but anyway - it is hoofball most of the time

For gods sake man....stop being so positive on here - you'll get yourself in to trouble. Heres what you should do -

2. Scrutinise every tactical decision....if we win say nothing....but if we draw or lose write a 5 page essay on how bad it was....promote yourself as tactical genius who allways knows best.

6. Make a post entitled - 'Same old same old' = then yourself spout the same old rubbish you've been posting for months - CLEVER THAT!

12 Call anyone sattisfied with being a meagre 5th in the table a 'Happy Clapper!

Haven't you left off number 13.Gary Johnson got us promoted, therefore, anything he ever does in the future cannot be criticised.

Guest david wka

I really dont know what peoples problems are ok were not the best team in the championship by far but least were in there. Playing good sides and the fall out from the Premier League. I think City are punching above their weight anyway. Last season someone compiled a report of satistics of every team in the last hundred years. Guess where it placed Bristol City fifth in league one. So if your happy playing sides like Exeter and Leyton Orient then Im pleased for you...........

:laugh: - I saw item number 2 and thought I know who this sounds like, from then on it its like you just describing 1 very depressed member of the forum that has had a massive chip on his shoulder since Johnson didn't get the sack as soon as he thought he should have.

We lost 4,000 season ticket holders, some of whom didn't renew because (a) they'd bought season tickets in the hope of Premier League football (without giving a stuff about BCFC), (b) some of whom didn't renew because they didn't like what they saw last season (and aren't diehard fans), and © some of whom didn't renew because they couldn't afford to in the recession, even though they had previously stuck with the club through thick and thin.

Group (a) won't return unless we are in with a realistic chance of promotion.

Group (b) should return regularly if they hear the 'entertainment factor' has improved.

Group © should return regularly in better economic times.

There is also a group (d) regarding season tickets. There are, I'm sure, quite a few who purchased a season ticket last year for fear of not being able to attend Premier League matches at all, despite normally watching city on a reasonably regular basis. i.e. they felt it was the only option they had, given we had every chance of winning the playoffs.

Having missed out on promotion they were not 'obliged' to renew as there would be plenty of tickets available from match to match this year.

Seems to me there's this old British disease - maybe it stems from the war when everything was rationed and we were all brought up to be thankful for what we got.

Perhaps the old british 'stiff upper lip' was born from this too and the 'It's not the winning, it's the taking part' tenet.

So now, in modern Britain, we are a bunch of losers - we can't breed decent sportsmen and women because of our culture and more recently the 'politically correct' brigade who decide that there are no losers.

I truly believe this country has lost its will to win and the drive to achieve perfection and it pervades football like a cancer. I am convinced its why we have so many foreign players in our game.

I want to be a winner and I want my team to win and win well, and it frustrates the hell out of me when we under-achieve and then I'm told by others to be thankful for what we have.

When a new football season starts, some teams are just looking to survive! What is that mentality? What is the point in taking part in a competition if you're not in it to WIN it?

We HAVE to be the best we can be, otherwise there's no point.

:englandsmile4wf: DIG IN?And give away a late own goal.Get real!!! :englandsmile4wf:

Well said you I too am fed up with the booing . If you cannot support your team stay away simple really...........

Archived