IGNORED

Championship Table

gater2

Just looking at the Championship table, it reminds me very much of 2 years ago, when we got to the playoff final. There are only 7 points separating 1st from 12th, and no one is running away with it (I know it's still early). I remember 2 years ago no one could get any kind of momentum and everyone was very close right till the end. Hopefully this could work to our advantage, if we can stick around the playoffs and have a similar strategy (whatever that was in 07-08) we could definitely finish in the top 6. Essentially we need to keep doing what we're doing. I know draws are frustrating (especially at home) but it doesn't seem that anyone else is taking advantage. We've drawn 6 out of our last 10 games but we're still 5th!

I also think we're benefitting from being underdogs again this year unlike last year when people expected us to do just as well.

I know draws are frustrating (especially at home) but it doesn't seem that anyone else is taking advantage. We've drawn 6 out of our last 10 games but we're still 5th!

I also think we're benefitting from being underdogs again this year unlike last year when people expected us to do just as well.

I don't think Bolton fans have forgiven us yet for the 75-76 season. The top 4 were Sunderland, City, WBA & Bolton. At the time it was only 2 points for a win. When a few years later 3 points were awarded for a win, some Bolton statto looked at that table and yep; had there been 3 for a win then, City would have been 4th and Bolton 2nd as they had tended to win or lose.

As for underdogs, that was mentioned by the "studio expert" on yesterday's Cardiff - Forest commentary. "Forest, Blackpool and Bristol City have all slipped under the radar and all could be there or thereabouts at the end of the season".

I don't think Bolton fans have forgiven us yet for the 75-76 season. The top 4 were Sunderland, City, WBA & Bolton. At the time it was only 2 points for a win. When a few years later 3 points were awarded for a win, some Bolton statto looked at that table and yep; had there been 3 for a win then, City would have been 4th and Bolton 2nd as they had tended to win or lose.

As for underdogs, that was mentioned by the "studio expert" on yesterday's Cardiff - Forest commentary. "Forest, Blackpool and Bristol City have all slipped under the radar and all could be there or thereabouts at the end of the season".

With the Beeb's so called experts, we would slip under the radar if we were 10 points clear at the top of the table!"

Just looking at the Championship table, it reminds me very much of 2 years ago, when we got to the playoff final. There are only 7 points separating 1st from 12th, and no one is running away with it (I know it's still early). I remember 2 years ago no one could get any kind of momentum and everyone was very close right till the end. Hopefully this could work to our advantage, if we can stick around the playoffs and have a similar strategy (whatever that was in 07-08) we could definitely finish in the top 6. Essentially we need to keep doing what we're doing. I know draws are frustrating (especially at home) but it doesn't seem that anyone else is taking advantage. We've drawn 6 out of our last 10 games but we're still 5th!

Personally i think you have hit the nail on the head with this post, we are in a very similar situation to 2 years ago, maybe the football was slightly better but not a great deal better but whereas back then it was our 1st season in the championship and people weren't expecting great things now some people think we should be winning every game playing exciting football, myself yes i would prefer to see more attacking football but i dont think its as bad as some seem to think so

Archived