IGNORED

This Is The Championship

Redhyde

Don't worry, this is not another wall of text. And this is my last GJ video post.

"I think people got to understand the competition, and the competition that we're in." - GJ

I really believe this is a huge source of unhappiness for our fans. In league 1 there were the top eight or so if that, and CANNON FODDER. We've got bottom of the table Ipswich coming up at home and i'm looking at it as a hard game where i wouldn't be gutted if we got a point. We're somewhat used to if we play well we win at home, and if we play badly we may still win. Whereas in this ultra competetive league if you play really badly you lose, but in every game pretty much you have the chances or opportunities to win. But i've seen the comments and made them about when was the last time we dominated a game for say 75 minutes, but we simply haven't the much higher standard of players int he team in order to do that so we really should be delighted by our position.

And if we're fifth in that sort of league then we're doing something right.

But I really think that's aimed at a very small % of fans. Because most people aren't complaining about that at all. It's the actual style of football not the number of goals we score. And while we understand it's very hard to play great football against teams who deliberately try to stop that. There must at some point be a time you can play it, because so far recently we haven't.

Don't worry, this is not another wall of text. And this is my last GJ video post.

"I think people got to understand the competition, and the competition that we're in." - GJ

I really believe this is a huge source of unhappiness for our fans. In league 1 there were the top eight or so if that, and CANNON FODDER. We've got bottom of the table Ipswich coming up at home and i'm looking at it as a hard game where i wouldn't be gutted if we got a point. We're somewhat used to if we play well we win at home, and if we play badly we may still win. Whereas in this ultra competetive league if you play really badly you lose, but in every game pretty much you have the chances or opportunities to win. But i've seen the comments and made them about when was the last time we dominated a game for say 75 minutes, but we simply haven't the much higher standard of players int he team in order to do that so we really should be delighted by our position.

And if we're fifth in that sort of league then we're doing something right.

I`m not sure unhappiness is the right word, but i do believe that many posters do still have a Lge 1 mentality. I think we spent many a season under achieving in Lge 1 and IMO the 2/3 seasons prior to promotion we all felt that we were one of the big fish. A lot of people have struggled to come to terms with the fact that we arn`t in that situation anymore.

Personally i would describe ourselves as an established CCC side even though it`s only our 3rd season back. We`ve adapted well and aside from flirting with the bottom of the table prior to xmas last year we have been able to maintain a healthy position in the lge. Me, i`m happy to continue that progress over the next few seasons with anything extra as a bonus, but not expected.

It would be nice though to be looking in a few years time at the start of the season to be able to say, with justification, BCFC one of the teams looking for automatic promotion. As long as we can keep the building work going, i`m happy. BCFC are far from the finished article and, i hope, the best is yet to come.

PDG

It would be nice though to be looking in a few years time at the start of the season to be able to say, with justification, BCFC one of the teams looking for automatic promotion. As long as we can keep the building work going, i`m happy. BCFC are far from the finished article and, i hope, the best is yet to come.

PDG

But we didn't think that, so we're over performing expectations (which should be a great thing) but in all honesty performing at the level we think we should be (mid table). So we're all pesimistic that that's where we'll end up. But that's what we thought we'd be at the start of the season... so we should be enjoying our time near the top while it lasts. With the understanding that we're perhaps not int he position to play scintilating football and wipe the cannon fodder off the park at home.

t's the actual style of football not the number of goals we score. And while we understand it's very hard to play great football against teams who deliberately try to stop that. There must at some point be a time you can play it, because so far recently we haven't.

Yet another poster expressing his opinion on the style of football that we have been seeing this season.

Yet another poster expressing his opinion on the style of football that we have been seeing this season.

To be fair, though, he is expressing it with a fair degree of balance and his overall point is a very fair one.

It's one thing to express a notion of what you would like to see from the team, coupled with an understanding of reasons why that might not have happened so far, and another altogether to just make blanket statements condemning the manager no matter what he does.

• Admin

RedHyde wasn't criticising the style of football. You appear to be deliberately mis-representing him. I wonder why? He was pointing out an angle that a very small percentage of our supporters, who perhaps have admitted on this very forum that they do have an agenda, use unfairly against the manager in order to forward that agenda.

I ask again: Is it any wonder that people consider your posts to be written with an agenda, when you've now admitted you have one?

It's competitive and anyone can beat anyone but don't get fooled by a bit of Prem hype overspill. This is division 2. We've been here before. It's not the case that City fans should be thinking "I'm just happy to be here". We should be looking to progress, slowly and sustainably and reasonably but progress all the same.

• Admin
It's competitive and anyone can beat anyone but don't get fooled by a bit of Prem hype overspill. This is division 2. We've been here before. It's not the case that City fans should be thinking "I'm just happy to be here". We should be looking to progress, slowly and sustainably and reasonably but progress all the same.

....agreed, and I, for one, believe that to be the case. I may be being presumptuous here Nibor but I think you do too?

Do you think that Redhyde, or any other poster who has a similiar opinion has an 'agenda'? :dunno: because when I post something similair thats what I get accussed of.

My genuine agenda most of the time is to have a chat about BCFC.

If you know GJ well you'll know why he gets stick time from me.

I don't know why they thought so before but you've kinda confirmed it. I without knowing you or having any contact with you think you have an agenda or at least a non footballing reason to dislike GJ. Does this affect your posts, well, I think the post above confirms it does.

With that reputation you'll have to try extra hard to make your criticism justified and rational, and you'll find it very hard to be respected (as you're being hammered alot, people don't), which we all probably want when we post. It won't help to derail threads to whine.

I want replies about the league one mentality, and whether people think this is a right or true idea I've pointed out. I've also given a reason for our football style. An understanding. I don't think we're good enough to dominate games. When we do dominate briefly how are we playing? Not great? Opinions please!

We are. Last season saw us finish 10th, however despite this being behind the previous finish, we built a multimillion pound training complex and announced a new stadium.

This is tangible progress.

....agreed, and I, for one, believe that to be the case. I may be being presumptuous here Nibor but I think you do too?

Given today's accounts I'm not sure I'd use the word sustainably but yes we're progressing.

The point I'm trying to make is that there should be some pressure on the club from the fans. Not a massive amount. Not to the point of sacking a manager for a top half finish. But still, if we adopt a "happy to be here" mentality we'll be as unambitious as the blue few.

RedHyde wasn't criticising the style of football. You appear to be deliberately mis-representing him. I wonder why? He was pointing out an angle that a very small percentage of our supporters, who perhaps have admitted on this very forum that they do have an agenda, use unfairly against the manager in order to forward that agenda.

I ask again: Is it any wonder that people consider your posts to be written with an agenda, when you've now admitted you have one?

I was talking about the complaints of people as to what GJ said. I think there's a difference and was highlighting that.

I do for the record think our football isn't great when we have the opportunity to play it. I don't think we have that much opportunity to play it sometimes as explained by GJ which i agree with.

I do for the record think our football isn't great when we have the opportunity to play it. I don't think we have that much opportunity to play it sometimes as explained by GJ which i agree with.

I agree with that there are times when the opposition stops you from playing and a good example of that would be QPR. City played some excellent stuff in the first half but QPR re-grouped during half time, changed formation and in the second half really dominated. Many fans know enough about football to appreciate a decent performace from the other team.

Home games - the emphasis is on the home side to be offensive. It happens pretty much whenever you go. Because of that away sides are often on the back foot but liable to be able to attack on the break. Thats what happened at Barnsley and City played some decent stuff because of Barnsley attacking and allowing City the space to play.

In the lower leagues teams used to come to AG and in 90% of games would sit back and frequently City would struggle to break them down. That doesn't happen as regularly in the CCC. Teams do come and attack far more. Reading, WBA and Brum all did that last season to good effect.

Maybe to make use of pace in the City team City should sit back more at AG and encourage the opposition to come out and essentially play on the break.

• Admin
I agree with that there are times when the opposition stops you from playing and a good example of that would be QPR. City played some excellent stuff in the first half but QPR re-grouped during half time, changed formation and in the second half really dominated. Many fans know enough about football to appreciate a decent performace from the other team.

Home games - the emphasis is on the home side to be offensive. It happens pretty much whenever you go. Because of that away sides are often on the back foot but liable to be able to attack on the break. Thats what happened at Barnsley and City played some decent stuff because of Barnsley attacking and allowing City the space to play.

In the lower leagues teams used to come to AG and in 90% of games would sit back and frequently City would struggle to break them down. That doesn't happen as regularly in the CCC. Teams do come and attack far more. Reading, WBA and Brum all did that last season to good effect.

Maybe to make use of pace in the City team City should sit back more at AG and encourage the opposition to come out and essentially play on the break.

You appear to be saying that because we've scored in every home game so far, that we're clearly doing enough right to get that initial goal but to get that second goal, once we take the lead we ought to start sitting back? Not sure you'll gain much support for that one Robbored.

And although it's starting to get a little boring asking: Is it any wonder that people consider your posts to be written with an agenda, when you've now admitted you have one?

Perhaps that leads to the 1-0 scenario. At 1-0 we are told they they are told to go forwards, we then lose the ball alot and look like we're being pressed back, then if we were told to sit back it may well have the opposite effect, we'd keep the ball and be more effective at creating chances. Sit back to play better and attack more. could work! Gary said Wednesday got so much confidence from their defending they decided to attack more, if we'd sat back and kept ball they wouldn't have been so happy with their defending just frustrated that they didn't have the ball and had to keep running.

You appear to be saying that because we've scored in every home game so far, that we're clearly doing enough right to get that initial goal but to get that second goal, once we take the lead we ought to start sitting back? Not sure you'll gain much support for that one Robbored.

So which Inns did you graduate from? Your're pretty good at spinning others people words around. :whistle2:

I was asking that at times when teams do sit back and park the bus that maybe City should sit back themselves in an effort to draw the opposition out of their defensive mindset. Scoring one goal has proved to be inadequate three times already this season so maybe the game plan needs to be revisited.

• Admin
So which Inns did you graduate from? Your're pretty good at spinning others people words around. :whistle2:

I was asking that at times when teams do sit back and park the bus that maybe City should sit back themselves in an effort to draw the opposition out of their defensive mindset. Scoring one goal has proved to be inadequate three times already this season so maybe the game plan needs to be revisited.

So the teams sit back at 0-0 and we successfully break that down and score an opening goal, as we have done in every home league game this season, without the need to "sit back".

On the 3 occasions that this has proven to be inadequate, how many times have the opposition continued to "park the bus" thus giving City an opportunity to sit back and hit them on the break?

Oh and your reply appeared to dodge the question I have asked of you three times now. I even highlighted it to make it easier for you to spot. Again: Is it any wonder that people consider your posts to be written with an agenda, when you've now admitted you have one?

Or perhaps you would like to answer a different one: How do you correlate your self appointed position as the seeker of truth and justice with your admitted position of holding a non-footballing agenda against our current manager?

I'd have thought that a self-confessed sage would have no problem providing an answer to either of those questions?

I think that's a really interesting observation, we have pace in abundance and I bet the tactic would work as you suggest. Trouble is the "I want to be entertained" brigade would probably not accept us playing a counter-attacking formation when at home, especially when playing 'weaker' teams.

Archived