IGNORED

Show Your Support For Gary Johnson

bcfcnick

If you think that its just a few posters who are not happy then you are sadly misinformed there has been a seed corn change of what a lot of fans think of Johnson over the last 2 years.

If you go down the gate the atmosphere is subdued apart from a few in the EE and they need a megaphone to try to whip up the crowd.

we are used to not holding a lead one goal a game boring football.

To me I think that the very fact you need to post this shows there is a problem yes Johnson has done OK but a long way from being a top manager at the moment.

PLease read the topic headline.If you don't want to show your support then please start your own topic.I support GJ 100%.

No doubt Johnson has done a pretty good job so far. This our third season in the CCC and he and Steve Lansdown have led the club to a level of stability both on and off the pitch that we've not seen for decades. He strenghthen the squad considerably over the summer and from what we've seen so far has brought in some quality players. All the building bricks are in place and now its time to push on.

The level of losses being incurred by the club are indicative of a certain level of instability, in my opinion. No sane business should run up large losses each and every year without asking itself just what the hell it's doing wrong!

The level of losses being incurred by the club are indicative of a certain level of instability, in my opinion. No sane business should run up large losses each and every year without asking itself just what the hell it's doing wrong!

It's pretty obvious what it's doing wrong.

It's running a football club and attempting to compete at the highest level. All English football clubs at the moment are fairly unstable as businesses and are extremely vulnerable to the whims of fate. The only way to be sure of surviving is to reach the top and stay there. Everything else is risky.

City are lucky in that they have a rich businessman holding the purse strings and an astute football man running the team. There is risk but I am confident it is being managed by the right people.

If you go down the gate the atmosphere is subdued apart from a few in the EE and they need a megaphone to try to whip up the crowd.....

..... yes Johnson has done OK but a long way from being a top manager at the moment.

I really have had enough of your 'black is white' cr*p. The atmosphere at AG is no worse than it has been for 10 years. Fact.

Gary Johnson has not 'done OK' - he has achieved more than Tinnion, Wilson, Osman, Pulis, Lumsden, Jordan, Benny, Cooper, Houghton or Hodgson. He has established City in the second tier of English football - something none of the above were capable of doing in the previous 25 years.

You are clearly a vey sad individual who can take no pleasure from life and seeks only to find fault in others who are infinitely more successful than you.

I support GJ 100 per cent. Long may he continue to lead BCFC.

Well_red

I havent posted on here for a while, been getting a bit sick of the negativity,

(Not that i disagree with constructive criticism), just dont like criticism for fun..

However 101% behind Gary. As is my daughter , (A new red follower)

She's just turned eleven and where we live everyone is either Leeds, Forest, Derby or mancs.

Her attitude is i dont care if were not chelsea or manks were BCFC and i love them.

Very proud of her as the peer pressure to support "bigger" clubs is immense round here.

Ahhh to be young and only see the good

Guest ashtonyate
I really have had enough of your 'black is white' cr*p. The atmosphere at AG is no worse than it has been for 10 years. Fact.

Gary Johnson has not 'done OK' - he has achieved more than Tinnion, Wilson, Osman, Pulis, Lumsden, Jordan, Benny, Cooper, Houghton or Hodgson. He has established City in the second tier of English football - something none of the above were capable of doing in the previous 25 years.

You are clearly a vey sad individual who can take no pleasure from life and seeks only to find fault in others who are infinitely more successful than you.

Well_red

Most of the other were never given the money to spend that Johnson has had, given that we are kept being told that we are fifth in the league its funny that people have to come on here pleadging their support for the Manager if all in the Garden was smelling of roses

Well_red

Agreed, AY lighten up.

yea - 100% behind GJ and SL

We have come a long way almost as fast as when we dropped down from the heady heights of the top div - well it seems that way to me.

i'm still chuffed to bits to be back in the Championship.

this stuff is making me happy clappy tonight

Johnson has done OK but a long way from being a top manager at the moment.

Ashtonyate, I asked you the question a while ago (in a thread where you were having a pop at GJ) which other City managers in the past 30 years you reckon have done a better job than Johnson. You replied that this was irrelevant and that I should start a new thread about it. Well I didn't have time and couldn't be arsed.

So now you have confirmed your view that he's not one of the best, could you please answer, just out of interest, which other managers since Alan Dicks have been better?

Ta

He's a victim of his own success but he shouldn't be. We are a million miles away from where we were when he came in, seriously. We've finished in the top-half of the Championship, one of the toughest leagues around (especially this season) twice, and look to be heading for more of the same. That's still with many components of the same team that finished that last season in League 1, and thus the same players who were expected to take us to 'consolidation'.

Finishing 4th in the league was an unbelievable achievement and one that I doubt any promoted club (bar possibly Leicester, who are a far bigger club than us, IMHO) will achieve this feat for some while yet.

Being 5th now is a position no club, other than the relegated teams at a push, would be disappointed to find themselves in. Johnson is a manager who must live or fall by his results, and that shouldn't need expanding on any further.

It should be added, though, that a minority of those who doubt Johnson have very poisonous thoughts.

If Gary were managing the club in an era before fans' expectations were spoiled by constant Premier League football he would be worshipped by every supporter (except AY).

I'm 100% behind him and Steve Lansdown, and would be seriously hacked off if negativity drove him out of the club (although no issue with genuine constructive criticism).

Keep it up GJ, delighted to have you here.

Our manager is just fine thanks. I will happily stick.

Twice a year when the transfer windows open, we have to consider who is our greatest asset and might they get poached?

Last season I would argue our only key player who's loss would really impact us was Basso.

This season, it would be Maynard.

Though across every season, Johnson is the real asset.

Every time a bigger club bins their boss, I get nervous. Could Big Club FC come knocking at BS3? What a downer that would be. For that reason I hate publicity for BCFC, and in a slightly warped way, fear that jumping to the top of the league, or launching a big cup run could cost us the very thing that strangely a deranged minority actually seem to want - the departure of our manager.

Lets be grateful, very grateful, for what we have got. I am.

Gary Johnson is the best Manager we have had since Alan Dicks and he will get us promoted to the Premier League , whether it will be this season or one to come , just look at the squad we have now compared to when he joined us and dream of the one we will have when GJ eventually retires (after beating Alex Fergusons record of tenure !!)

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Archived