IGNORED

Show Your Support For Gary Johnson

bcfcnick

Not 100 % behind Gj at all, probably about 85 to 90 %

Right man for the job but I have my opinions which imo we are all entitled to

I'm 100% behind GJ - I trust his decisions, which he does with the best interests of our football club at heart.

A chairman and manager in harmony who trust each other are a powerful choice.... both have my utter support.

I'm amazed a thread like this is even needed. Johnson is a top manager in terms of what we've had, and compared to others in the Championship.

We're in a strong posistion, and on the verde of hopefully securing the future of this football club.

Forget the stirring of muppets, i'd be amazed if the vast majority of City fans weren't happy with GJ

Guest ashtonyate

This very thread shows there is a problem or there would be no reason to write it, you can bang the Johnson drum as much as you like but the fact is there are a lot of City fans out there who are fed up with the uninspiring football being played over the last couple of season.

As I pointed out about Johnson yes he has done OK but none of the Managers over the last 25 years have had the backing of a benefactor like Lansdown money.

So I would say if Johnson is that good a manager then he should be able to play a more entertaining style of football.

If Gary were managing the club in an era before fans' expectations were spoiled by constant Premier League football he would be worshipped by every supporter (except AY).

I'm 100% behind him and Steve Lansdown, and would be seriously hacked off if negativity drove him out of the club (although no issue with genuine constructive criticism).

Keep it up GJ, delighted to have you here.

The ironic thing is that some of GJ's biggest critics were probably supporting City during the Alan Dicks era.

Whilst he was successful and eventually got us promoted, the style of football was as bad, if not far worse, than anything we see today.

Luckily for him he never had internet forums and keyboard warriors to contend with. Don't think he would have lasted 13 years as manager if he did.

Back then we may have had had a moan at the ground (Dicks out!"!!) but didn't feel the need to spend the rest of the week analysing everything the manager said or did.

I'm amazed a thread like this is even needed. Johnson is a top manager in terms of what we've had, and compared to others in the Championship.

We're in a strong posistion, and on the verde of hopefully securing the future of this football club.

Forget the stirring of muppets, i'd be amazed if the vast majority of City fans weren't happy with GJ

Muppets :disapointed2se: This forum is about opinions, and we all have them; on team selection, tactics etc; GJ is one of the best since AD but that dosent mean I have to agree with everything he does/says.

We could be on "the verge" by the way but things could go either way even with the stadium, there are no guarantees.

As I pointed out about Johnson yes he has done OK but none of the Managers over the last 25 years have had the backing of a benefactor like Lansdown money.

Umm, no. That's just nonsense. Danny Wilson and Brian Tinnion both worked for Lansdown. Wilson spent £2m failing to win promotion from league one and Tinnion hardly struggled for backing.

Johnson spent comparatively little on winning promotion and the bigger sums have only come gradually as the team has established itself in the Championship. Johnson probably spent no more than £2m in transfer fees in the first Championship season and finished 4th. By contrast, John Ward spent £3.5m last time City were promoted and the team finished 24th.

Guest ashtonyate
Umm, no. That's just nonsense. Danny Wilson and Brian Tinnion both worked for Lansdown. Wilson spent £2m failing to win promotion from league one and Tinnion hardly struggled for backing.

Johnson spent comparatively little on winning promotion and the bigger sums have only come gradually as the team has established itself in the Championship. Johnson probably spent no more than £2m in transfer fees in the first Championship season and finished 4th. By contrast, John Ward spent £3.5m last time City were promoted and the team finished 24th.

Tinnion was sold down the river Lita was sold then Tinnion was told there was no money available go out and sign freebees which saw his down fall.Wilson did have a bit more to spend but Johnson has spent about 2 Million on Trundle & Styvars who have played very little for City.Mine and other fans view is we have the most expensive team City has ever had yet the football is poor.

i'm pretty sure nyatanga and haynes, amongst others, weren't free transfers, but otherwise i agree with you

a counterpoint though is that with the size of our stadium and our resources, getting out of leauge one was more of an expectation than an achievement, although others have of course failed, and i credit johnson for succeeding, using a 4-4-1-1 formation with a creative midfielder (a can of worms i'll leave unopened)

the only two problems i have with johnson are as follows, but i dont think they're enough to replace him

1. how often have we led 1-0 at home, and sat on it? with the attacking talent we have, this is bemusing. go 1 up, throw skuse on and hope for the best, is hardly a promotion game plan, and with the club running at a MASSIVE and unsustainable loss, we HAVE to be looking at promotion, as that is the financial reality. winning home games is a must.

2. since johnson got here, not ONE academy player has come through into the 1st team. he says they lack experience at this level, then never plays them to give them that experience. i dont see how it helps us more to have andy webster and stern john playing, than developing our own youngsters who are already wales u-21 internationals, but there you go.

i think the tide of opinion is still with him, but not as strongly as 12 months ago

This very thread shows there is a problem or there would be no reason to write it, you can bang the Johnson drum as much as you like but the fact is there are a lot of City fans out there who are fed up with the uninspiring football being played over the last couple of season.

So I would say if Johnson is that good a manager then he should be able to play a more entertaining style of football.

You see, this is what pisses me off. You harp on about people having the right to have opinions and yet you can`t resist ambushing a positive thread. Those of us who still support GJ have had to spend the past week or so trawling through endless threads and posts, some of which have undermined the club never mind GJs performance as manager. But put one thread of outright support and you object to it.

PDG

Guest ashtonyate
You see, this is what pisses me off. You harp on about people having the right to have opinions and yet you can`t resist ambushing a positive thread. Those of us who still support GJ have had to spend the past week or so trawling through endless threads and posts, some of which have undermined the club never mind GJs performance as manager. But put one thread of outright support and you object to it.

PDG

silly me i thought it was a forum not pravda

120% behind Gary!!!!!!!!

Let today be the beginning of a fantastic time in the history of Bristol City FC

Say Yes!!! You know it makes sense!!!!!!

:fingerscrossed:

How can you be 120%? Is that better than 100% but much worse than 300%?

I am about 70% on the GJ front. I think some of his tactics, formations and selections could be better. IMO.

But I am 105% sure of that?!

Guest bigcheese

Thought the interview was very positive. To hear him say that they discuss team selection made me respect things a little more and also

the obvious statement that the opposition arent there to make up the numbers reminds me to bear that in mind.

Not wishing to dampen this thread, I feel he missed an opportunity to put the LJ thing to bed once and for all. *ducks* :surrender:

Behind GJ all the way. I could listen to the bloke chat for hours always talks sense top top manager and we are very lucky to have him.

He took the club i love to the play off final and we were one game away from premier league football.

Just look at where we were when he took over and where we are now.

I fear that one day he will be driven out of the club and i struggle to comprehend how some people can be so negative towards him.

We are now an established championship club something i never thought we would achieve.

GJ thank you for everything you have done at this club so far and long may it continue.

Archived