IGNORED

David Cotterill Out Of Favour At Sheff Utd

!james

cotts v sproule bit of a no brainer aint it

Not really. You've got one guy lightning fast and another without enough pace for a winger.

Plus why waste money on cotts who wasn't gonna cut it in the Prem anyway when we've sold him already.

There's much better about, he'd hardly be a better option bar for taking penalties.

Basically Cotterill is a load of poo and overated. Give it time, he'll keep falling downhill and we won't.

Not really. You've got one guy lightning fast and another without enough pace for a winger.

Plus why waste money on cotts who wasn't gonna cut it in the Prem anyway when we've sold him already.

There's much better about, he'd hardly be a better option bar for taking penalties.

Basically Cotterill is a load of poo and overated. Give it time, he'll keep falling downhill and we won't.

And Alan walsh had bags of pace didnt he?

Difference between Cottrill and Sproule or even Bradders for that matter is that he delivers the ball into the box.

Ive watched him on the box a few times for Utd and he always has impressed me

I like Cotts at this level, he's the right age, faltering a bit in his career. I think looked ok to poor in the Prem. Has to be a resonable fee. Less than Sheff paid IMO.

I don't really have an impressionb of him as a person as he was obviously younger when he was here, what's he like? Would he fit in?

Difference is Cotterill has end product. Cotteril's pace is fine- I'd rather he was medium pace than fast and awful like Sproule.

Yes, but I never saw him as an out-and-out winger so I don't know if he would solve anything. That said he was fast and tricky so worth having as an option.

You're right of course, Dan. Cotts can play in the centre as well, lest we forget his great goal against Huddersfield in December 2005, following a mazy run and beating 3 players. Or was it 4?

And yes, if the money was there I'd welcome him back with open arms to join our burdgeoning Welsh international contingent.

I'd love to see him back, and I don't think that about many players.

We sold a 'boy' and got more money that he was worth at the time (again on the back of a good showing on tv), but we would be getting back a 'man'. He has grown and developed and when I've seen him play since I've thought 'if only...'

Why?? he only had 1 good game in 5, we got 2m, then got promoted!
Because he was a good player with good potential. I understand why we sold him, That sort of money for a League One club you can't really turn down. But because of his potential and the timing of his sale I was disappointed.

Guest ashtonyate

having watched him a few times I think he would be a good buy he has now improved into a good all rounder and would link midfield and the attack up well I reckon 750k would buy him.

Because he was a good player with good potential. I understand why we sold him, That sort of money for a League One club you can't really turn down. But because of his potential and the timing of his sale I was disappointed.

Agree totally

I was also dissapointed we had to sell but it was clear the timing & money were right

Have him back in the side saturday if possible - someone who can cross & pass and link up play very well and still young enough to mold into better alround midfield type

Archived