IGNORED

Radio 5 Old Shirts

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but it is for a worthy cause.

This year as with last year Radio 5 are holding a shirt amnesty for fans to get rid of their old football shirts which are then sent off to several African countries. Last year 25000 shirts were collected and this year they are going for even more. It doesn't matter how old the shirt is, as long as it is still wearable-even if it is no longer in fashion in England. Below is the link to the site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sport/shirtamnesty04.shtml

Mods please don't move this post off the general city forum as it is for a good cause and while not exactly city orientated it will probably be of interest to many fans.

Guest bristolbred

They can have my shirt with pleasure!! :dunno:

I won't be needing it again this season!! :@

As i am a City leper living miles away from Bristol, and unable to freely purchase a ticket for the away leg!! :Fume:

At least it will be going to a better cause than lining Steve Lansdowns pocket!! :dunno:

^_^

If anyone is able to donate old shirts it will help spread the City gospel. A pair of 20 year olds went from here to carry out some projects in a rural part of Uganda two years ago. Walking through one village, the local children shouted "Mazungi, mazungi". This is the Swahili word for white man as these two Brits were the first white men the children had ever seen. The next day all the children had to wear something red to school and one of them turned up in a Man U shirt.

Archived