IGNORED

Skuse Tackle

italian dave

From where we were sat yesterday I couldn't really see what happened when Forset had that great chance not long before they scored. But having seen it on TV now, what a fantastic challenge that was from Skuse. It's up there with any of Basso and Gerkin's saves this season as preventing a certain goal - and talk about 'never say die' - great stuff. Their forward must have wondered where Skuse came from!! If he carries on as he has the past few games, he's in with a shout for player of the season.

From where we were sat yesterday I couldn't really see what happened when Forset had that great chance not long before they scored. But having seen it on TV now, what a fantastic challenge that was from Skuse. It's up there with any of Basso and Gerkin's saves this season as preventing a certain goal - and talk about 'never say die' - great stuff. Their forward must have wondered where Skuse came from!! If he carries on as he has the past few games, he's in with a shout for player of the season.

Forget the last few games, Skuse has been up there for player-of-the-season all season. The only other player coming close would be Maynard, but Skuse for me is the leader.

Skuse has been teh player this season that has surprised me the most. He has matured as a player and deserves his place in the side. If given the choice I would have to pick him ahead of Elliott if it was a choice between the two.

Remember when Stoke were "after him" and everyone thought it was hilarious? Weird how times change, he's changed as a player inexplicably, ever since the injury to Elliott last season, a different class. One of the players I'd keep if we were to make the step-up, he could cope. Cracking player.

Good Shout Italian Dave

Skkkkkkkkuuuuuusssssssssee!

Remember when Stoke were "after him" and everyone thought it was hilarious? Weird how times change, he's changed as a player inexplicably, ever since the injury to Elliott last season, a different class. One of the players I'd keep if we were to make the step-up, he could cope. Cracking player.

I was thinking this too. Maybe he's not changed that much as a player... perhaps he's just fulfilling the potential that other people within the game saw, but that we as fans, quick to jump on errors as we are, couldn't?

I was thinking this too. Maybe he's not changed that much as a player... perhaps he's just fulfilling the potential that other people within the game saw, but that we as fans, quick to jump on errors as we are, couldn't?

Skuse has always had the technical ability right from the beginning, great touch, passing, pace - that was fairly clear to see. The problem up until this season has been influencing games and having any sort of consistency. He's now, for the first time, doing both and that makes his ability really stand out. He's also got more confidence as a result and that shows as well. Right now I'd pick him ahead of Elliott in the midfield.

Skuse has always had the technical ability right from the beginning, great touch, passing, pace - that was fairly clear to see. The problem up until this season has been influencing games and having any sort of consistency. He's now, for the first time, doing both and that makes his ability really stand out. He's also got more confidence as a result and that shows as well. Right now I'd pick him ahead of Elliott in the midfield.

+1.

I can remember going back about 5-6 years ago when Skuse was first breaking into the first team, myself and a friend both commented that he could go far in the game as he was looking very good. He had athleticism, pace and a damn good work-rate for someone so young.

Typically, on the way out of the ground, a chap in front of me walked past saying how crap he was when an old bloke next to us, looked at me and said "was he watching the same game as me? I thought Skuse was very good", which goes to show that some people have no idea at all. :disapointed2se:

isnt it great we finally have another Bristol born and bread player in our team playing regularly.

I remember the Wilson days when more than half the team were local lads. Surely there should be more coming through our acadamy?[/u]

Please dont open that can of worms.

But i agree.

Skuse has been playing well all season and his spell at right back has shown what a versatile player he is. Makes you wonder whether Orr will walk back into the team in a fortnights time.

I don't think Skuse will be keeping Orr out of the side yes although versatile, it is noticeable that the support on the right side is not up there with Orr and although some say Orr passing is lacking, Skuse has done nothing to prove his passing is any better. Although it was a good tackle Saturday.

Archived