IGNORED

Feel The Love On The Forum

Will Rollason

Was it the blood letting of last week? The appeal from GJ ? The yes vote to the stadium? people are just making more of an effort or what? i dont know :innocent06:

I do know that this forum is a MUCH better place to be and long may it last.

In my own dealings on the forum i have noticed that using my name rather than a pseudonym has had a positive effect when things have got a bit heated

So i'm going to change my user name to my real name.

I called myself Saab driver because , 5 years ago, when i joined up someone was having a go at middle class supporters

and i lived in Redland at the time and drove a Saab coupe ( even though i was working as a landscaper/builder). The Saab soon died on me and i have ridden a bike ever since and now live 100yds from the MEM :winner_third_h4h:

Cant believe its 2 weeks till the next game :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

Was it the blood letting of last week? The appeal from GJ ? The yes vote to the stadium? people are just making more of an effort or what? i dont know :innocent06:

In my own dealings on the forum i have noticed that using my name rather than a pseudonym has had a positive effect when things have got a bit heated

I called myself Saab driver because , 5 years ago, when i joined up someone was having a go at middle class supporters

and i lived in Redland at the time and drove a Saab coupe ( even though i was working as a landscaper/builder). The Saab soon died on me and i have ridden a bike ever since and now live 100yds from the MEM :winner_third_h4h:

I think it's simply because we got a good result. And we witnessed a fair selection. There in essence isn't anything to complain about.

i have ridden a bike ever since and now live 100yds from the MEM :winner_third_h4h:

Are you me in disguise!?! I also ride a bike and live 100 yards from the Mem...

Oh. No, I don't think I have ever owned a Saab. Or lived in Redland. Or am called Will Rollason. Ahem. :noexpression:

Are you me in disguise!?! I also ride a bike and live 100 yards from the Mem...

Oh. No, I don't think I have ever owned a Saab. Or lived in Redland. Or am called Will Rollason. Ahem. :noexpression:

And were you firing rockets over the rugby pitch whilst they were losing to the saints then?? I was doing my best. :innocent06:

I think it has more to do with the fact that if anything remotely contentious is posted it is locked down.So nothing but sweetness and light can be seen.

I still live in Redland. Do you know a local Pub to watch games? I tried the 'Kebab and Calculator' but its full off gasheads!

I think that people are thinking a bit more about what they are posting and making an effort to be positive.

Maybe, but most of the angst expressed on here last week was about style of play and team selection but the bottom line is that there is nothing from Saturday to complain about. It wasn't pretty but City did a good job at Forest and came away with a decent point. There were no team selection debates to have either. Most fans would probably agree that the side Johnson selected was about as strong as was available.

Had City gone to Forest with dodgy tactics and team selection and ended up getting stuffed then there would have been just as much disharmony as there was last week.

I think that people are thinking a bit more about what they are posting and making an effort to be positive.

And nothing like a dose of reality, when you hear what the Sproule's are going through, to put football (and forums) into perspective.

I see a few of the mods. have followed your lead and altered their forum names.

We now have IanM & WesM.

I'm assuming the M indicates the same family surname, presumably short for Ian Moderator and Wes Moderator.

Their younger sister, ;) RedModerator was evidently a trailblazer for including the M some time ago - perhaps it's about time TomF :o did the same. :innocent06:

I see a few of the mods. have followed your lead and altered their forum names.

We now have IanM & WesM.

I'm assuming the M indicates the same family surname, presumably short for Ian Moderator and Wes Moderator.

Their younger sister, ;) RedModerator was evidently a trailblazer for including the M some time ago - perhaps it's about time TomF :o did the same. :innocent06:

Ha Ha something like that, just a co-incidence about the M's. They seem to be taking the first 3 letters of their first name then adding the 1st of their last name, I'm staying as RedM as if I charge I'll be MarC (Marc) !!! :o

I've been inspired by Will to do the same, so having posted on here as well_red for the last few years, I'm now going to come out of the shadows and post under my own name. If using our real names encourages more positive debate and cuts down on the abuse, that has to be a good thing.

Cheers to Will for the inspiration.

Martyn Hocking

I've been inspired by Will to do the same, so having posted on here as well_red for the last few years, I'm now going to come out of the shadows and post under my own name. If using our real names encourages more positive debate and cuts down on the abuse, that has to be a good thing.

Cheers to Will for the inspiration.

Martyn Hocking

How do you change usernames?

PM someone in green. (or Tom)

I might actually let users do it themselves. The software has the ability and can allow say one change a year.. we did that on TFF recently and it saves ourselves a load of time.

I live only about 20 yards from the Mem, but have definitely never aimed fireworks at the ground or anything like that. No way. Absolutely not. No sirree Bob. :whistle:

Right little Hezbollah militia aren't you? Careful the Mem doesn't launch a disproportionate attack on your schools, using white phosphorus!

Archived