IGNORED

Ferguson Sacked

Phileas Fogg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8351399.stm

Bottom of the table maybe, but seems harsh to me. Maybe not sacked, but the suggestions are there; maybe pushed......

Makes me think... If we got to the promised land, what would the board/fans put up with. You'd have to expect to come straight back down, but then in recent years, maybe the gulf between Prem/Top championship is narrowing with Stoke/Hull/Burnley appearing to hold their own. Surprisingly in last two years, both Play-Off clubs appear to have done v.well (long way to go).

I expect the board would put up woth more than the fans would.... :innocent06:

I think he has failed at this level by his stubourness to not signing experienced players. The majoirty of the players he has bought over the last couple of years are youngsters from the conference, League 1 and 2. He has had success with a lot of the youngsters he bought in, but a lot of them have just gone out on loan to league 2 non league sides because there nowhere near good enough for this level. Before people mention McClean and Boyd they were both already with Posh before he was hired.

You can look at his signings from the last couple of weeks. One of these was a 19 year old striker from Histon. He doesnt know if he'll cut it at this level, and in the middle of a relegation scrap isnt the time to do it when you have funds for more experienced players. In the summer if they had signed a few players who had played at this level before in mid to late 20's with the experience would have stood them in a better position. If they had an older/experienced player upfront, midfield and defence would give the young players around them someone with confidence they've been there before. I think that was his downfall relying on youngsters.

Seems harsh and premature to me. I hope we would have given Johnson longer if we'd been in that situation (although maybe the fact that we weren't is an indication of how much better Johnson is), and I think most people also believe John Ward's department was premature last time we were in that position.

Mind you, I don't know as Ferguson is an exceptional manager considering the money he's been able to throw at his team.

it just goes to show football is a cut throat business and is only based on results it will be interesting who they have lined up as there next manager as i doubt they would of sacked fergie without a replacement all ready lined up my bet would be southgate he was being lined up to be the next brighton manager if that's true im sure he would jump at the chance to manage peterborough

Pboro spent next to no money in the summer and bought in lower league players and unsuprisngly are bottom, what more did there board expect? This is a tuff division even if you do spend shed loads (Ipswich for example) so to spend hardly anything and then sack your manager beacuse you are struggling baffles me. Even more baffling is that he has taken them from league 2 to the championship in what 2 seasons?!!

If it turns out he hasnt got a new job lined up then i would be pretty shocked as IMO he is top young manager.

If I were Fergie Jnr I would be very annoyed right now. He's done an amazing job there as manager, and has been treated so badly. What did the P'Boro board expect, another promotion? I cant imagine Coppell going there, think he would want a club with a bigger fanbase and budget!. But hopefully Fergie Jnr goes onto bigger and better things.

This morning's breakfast phone in on BBC Cambs was interesting;

"I've seen Worthington at the last few Posh games, he's probably been lined up".

"They're sacking Fergie now as it's an International break and they can get a new man in before the next league game".

Best of all; "Neil Warnock would be ideal for us as he'd get players playing for the shirt". That'd be good, Barry Fry & Neil Warnock operating together.

Many fans complained that Barry Fry as Director of Football and therefore responsible for transfers has not ben sacked. Worst case scenario (as far as Posh are concerned); Fry becomes Caretaker Manager for the remainder of the season.

Many fans complained though that having signed up for SMS alerts, there was nothing from the club yesterday, but The Sun and the local radio station knew about it yesterday afternoon.

My son's comment was that Fergusson decided to let those players who got Posh promoted should have their chance in the Championship instead of signing better players. Meanwhile earlier this season the club's best left back complained at being substituted and was put out on loan as a result.

I think they've sealed their own fate with the appointment of Mark Cooper. I reckon they will be going down back to league 1 this season. My dad who's a Posh fan isnt too enthusiastic about him going there and one of my mates on facebook not happy either. I think they should have gone out and got someone with a bit of experience at this level.

Archived