IGNORED

Sno Upfront?

DaveF

He's big, strong, great touch and very skillfull. Worth popping up front with Maynard for a few games sometime to see how he does? I think he'd do quite well, as good as Saborio if not better.

I think it would be worth considering, if its only for the first 20 mins of a game or so just to get a look at what his ability is playing upfront. I dont think he would do that well personally but would be worth a pop !

Couldn't see it working beacause Sno doesn't have enough pace nor, despite his height can he head the ball that well. His strength is retaining the ball in tight situations on the deck and creating for others.

If he played alongside Maynard he would be expected to win headers and so on and thats not his game. He'd be very handy playing 'in the hole' behind the front two where City would get the best out of his qualities but Johnson doesn't play that formation.

Didn't City start this season with a player playing just behind the strikers? I hardly think it's fair to say Johnson doesn't play that formation. I can also remember Noble and Williams playing there in previous seasons, though that tended to be behind one striker rather than two.

Anyway, whilst I can see the attraction of trying Sno up front, I don't think it would be a good idea whilst there are so many genuine strikers available. Clarkson and Akinde should both be ahead of Sno for the role of striker and I would be reluctant to give up on Saborio so soon. He's a quality player who I'm sure will come good*.

*I will admit here and now that I also said this about Styvar and I seem to have been wrong there, but Saborio should be a class above.

Archived